Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: TOL and NIU
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
MyBB Game Week: TOL and NIU
Two home games including senior day next Saturday (sorry to see you go, Timmy, its been a fun 4 years).

The big story, I think, is trying to figure what TOL team will show up Tuesday.

TOL was thoroughly dominated by the Cardinals in Muncie. One of the worst MAC losses of the year.

This could be one of the best games of the year. Hopefully a lot of TOL and EMU fans will turn out and the Convo will have a real atmosphere.

The weather will be spring like. NO excuses for students, locals, TOL fans, etc. not to show.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 08:51 AM by emu steve.)
02-18-2018 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Game Week: TOL and NIU
(02-18-2018 04:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Two home games including senior day next Saturday (sorry to see you go, Timmy, its been a fun 4 years).

TOL was thoroughly dominated by the Cardinals in Muncie. One of the worst MAC losses of the year.

One thing to keep in mind this season is we have alot of newcomers playing in real game situations together hopefully things should be meshing together on defense and offense at this point in the season
02-18-2018 08:06 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Here is the 1st half box from yesterday's TOL @ BSU game. BSU shot well, including 5 treys, but didn't do anything crazy like 8 of 10...

I see nothing in the box score to suggest that BSU did anything other than play a very, very good half of basketball.

https://utrockets.com/boxscore.aspx?path...l&id=16653
02-18-2018 08:49 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(02-18-2018 04:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Two home games including senior day next Saturday (sorry to see you go, Timmy, its been a fun 4 years).

This could be one of the best games of the year. Hopefully a lot of TOL and EMU fans will turn out and the Convo will have a real atmosphere.

The weather will be spring like. NO excuses for students, locals, TOL fans, etc. not to show.
It's Winter Recess on campus. Not that students go to games anyway.
02-18-2018 08:56 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

It would be nice if they put together a 2 to 3 minute highlight of Tim's plays for his last home game
02-18-2018 09:23 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(02-18-2018 08:49 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Here is the 1st half box from yesterday's TOL @ BSU game. BSU shot well, including 5 treys, but didn't do anything crazy like 8 of 10...

I see nothing in the box score to suggest that BSU did anything other than play a very, very good half of basketball.

https://utrockets.com/boxscore.aspx?path...l&id=16653

Except two players that were shooting treys at a combined 27% 25-91 went 6-7 86% yesterday. And BSU got to the charity stripe 14 more times the Rockets. UT was minus their starting point guard, who is day to day.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018 09:43 AM by Boca Rocket.)
02-18-2018 09:38 AM
vannzee Offline
Special Teams

Since it is spring break...I mean mid-winter recess, it’s not likely that there will be many students in attendance.
02-18-2018 10:31 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

It's too bad that the MAC scheduled our Basketball rival during spring break - that's bad planning by the MAC. I would think the MAC would schedule cross over games during spring break.

At any rate, here's my prediction:

Talent: EMU > Tool
Coaching: Tol >= EMU (virtually a tie)

EMU 72 Tol 70
02-18-2018 11:51 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-18-2018 11:51 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  It's too bad that the MAC scheduled our Basketball rival during spring break - that's bad planning by the MAC. I would think the MAC would schedule cross over games during spring break.

At any rate, here's my prediction:

Talent: EMU > Tool
Coaching: Tol >= EMU (virtually a tie)

EMU 72 Tol 70

True about having two home games this week, but not all MAC schools have spring break at the same time.

We are now officially into 'intra-divisional games' in both divisions. NO more inter-divisional games.

As far as spring break, don't most schools have their spring breaks in MARCH (usually the 2nd or 3rd weeks)?

We are an outlier, here.
02-18-2018 12:16 PM
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I have watched Toledo 3 times this season. Their frontcourt rivals us in length, unlike most of the conference. Two things need to happen. One, we must limit their offensive rebounding and easy put backs. Two, JT4 has to stay out of foul trouble defending them.
02-18-2018 07:59 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Luckey is trashing our zone again on another thread. He ought to be promoting tomorrow's game.

