Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Josh Pastner left Memphis just in time
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
MyBB Josh Pastner left Memphis just in time
This guy needs to get his act together fast. My biggest complaint about him was always that he couldn’t run a high major program without disfunction. He’s ruining Tech. I don’t believe the sexual allegations are true. But I do believe the other things. It sounds every bit like the disfunction that existed here while he was coach. He had great timing coming in as our head coach feeding off of Cals success and his hard work ethic as a recruiter. Things quickly unraveled however, and what is happening at Georgia Tech just furthers those beliefs.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/20...llegations
02-18-2018 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Josh Pastner left Memphis just in time
(02-18-2018 08:25 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  This guy needs to get his act together fast. My biggest complaint about him was always that he couldn’t run a high major program without disfunction. He’s ruining Tech. I don’t believe the sexual allegations are true. But I do believe the other things. It sounds every bit like the disfunction that existed here while he was coach. He had great timing coming in as our head coach feeding off of Cals success and his hard work ethic as a recruiter. Things quickly unraveled however, and what is happening at Georgia Tech just furthers those beliefs.

Sounds like a lose-lose-lose for JP & GT regardless of the outcome........
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 08:49 AM by Atlanta.)
02-18-2018 08:49 AM
bluecrew Offline
1st String

I Root For: A stable conference
I despise Josh Pastner. He was a fake and a horrible coach. He killed the Tiger program. And even I don't believe he sexually assaulted anyone.
02-18-2018 08:53 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(02-18-2018 08:49 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 08:25 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  This guy needs to get his act together fast. My biggest complaint about him was always that he couldn’t run a high major program without disfunction. He’s ruining Tech. I don’t believe the sexual allegations are true. But I do believe the other things. It sounds every bit like the disfunction that existed here while he was coach. He had great timing coming in as our head coach feeding off of Cals success and his hard work ethic as a recruiter. Things quickly unraveled however, and what is happening at Georgia Tech just furthers those beliefs.

Memphis probably gets the sanctions.
02-18-2018 08:54 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

[Image: tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_500.gif]
02-18-2018 08:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-18-2018 08:54 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

Yeah, strict compliance for not warning GT.......
02-18-2018 08:56 AM
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
This story reeks of extortion and blackmail....though the stories may be fabricated a bit...Pastors involvement with this couple knowing the guys history and background is suspect at best and he should not have been allowed ANY access to players...Josh is trying to save his job and or future opportunities as those seem to be few and far between...

However, it was very noticeable during his tenure here that Josh displayed obsessive/controlling behaviors that hindered his coaching abilities...so there IS something there....It seems that settlement is probably in his best interest, however he would have to overcome some narcissist behaviors to realize it....07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:07 AM by thagr82008.)
02-18-2018 09:07 AM
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

(02-18-2018 08:56 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(02-18-2018 08:54 AM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

Yeah, strict compliance for not warning GT.......

I got through about 75% of the article, had to stop reading. The fact that someone could try to ruin someone’s life, yes I said life, blows my mind. This goes way beyond his coaching, recruiting, how he runs a program etc. Once “sexual assault” was brought into this, well the whole thing changes. This could affect his job now, his marriage, his relationship w his kids, etc etc.
Bell’s GF was cut off last summer, she was receiving money from her family that was abruptly cut off due to her relationship with Bell. This angred Bell and from all accounts including hers, caused him to become physically abusive bc of this. Where would they get their money from now? Well they hatched up a scheme to hopefully extort money out of one of the only guys that seemed to help the Bell. I hope it fails miserably and they end up back in jail. Comment on his coaching abilities all you’d like but to attack him this way, well it’s sick.

Thag- so if someone said you played with yourself in front of their wife and you didn’t do it. You’d say “ah i’ll give her money to shut up”. Seriously, you are saying you’d do that? In no world would I offer money to someone when they are accusing me of such a disturbing act.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:23 AM by EricSigEpTNBeta183.)
02-18-2018 09:20 AM
450bench Offline

It's clear extortion. These people are criminals and I hope ithis garbage doesn't ruin Josh's career. Having said that, it looks like the lawsuit Josh filed against these losers further ignited the situation leading to the latest round of nonsense. He probably should have left it alone and ignored them. Easier said than done but his lawsuit likely acted as a catalyst.
02-18-2018 09:29 AM
TallTiger Offline
All American

I Root For:
Since the sexual assault lawsuit was filed, the sports talk hosts have defended Josh, saying he wouldn't have done this. We were in a tough situation when cal left, no one wanted to follow him here.

