Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Basketball Tourney, Tickets, Seating and Cost
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
It looks like this is going to be a expensive ticket for what we are getting...unless you really care about women's tourney and watching all of those games.

the “Institutional Use” section is for the schools and ticket cost is $180 and as far as I can tell there will not be any single game tickets sold in this area

The GA Premium section $180 all session there are 850 seats in this section. There will be single game tickets sold in this area. I;m waiting on a email from the UNT ticket office to clarify cost on this. Talking to them was confusing because the way I understood it ticket cost goes up each round. But I believe the person said $45, then $55 and then another price for the championship. Had a bad connection so I'm not 100% sure on that.

GA Green section is $125 and I believe they said $35 for single game ticket

The all session passes are usually a good deal if you want to watch all of the tourney. But that's not really the case this year. As you can see from the below schedule, 2 mens game will be played basically at the same time. One starting 30 minutes after the other. So you are missing almost half of the games....you will get a peak because of the 30 minute start times different. But that's it.

So if your team goes to the finials you are paying $45 a game seed 5 & below and $60 a game for the top 4 seeds. Of course you can watch half of the womens tourney because they are scheduled the same....2 games going on at once.

Why they decided this was a great ideal...I don't know. Common sense says play a mens game on court A and a womans game on court B. That way you at least get the choice of watch the whole mens tourney...with a $180 ticket

Once I get the email I will confirm ticket cost for single game ticket. One other thing...each section will have ushers .."can I see your ticket, please" so no moving down from the green ga even if those side court seats are 90% empty

Wednesday, March 7 - First Round
11 am Women's First Round Game 1 (Court A)
11:30 am Women's First Round Game 2 (Court B)

1:30 pm Women's First Round Game 3 (Court A)
2 pm Women's First Round Game 4 (Court B)

6 pm Men's First Round Game 1 (Court A)
6:30 pm Men's First Round Game 2 (Court B)

8:30 pm Men's First Round Game 3 (Court A)
9 pm Men's First Round Game 4 (Court B)

Thursday, March 8 - Quarterfinals
11 am Women's Quarterfinal Game 5 (Court A)
11:30 am Women's Quarterfinal Game 6 (Court B)

1:30 pm Women's Quarterfinal Game 7 (Court A)
2 pm Women's Quarterfinal Game 8 (Court B)

6 pm Men's Quarterfinal Game 5 (Court A)
6:30 pm Men's Quarterfinal Game 6 (Court B)

8:30 pm Men's Quarterfinal Game 7 (Court A)
9 pm Men's Quarterfinal Game 8 (Court B)

Friday, March 9 - Semifinals
12:30 pm Men's Semifinal Game 9 (Court A)
3:00 pm Men's Semifinal Game 10 (Court A)

5:30 pm Women's Semifinal Game 9 (Court A)
8 pm Women's Semifinal Game 10 (Court A)

Saturday, March 10 - Championship Game
4:30 pm Women's Championship Game (Court A)

[Image: SEATING.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 04:57 PM by WKUYG.)
02-20-2018 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

RE: CUSA Basketball Tourney, Tickets, Seating and Cost
The email I received did not clear my confusion up...

maybe someone else can figure it out .

(edit) What was confusing me was the womens tourney listed with the mens. I believe session 1-4 is mens (or womens) 1st and 2nd round games. Session 5-6 is semi finials & finials of each

so $35 and $45 for the semi and finials

[Image: seat_price.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 05:30 PM by WKUYG.)
02-20-2018 05:23 PM
ODUCoach Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
This conference is run by a bunch of idiots.
02-20-2018 05:29 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
How is TV going to work with 2 games on at the same time? Sounds dumb
02-20-2018 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(02-20-2018 05:34 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  How is TV going to work with 2 games on at the same time? Sounds dumb

Cusa addressed that problem by not having any tv until the later rounds.
02-20-2018 06:12 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
Nice. Hopefully they get a local AM radio station to get exclusive rights to the early rounds.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018 06:27 PM by DoubleRSU.)
02-20-2018 06:26 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(02-20-2018 06:12 PM)Niner National Wrote:  
(02-20-2018 05:34 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  How is TV going to work with 2 games on at the same time? Sounds dumb

Cusa addressed that problem by not having any tv until the later rounds.

Wow. There's some forward thinking. Way to go!
02-20-2018 07:03 PM
Advertisement

Hilltopper413 Offline
2nd String

I feel like an issue that hasn’t been addressed is going to be the whistles from the other court. If it’s not a permenant divider I am gong to assume sound can penetrate to the other side. I can see a scenario where a player stops playing due to hearing a whistle from the other court while the rest of the players realize where it is coming from and play on. I’d hate for a game to be decided this way.
02-20-2018 07:18 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Maybe they could set up a series of mirrors so you can watch both games at once.
02-20-2018 07:23 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
Well, the main thing is that all the folks from the conference office get to sleep in their own beds at night, that appears the only positive thing out of this tournament location.

