ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach Nikki's Magic (Passion and Poise)
Full_Court_Press Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ODU
Coach Nikki's Magic (Passion and Poise)
I simply adore this Awesome Woman:

Coach Nikki is a players coach. She is also a Disciplinarian, every coach doesn't bring that, and it's natural for her. She can get in players faces, chew them out, and then after a hard, grueling practice, take them all to see a Movie and have an awesome time.

From what I have seen, there is nothing phony about Coach Nikki. First and foremost, she loves her players, loves the game, plays no favorites, works hard and makes no excuses. She's an outstanding recruiter and never stops coaching, ever.

She said (paraphrasing) I know what winning looks like, I know what winning sounds like, and I know what winning feels like, and as long as we do what we are suppose to, the wins will come.

Well the wins are coming, and they will keep coming.

She has so much Passion, but never loses her Poise. She's a fighter and a Survivor. I love everything about Coach Nikki.

This ODU Alum is so very happy that Coach Nikki has chosen to share her Magic with the ODU family. And, I know I'm not alone.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:12 AM by Full_Court_Press.)
02-18-2018 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Oduniceguy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big Blue Beast
RE: Coach Nikki's Magic (Passion and Poise)
+1
02-18-2018 10:27 AM
RoanokeMonarch Offline
1st String

+1000
04-cheers
02-18-2018 11:22 AM
Justice2318 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
+ 1,000,000,000 Great Times are ahead
02-18-2018 12:02 PM
Advertisement

FantomVII Offline
2nd String

The higher ups better start stowing the money away to afford the raise needed to keep her from being bought out by high-major schools. Invest in for the long haul and have her retire from ODU. 04-cheers
02-18-2018 12:25 PM
N2theBlue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
She has that intangible "It" factor that Pat Summit had with her players and recruits. Look for this lady to do great things at ODU ...if we can hold on to her long enough.
02-18-2018 06:47 PM
eastcoastDave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis, ODU
(02-18-2018 09:00 AM)Full_Court_Press Wrote:  I simply adore this Awesome Woman:

Coach Nikki is a players coach. She is also a Disciplinarian, every coach doesn't bring that, and it's natural for her. She can get in players faces, chew them out, and then after a hard, grueling practice, take them all to see a Movie and have an awesome time.

From what I have seen, there is nothing phony about Coach Nikki. First and foremost, she loves her players, loves the game, plays no favorites, works hard and makes no excuses. She's an outstanding recruiter and never stops coaching, ever.

She said (paraphrasing) I know what winning looks like, I know what winning sounds like, and I know what winning feels like, and as long as we do what we are suppose to, the wins will come.

Well the wins are coming, and they will keep coming.

She has so much Passion, but never loses her Poise. She's a fighter and a Survivor. I love everything about Coach Nikki.

This ODU Alum is so very happy that Coach Nikki has chosen to share her Magic with the ODU family. And, I know I'm not alone.

Very good post. Coach Nikki is probably a better person than she is a coach, and she’s an excellent coach. If I had a daughter who was a basketball player, you better believe I’d entrust her to Coach Nikki.
02-18-2018 09:26 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

Incredibly (albeit requiring a lot of things to break the right way), ODU is still mathematically alive for a top-four seed and first-round bye.

The Monarchs are 6-7 with three games left, two of which are against teams ahead of them (Charlotte and Middle Tennessee, both on the road). There's four teams in the No. 3 through 6 spots with eight wins each. If:
  • ODU wins out,
  • Charlotte and Louisiana Tech lose out, and
  • Middle Tennessee beats Charlotte but loses the rest of its games,
ODU would be 9-7 and tied for fourth with Middle Tennessee, holding the tiebreaker. Charlotte and Louisiana Tech would be 8-8, with Charlotte having the tiebreaker for sixth. Rice is also part of that 8-win cluster but with games against Marshall, UTSA and North Texas on their schedule, there's basically no way that they'll finish below ODU, so pencil them in for no worse than the third seed.

Considering that ODU was 2-16 a month ago, that's a HELL of a turnaround they've pulled to get into this position.
02-18-2018 09:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.