Years later, when our AD and President decided to extend Josh's contract with a hefty raise, that painted us into a corner. Fewer wins and kids finding it easier to leave made things worse. Fans confronting Josh's wife in public about leaving was an ugly chapter.

It was common knowledge we couldn't afford to fire him, pay off the rest of his contract and hire another coach. Georgia Tech bailed us out. How will things play out with Josh and Georgia Tech? I hope the lawsuits will be dealt with and he can move on.
02-18-2018 10:04 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Dude went from making like 200k to having close to 15Million in the bank in 10 years.

He did well for himself...Although he is still not a good bball coach.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 10:16 AM by macgar32.)
02-18-2018 10:16 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I don't think it is a lose if it can get GT out of that contract.

Was it a lose when Price was caught up in his affair?
02-18-2018 10:18 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 10:18 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  

I don't think it is a lose if it can get GT out of that contract.

Was it a lose when Price was caught up in his affair?

I don't think Pastner did anything that was sanctionable by the Ncaa, certainly not the sexual assault. But he sure showed poor judgment by letting these creeps hang around. Maybe it's his charitable nature which he showed to various organizations and fans while at Memphis.

I wish Pastner the best and hope he's able to turn something around somewhere. Some GT fans aren't happy with him and have hinted about getting out of the contract. From the GT swarm message board. Sounds familiar:

"I have been watching and keeping up with Tech basketball since the Buddy Blemker era and this is the worst team that I have ever seen at Tech. No matter the extra bad stuff that has happened this year. Acc players should be able to do this and this ect. I believe we are in for a long long time of this."
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 12:50 PM by cotton1991.)
02-18-2018 12:48 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

Bell also reportedly has an inscribed basketball from Pastner in which Pastner allegedly described Bell as, “a dear, dear friend! A brother from a different mother!”

Boy, that sounds familiar.
02-18-2018 01:14 PM
NigelTufnel Offline
Spelling Bee Champiun

I Root For: Ribs and Beer!
Not sure why Josh decided to file the original lawsuit, Bell is a complete kook and I doubt anyone would've taken him seriously. When you file a lawsuit, there are depositions and discovery and media ...

Not sure who advised Josh to file the lawsuit, but IMO, it was bad advice.
02-18-2018 01:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

(02-18-2018 01:21 PM)NigelTufnel Wrote:  Not sure why Josh decided to file the original lawsuit, Bell is a complete kook and I doubt anyone would've taken him seriously. When you file a lawsuit, there are depositions and discovery and media ...

Not sure who advised Josh to file the lawsuit, but IMO, it was bad advice.

How about that he has nothing to hide? Wouldn’t that be an obvious reason?
I already told you guys why they made up the sexual assault allegations. She was cut off financially by her family and it pissed Bell off. They needed money and boom extortion scheme.
02-18-2018 01:28 PM
Advertisement

UOFMGLENN Offline
The Grand Wazoo

(02-18-2018 01:14 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  Bell also reportedly has an inscribed basketball from Pastner in which Pastner allegedly described Bell as, “a dear, dear friend! A brother from a different mother!”

Boy, that sounds familiar.

Damn, I have a ball Pastner signed for me that says the same thing. Now I feel like I have been cheated.
02-18-2018 01:33 PM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(02-18-2018 10:16 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Dude went from making like 200k to having close to 15Million in the bank in 10 years.

He did well for himself...Although he is still not a good bball coach.

Agree. He did well for himself. I think he tried his best when here - he is just not a good game coach or developer of players. The thing I do resent is that he totally wasted our brand name that Calipari had expended so much effort to carefully build. Had we had an AD willing to put forth some effort to get a good proven coach after Calipari, we wouldn’t be in the shape we’re currently in.
02-18-2018 01:37 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Josh is not, and never will be, a leader. He’s a pleaser... a salesman, but he’s not a manager or a leader. He will fail at GT.
02-18-2018 01:48 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Just heard a JP interview on Atlanta radio. Same ole, same ole. He "guarantees that the GT MBB program will be returned to regular appearances in the NCAA tourney under his leadership", just going through a tough stretch with some bad breaks right now, then he repeated the same guarantee..........SMH. GT will learn or has already learned & is playing it out.
02-18-2018 01:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.