The weather will be spring like and a good day from folks in S.E. MI and N.W. Ohio to come out to the game.

https://www.freep.com/story/weather/2018...350105002/
02-19-2018 02:05 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

02-19-2018 07:24 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(02-19-2018 07:24 PM)emu steve Wrote:  http://emueagles.com/news/2018/1/19/mens...-town.aspx

You are the man, Steve! I am going to take my lunch break there tomorrow.
02-19-2018 09:50 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

Attended the Coach’s luncheon. The recap:

Women’s Coach:
*Pointed out that MAC women’s basketball is the 7th ranked conference according to the RPI (I will add: the fact that the women’s team are 6-8 in a rebuilding phase in such a good conference is impressive.

Murphy:
*When EMU found themselves 3-6 in conference, they broke down the season had his guys break down the season to non-conference, first half MAC, and second half MAC. In order to focus on the task at hand. Have been 4-1 since.
*Pointed our there are also a number of personal achievements being pursued, such as Bond chasing Earl Boykins steal record. So exciting times in addition to the schedule.
*Asked why he plays exclusive zone and never switched up to man-man. Responded he believes if you are going to do something than you need to try to do it great.
*Asked what was going right in current stretch. Responded he thinks the offensive game is flowing much better now.
*Asked if he sends tape to MAC officiating. Replied he did this his first 3 years but found it does not do good. He talks directly to the refs on floor. Pointed out bad foul on the rebound with 45 secs left in the CMU game. Talked to refs, and EMU got a favorable call coming down next possession.
*Asled about play Of Ellison and Jackson. Responded that Jackson is a natural and talented scorer, so brought in Ellison to starting line up to bring ball up and allow Jackson to focus more on scoring. But at end of game when game is on the line, wants the ball more in Jackson’s hands. (I presume, over Ellison. Not sure if meant over other players as well???)
02-20-2018 01:02 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(02-20-2018 01:02 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Attended the Coach’s luncheon. The recap:

Women’s Coach:
*Pointed out that MAC women’s basketball is the 7th ranked conference according to the RPI (I will add: the fact that the women’s team are 6-8 in a rebuilding phase in such a good conference is impressive.

Murphy:
*When EMU found themselves 3-6 in conference, they broke down the season had his guys break down the season to non-conference, first half MAC, and second half MAC. In order to focus on the task at hand. Have been 4-1 since.
*Pointed our there are also a number of personal achievements being pursued, such as Bond chasing Earl Boykins steal record. So exciting times in addition to the schedule.
*Asked why he plays exclusive zone and never switched up to man-man. Responded he believes if you are going to do something than you need to try to do it great.
*Asked what was going right in current stretch. Responded he thinks the offensive game is flowing much better now.
*Asked if he sends tape to MAC officiating. Replied he did this his first 3 years but found it does not do good. He talks directly to the refs on floor. Pointed out bad foul on the rebound with 45 secs left in the CMU game. Talked to refs, and EMU got a favorable call coming down next possession.
*Asled about play Of Ellison and Jackson. Responded that Jackson is a natural and talented scorer, so brought in Ellison to starting line up to bring ball up and allow Jackson to focus more on scoring. But at end of game when game is on the line, wants the ball more in Jackson’s hands. (I presume, over Ellison. Not sure if meant over other players as well???)

Thx Ramy!
02-20-2018 05:11 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Yes, thanks Ramy! I love this board. You guys are, essentially, our media coverage when you go to the luncheons like this.
02-20-2018 06:25 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(02-20-2018 01:02 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  Attended the Coach’s luncheon. The recap:

Women’s Coach:

Murphy:

Much appreciated Ramy.
02-20-2018 09:31 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks Ramy
02-21-2018 04:07 AM
Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
Hmm. NIU is coming to our place having beaten Buffalo and Western at home. However, they've lost to Toledo, CMU and Ball State. Not sure how to handicap this one, other than figure that EMU needs this home game.
02-23-2018 02:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.