Last three finals have had UAB and MT, MT and ODU, and MT and Marshall. The top four seeds look like they'll be MT, ODU, WKU, and Marshall. It is going to be one empty venue for the finals if that holds...
02-20-2018 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I think playing at The Ford Center is going to be interesting and sometimes what doesn't seem like a great ideal works out. I think the price of a ticket is not going to help with attendance. But if that price is correct ...$35 then $45 (if thats the correct info from UNT) for the premium seat is in line with UAB tickets. As I said I don't think they really put a lot of thought into it with playing two mens games at once....

it devalues the all session ticket and the people who go to watch as many games as possible will not like it. If you are not a fan of womens basketball you are not going to like it. I'm personally not a fan that goes to all the games but if I was....

I would want afternoon secessions and then evenings

We are going to do as we did the last three years...day by day, ticket by ticket and if Western loses...hit the road home. It's going to be interesting seeing how the curtain stops the noise from the horn blowing or the band playing on the other court. I have a feeling 3 point shooting will be off in this tourney with the open space and seats so far from the end of the court.

Sooner or later CUSA will either get big-time or realize a arena with 6,000 seats is closer to our needs if not played on a home court. While I have no problem with the tourney moved from the east to the west....

I don't see TX schools supporting this.....

UNT had 2300 vs Western and that's coming off winning 4 out of their last 5 and the L a hard found gave @Middle
Rice listed attendance as 4200+ but actual attendance couldn't have been over 2k
UTSA 1305
UTEP ...well they are looking forward to football
Tech is struggling and probably wont have more than the 100 or so that went to UAB
S.Miss....lets just say their home ticket sales wouldn't buy two all session tickets
02-20-2018 08:44 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(02-20-2018 08:44 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  I think playing at The Ford Center is going to be interesting and sometimes what doesn't seem like a great ideal works out. I think the price of a ticket is not going to help with attendance. But if that price is correct ...$35 then $45 (if thats the correct info from UNT) for the premium seat is in line with UAB tickets. As I said I don't think they really put a lot of thought into it with playing two mens games at once....

it devalues the all session ticket and the people who go to watch as many games as possible will not like it. If you are not a fan of womens basketball you are not going to like it. I'm personally not a fan that goes to all the games but if I was....

I would want afternoon secessions and then evenings

We are going to do as we did the last three years...day by day, ticket by ticket and if Western loses...hit the road home. It's going to be interesting seeing how the curtain stops the noise from the horn blowing or the band playing on the other court. I have a feeling 3 point shooting will be off in this tourney with the open space and seats so far from the end of the court.

Sooner or later CUSA will either get big-time or realize a arena with 6,000 seats is closer to our needs if not played on a home court. While I have no problem with the tourney moved from the east to the west....

I don't see TX schools supporting this.....

UNT had 2300 vs Western and that's coming off winning 4 out of their last 5 and the L a hard found gave @Middle
Rice listed attendance as 4200+ but actual attendance couldn't have been over 2k
UTSA 1305
UTEP ...well they are looking forward to football
Tech is struggling and probably wont have more than the 100 or so that went to UAB
S.Miss....lets just say their home ticket sales wouldn't buy two all session tickets

At least it's a better deal if you're going to all sessions. Years ago, CUSA had all session tickets for $185. However, if you bought single session tickets for all 6 sessions, it was a total of $180. 01-wingedeagle
02-20-2018 09:21 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
YG,
Session 1: Women’s first round (Wednesday afternoon)
Session 2: Men’s first round
Session 3: Women’s quarters
Session 4: men’s quarters
Session 5: Friday: men’s & women’s semis
Session 6: (Saturday) Women’s & men’s finals
(I was able to confirm this from clicking around on the Ticketmaster site)
02-20-2018 10:53 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
You all remember the fuss about one team playing on short rest after a late night game against somebody else who played in the morning and had all day to recover? This whole schedule fixes all that. You know what else? I already took Thursday afternoon off because I knew two weeks ago that the women’s quarterfinals would be that afternoon, with a 3 hour window for my team’s start. I think it will be a good format once everyone sees it in practice.
02-20-2018 10:58 PM
ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-20-2018 07:23 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  Maybe they could set up a series of mirrors so you can watch both games at once.

clt says this is brilliant.
02-21-2018 07:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.