Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great TLC luncheon today
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Great TLC luncheon today
Wondered what the "crowd" would be like. Maybe we do have better fans than I thought- I came a little late and initially couldn't find a seat. It was a packed house. Both Joe and Wes did a great job, as did the players they brought with them.
02-13-2018 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Great TLC luncheon today
Coach Foley, who usually tends to downplay things, really sounded like he believes he will have his most talented team next season with what he has returning (all except Keys) and his recruiting class.

Wes also sounded very excited about what he will have next year- his 2 best players did not play this season, all the freshman will be back, and he has signed some good recruits. I believe he will be back to coach them, but have absolutely no inside info on this. Obviously some on here believe he won't be back. I guess we'll see. But, this time I won't jump to conclusions if nothing happens, during the first week of the postseason, like I did last time. Chasse will make a decision on his own schedule.
02-13-2018 04:57 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Pro or con, Chasse needs to have his mind made up by the day after the finish of the regular season. I absolutely do not like it when ADs fire coaches before the season ends in case the coach might have a good tournament and the AD would look bad firing a coach who made the Dance. If he deserved to be fired after the regular season is ended, then he still deserves to be fired after the post-season, and the AD needs to have the backbone to execute the right decision regardless.
02-13-2018 05:24 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-13-2018 04:57 PM)mjs Wrote:  Coach Foley, who usually tends to downplay things, really sounded like he believes he will have his most talented team next season with what he has returning (all except Keys) and his recruiting class.

Wes also sounded very excited about what he will have next year- his 2 best players did not play this season, all the freshman will be back, and he has signed some good recruits. I believe he will be back to coach them, but have absolutely no inside info on this. Obviously some on here believe he won't be back. I guess we'll see. But, this time I won't jump to conclusions if nothing happens, during the first week of the postseason, like I did last time. Chasse will make a decision on his own schedule.

Never seen a coach who didn't think his recruiting class was the berries. Never heard one say, "our recruiting class was very sh**ty this year." As for myself, I believe Flannigan will be back next year, but sure as hell hope not.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018 06:02 PM by LRTrojan.)
02-13-2018 06:00 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2018 06:00 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(02-13-2018 04:57 PM)mjs Wrote:  Coach Foley, who usually tends to downplay things, really sounded like he believes he will have his most talented team next season with what he has returning (all except Keys) and his recruiting class.

Never seen a coach who didn't think his recruiting class was the berries. Never heard one say, "our recruiting class was very sh**ty this year." As for myself, I believe Flannigan will be back next year, but sure as hell hope not.

We do agree on that. I just don't see firing a coach after 2 seasons. Never used to happen. A coach was always given 3 or 4 years. Now it does happen occasionally. Just don't see it happening here.
02-13-2018 08:06 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

Even if we end up with 5 wins?
02-13-2018 08:32 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2018 08:32 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Even if we end up with 5 wins?

That's a good question. For a while I was sure this team was getting better. I thought we would get some more wins before all was said and done. Now I no longer believe that is a sure thing. I would say he is surely back if we get a couple of wins. If we actually finish 5-27, I have no clue what will happen, but it wouldn't shock me if a change were made. I'd would still lean toward Wes being back, but it gets me a lot closer to 50-50.

Obviously, us yokels on this board mean absolutely nothing. I honestly don't know if we actually have some big money boosters who have Chasse's ear. I'd say there is no one out there who could push him into a decision he doesn't want to make. Money folks could not get him to chose Walker or Kleine- and I believe there was some pretty big money behind one or both of those guys.
02-13-2018 09:32 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

RealtimeRPI still projects us to win a couple more games. If we do, that might tip the scales toward Wes. But, even if that happens, I would assume that next year would have to be a drastic improvement to save him.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018 11:06 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
02-14-2018 09:54 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-14-2018 09:54 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  RealtimeRPI still projects us to win a couple more games. If we do, that might tip the scales toward Wes. But, even if that happens, I would assume that next year would have to be a drastic improvement to save him.

Heck, ten wins would be a drastic improvement over this year.
02-14-2018 02:38 PM
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(02-14-2018 02:38 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  ten wins would be a drastic improvement over this year.

Well, I was thinking of something a little more drastic than that. Where I used to worked, if a salesman was underperforming and in danger of losing his job, they would put him on a "program," which meant a tightly supervised schedule with very specific goals, and if he didn't meet them, he was gone. My guess is that is what Wes will be on, but I do not know the specifics, of course.
02-14-2018 02:55 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-14-2018 02:38 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(02-14-2018 09:54 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  RealtimeRPI still projects us to win a couple more games. If we do, that might tip the scales toward Wes. But, even if that happens, I would assume that next year would have to be a drastic improvement to save him.

Heck, ten wins would be a drastic improvement over this year.

Usually doubling your win total would be cause for celebration, a raise, and a contract extension. Doubling 5 wins would likely not be enough. If we could somehow end up this season with 8 wins, doubling that would be a major move in the right direction.
02-14-2018 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.