Open TigerLinks

Example - Vanderbilt
Bookmark and Share
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
Example - Vanderbilt
Not having a good year record wise and doing poorly in conference but have significantly improved play as the year progressed AND they have a really, really, good recruiting class coming in which gives HOPE for better days ahead.

Tiger's best three wins this year are (Ken Pom) 76 SMU (dropping like a rock due to injuries); 78 Temple; and 91 Northern Kentucky. - I read through the list sorry if I missed one.

(They still have a chance to pick off 22 Houston and then maybe a shot at Houston, Wichita, or Cincinnati in the conference tournament.)

Harris, if he even comes to Memphis, isn't a Top 100 player and while he may be a fine 4 year player probably won't move the needle all that much next season.

**Disclaimer** - I'm not telling anyone How They Should Feel.

There's too much of that going on. The above is an observation.

No, I am NOT on the Tubby Train and have not been since he was hired. I didn't like the hire from day 1. If you love the hire and think Tubby will return Tiger basketball as a regular fixture in the Top 20 then you have every right to feel that way.

So, what does next season hold for the Tigers. They will be better but it may not show up as more than a win or two record wise because, even though there have been some really close calls the only team they've actually lost to that they should have beaten was ECU. They may easily beat the slaw on their schedule next year but they only dropped the one game to a patsy.

They will also have to play @Houston and @ Wichita next year rather than at the forum and probably have home & home with Cincy. If I had to make a prediction right now I'd say next year will be an NIT year after 4 years of nothing.

Martin, Parks, the rest of the Jucos are going to be better; how much remains to be seen. The three freshmen will be better with a year under their belts BUT is next season the pinnacle of this cycle?

The Tigers will likely lose 5 of their top 6-7 players off the team and with what appears to be a really, really weak 2018 recruiting class (so far adding only Vanover) it doesn't appear to bode well for the future.
02-18-2018 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Example - Vanderbilt
You mentioned them playing At Houston and WSU . . . Can someone please tell me if they still only play them once next year? Keep hearing that’s they play them 2x next year. Anyone know if it’s once or twice?
02-18-2018 12:01 PM
DburgCat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kentucky
Vanderbilt is rolling right now. Drew (hold nose) has done well, and Vandy might be the best 16 loss team I've ever seen. If Riley NoChance could have hit free throws toward the end of regulation, they sweep UK this year. (Tennessee swept us for the first time in 20 years).

I'm thinking St. Johns vs. Vanderbilt NIT championship.
02-18-2018 03:46 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
they have three, THREE, stud recruits coming in next year - to a tough academic university at that

we have a guy coming in that most top paid college coaches would not even OFFER

please.make.a.change
02-18-2018 05:08 PM
DburgCat Offline
Water Engineer

(02-18-2018 05:08 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  they have three, THREE, stud recruits coming in next year - to a tough academic university at that

please.make.a.change

The academic issue no longer effects programs like Duke and Vandy. When Bagley and Duval can get cleared with their transcripts it's all you need to know. I'm not even sure my hometown community college would have accepted them right in, no hyperbole.
02-18-2018 05:35 PM
Advertisement

jamammy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-18-2018 05:35 PM)DburgCat Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 05:08 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  they have three, THREE, stud recruits coming in next year - to a tough academic university at that

please.make.a.change

The academic issue no longer effects programs like Duke and Vandy. When Bagley and Duval can get cleared with their transcripts it's all you need to know. I'm not even sure my hometown community college would have accepted them right in, no hyperbole.

Tell Mickey Mahoin that I said Hi.
02-18-2018 05:39 PM
DburgCat Offline
Water Engineer

(02-18-2018 05:39 PM)jamammy Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 05:35 PM)DburgCat Wrote:  

please.make.a.change

Tell Mickey Mahoin that I said Hi.

Ha he's great. Know him well.
02-18-2018 05:45 PM
Advertisement

SayWhat? Offline
All American

I Root For: CIVILITY & UofM

please.make.a.change

we have a guy coming in that most low paid college coaches would not even OFFER
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 06:04 PM by SayWhat?.)
02-18-2018 06:04 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(02-18-2018 06:04 PM)SayWhat? Wrote:  

please.make.a.change

02-18-2018 08:26 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-18-2018 08:26 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 06:04 PM)SayWhat? Wrote:  

please.make.a.change

It really does no one any good to bag on recruits who have chosen to come to Memphis. There are not enough of them. The ones we get should not be ridiculed.

Bag on recruiting, the lack of volume or high level. But don't call out our signees.
02-19-2018 01:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.