ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marquis Godwin
mac Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Marquis Godwin
Nice article by Ed Miller. Godwin has really been helping us lately. Hueitt will be next up after he gets back into the swing. Always takes time.

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/o...cb319.html
02-21-2018 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

Marquis Godwin
Sounds like a motivated young man. Glad to see his hard work paying off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-21-2018 07:30 AM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
RE: Marquis Godwin
Going to be fun to watch him continue to improve while playing for our Monarchs.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 11:10 AM by ETSUDB8-79.)
02-21-2018 11:10 AM
Punk Offline
1st String

02-21-2018 11:27 AM
mac Offline
All American

Beginning of what?
02-21-2018 11:29 AM
Punk Offline
1st String

(02-21-2018 11:29 AM)mac Wrote:  Beginning of what?

Tyrod was quoting this tweet

https://twitter.com/edmillervp/status/96...3727161346

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 11:38 AM by Punk.)
02-21-2018 11:37 AM
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

Hmm. These twitter embeds get a bit funky when the tweet is referencing another tweet.
02-21-2018 12:41 PM
FearTheLion Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
Really love the way Tyrod stays locked in to his alma mater orgs. He retweets HHS and VT stuff with a lot of pride. Here we are with a World Series champ that won't even acknowledge with a simple thank you when any of our own sends him a Happy Birthday tweet.

Just the ODU Alumnus way, I suppose.
02-21-2018 01:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I think Godwin has a little bit of an advantage over MHJ because of his size/strength. It's easier to plug him in and play some defense even if he's still struggling a bit. MHJ has talent and I love the explosiveness he has in his jumper.

I do hope last game was a bit of a fluke; Godwins handles were all over the place.
02-21-2018 02:14 PM
blewbyu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
(02-21-2018 02:14 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I think Godwin has a little bit of an advantage over MHJ because of his size/strength. It's easier to plug him in and play some defense even if he's still struggling a bit. MHJ has talent and I love the explosiveness he has in his jumper.

I do hope last game was a bit of a fluke; Godwins handles were all over the place.

Have no idea what you were saying with that post. The reason Godwin is playing and MHJ is not playing is work ethic. MHJ so far has not matured to the point he comes ready to practice HARD every day. He can play..he will be a good player once he realizes he has to play hard in practice...as if it were a game situation. The light came on for Godwin about a month ago. He goes hard in practice and it has paid off for him. Look for Godwin to be in the rotation from now on. Don't see MHJ getting there this year. But remember the best thing about freshmen is they become sophmores.
02-21-2018 07:13 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(02-21-2018 02:14 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I think Godwin has a little bit of an advantage over MHJ because of his size/strength. It's easier to plug him in and play some defense even if he's still struggling a bit. MHJ has talent and I love the explosiveness he has in his jumper.

I agree - MJH needs to put on 15-20 pounds before next year. And they both need to keep working on their defense. But I love their confidence when they shoot. You can tell they’re itching for the ball as soon as they get in.
02-21-2018 07:46 PM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-21-2018 07:13 PM)blewbyu Wrote:  

Have no idea what you were saying with that post. The reason Godwin is playing and MHJ is not playing is work ethic. MHJ so far has not matured to the point he comes ready to practice HARD every day. He can play..he will be a good player once he realizes he has to play hard in practice...as if it were a game situation. The light came on for Godwin about a month ago. He goes hard in practice and it has paid off for him. Look for Godwin to be in the rotation from now on. Don't see MHJ getting there this year. But remember the best thing about freshmen is they become sophmores.

I would guess its a combo of both
02-21-2018 07:55 PM
JJMonarch Offline
1st String

I love the games of both Godwin and Hueitt. Throw in Green and Jason Wade in our backcourt in years to come and our 2 and 3 positions have a very bright future!
02-21-2018 08:01 PM
JJMonarch Offline
1st String

(02-21-2018 07:46 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  

I agree - MJH needs to put on 15-20 pounds before next year. And they both need to keep working on their defense. But I love their confidence when they shoot. You can tell they’re itching for the ball as soon as they get in.

Hueitt stated in an interview earlier in the season that he had added 17 pounds since coming to ODU. That being said I wouldn't expect him to gain another 15 or 20 pounds, though I guess he could have lost some of that pose added pounds with the flu. He can get stronger without gaining that much more weight. He is 6'3" with great quickness. Strength might be an issue with MJH but not necessarily weight.
02-21-2018 08:06 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(02-21-2018 08:06 PM)JJMonarch Wrote:  
(02-21-2018 07:46 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  

Hueitt stated in an interview earlier in the season that he had added 17 pounds since coming to ODU. That being said I wouldn't expect him to gain another 15 or 20 pounds, though I guess he could have lost some of that pose added pounds with the flu. He can get stronger without gaining that much more weight. He is 6'3" with great quickness. Strength might be an issue with MJH but not necessarily weight.

I see your point but a person can only get so strong at a certain weight. He might be able to get away with only putting on 10 lbs, but he is too slight right now to deal with the pounding those guys take on defense. Although his body will thicken in the next year since he is still so young. Look at how much bigger Green is this year vs last.
02-21-2018 08:49 PM
JJMonarch Offline
1st String

Good point about Green.
02-21-2018 09:16 PM
Advertisement

Punk Offline
1st String

(02-21-2018 08:01 PM)JJMonarch Wrote:  I love the games of both Godwin and Hueitt. Throw in Green and Jason Wade in our backcourt in years to come and our 2 and 3 positions have a very bright future!

and Justice Kithcart for 3 years...
02-22-2018 07:55 AM
mac Offline
All American

Yep Punk. If what everyone says about this transfer from Pitt is true, we are set for years and years. I know they recruited him hard before he went to Pitt.

The future looks very bright and we aren't done recruiting yet either.
02-22-2018 08:00 AM
FantomVII Offline
2nd String

If Jones wants to play both Hueitt and Godwin in a rotation, what positions would they take? Keep Hueitt at the 2 and move Godwin to the 3?
02-22-2018 08:13 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(02-22-2018 08:13 AM)FantomVII Wrote:  If Jones wants to play both Hueitt and Godwin in a rotation, what positions would they take? Keep Hueitt at the 2 and move Godwin to the 3?

I don't think there is room for that this year, barring some foul trouble or one of those games where we cannot score for a long stretch (it has been awhile). It would be a mistake for either to take minutes from anyone except Green. Any additional minutes taken from BJ or Haynes would do more harm than good, IMO.
02-22-2018 08:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.