Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hofstra #2
Bookmark and Share
Tribeheart Offline
All American

I Root For: William & Mary
Hofstra #2
This two game road stretch with Hofstra and Northeastern is a real opportunity for this team to show if they are ready to contend. They've exceeded expectations and have all the ingredients, but it's still to be determined if they can collectively take it up a notch, and show they have the desire and toughness to get it done. 40 minutes at a time. Charleston pulled out the same road sweep last week, and has now dug in with 8 wins in a row. Would love to see them go out and seize their spot in the top two. Make it happen guys.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 10:43 PM by Tribeheart.)
02-10-2018 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

WMtribe17 Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
RE: Hofstra #2
The goal against Hofstra should be to keep the ball out of Wright-Foreman's hands since they don't have reliable scorers after Wright-Foreman. When Wright-Foreman has the ball, try to make him drive with his off hand. Usually when he drives, he is not looking to pass so help D will be key against him. Can't put them at the line either (unless it is Gustys) - Pemberton and Wright-Foreman are good at the FT line.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018 10:41 PM by WMtribe17.)
02-10-2018 10:40 PM
NC Tribe Offline
2nd String

I Root For: W&M, JMU
(02-10-2018 10:40 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  The goal against Hofstra should be to keep the ball out of Wright-Foreman's hands since they don't have reliable scorers after Wright-Foreman. When Wright-Foreman has the ball, try to make him drive with his off hand. Usually when he drives, he is not looking to pass so help D will be key against him. Can't put them at the line either (unless it is Gustys) - Pemberton and Wright-Foreman are good at the FT line.

Put Justin Pierce on him to start the game.
02-11-2018 10:37 AM
82hawk Offline
All American

I Root For: UN CW
Hofstra loves to play zone. you guys should be able to eat them up at the FT line, on back cuts and from 3. I really think they are a worn out team at this point and you'll take them down pretty easily.
02-11-2018 10:42 AM

billymac Offline
1st String

Won't matter. Every stinking game against Hofstra (or most of them, anyway...), up on the Island, comes down to the final shot...for better or worse.

In the past seven meetings in Hempstead, 4 of them have come down to final possessions, with 2 going to OT, including last year's 95-93 OT win, thankfully, for the good guys.

I expect the very same thing this time, as well.
02-11-2018 11:42 AM
Tribe2011 Offline
Bench Warmer

Huge game. Even if we get blown out at NE on Saturday, win Thursday and we should mostly lock up third place and likely avoid Towson in the tourney.

Getting Elon in the quarters would be huge.
02-11-2018 12:36 PM
Sitting bull Offline
Special Teams

If we went on a run and closed the season with 4 more wins, a 13-5 CAA mark, would we be regular season champs?

Just wondering if that was still possible.
02-11-2018 06:16 PM

WM Beancounter Offline
Special Teams

By my calculations, winning the last 4 games guarantees wm at least the 2 seed, and the 1 seed is only possible with help
02-11-2018 06:19 PM
Tribester Offline
Special Teams

I think the CAA is Charleston’s to lose at this point. Their last four games besides us are JMU/Wilmington/Elon. Anything is possible in this league, but they are not playing Northeastern/Hofstra/Towson. Beating Hofstra puts us two ahead of them with only three remaining (and we would have the tiebreak by sweeping the head to head). Same with Elon. Towson would also be at least two behind us with only three to go as well (except they have the tiebreak on us). Not sure about three way ties though. Agree that winning Thursday almost certainly clinches a top three seed (though Towson will probably slip to the sixth seed in that scenario just because Tribe)
02-11-2018 07:07 PM
Tribester Offline
Special Teams

Charleston gets to play a JMU team on short rest as well (although they might catch the mumps by tourney time) 03-wink
02-11-2018 07:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.