Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply 
How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
Author Message
Bookmark and Share
Gilesfan Offline
Heisman
*

Posts: 9,050
Joined: May 2012
Reputation: 44
I Root For: ODU
Location:
Post: #31
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
Similar to last year for ODU, will depend on QB. At least this year, they have some promise at the position and a returning starter. I would say the reasonable range of expectations are 5-8 wins. Liberty, Charlotte, VMI, and Rice really should be wins. If Williams is the real deal, it's a 7-8 win team.
02-09-2018 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
odu09 Online
1st String
*

Posts: 2,412
Joined: Apr 2016
Reputation: 106
I Root For: Old Dominion
Location: Norfolk
Post: #32
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
(02-09-2018 04:10 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 03:38 PM)odufansam Wrote:  ODU goes 5-7. They beat Charlotte, Liberty, ECU, Rice, and VMI. They play FIU, MT and WKU closely. Marshall, FAU and VT all win in convincing fashion.

Agree with you across the board except that I think they beat FIU or WKU (or maybe Middle Tenneshahahahahahahahahahaha I tried to make it, I really did). Also what of the North Texas game? I suspect that's the critical game for bowl eligibility.

Somewhat surprised so many ODU fans are so down on the team next season. Most of the starters are back and a full offseason of Steven Williams as the undisputed starting QB should make them better. I'm pretty cynical about things but I don't know where these 3-9 predictions are coming from.
Because every team (except WKU I guess) has improved across the board. Our schedule is harder this year. I wouldn't be too shocked if we drop the ball against Liberty - they are going to be fired up. Does ECU really have another historically terrible season?
02-09-2018 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 12,272
Joined: Nov 2003
Reputation: 651
I Root For: Beer
Location: Margaritaville
Post: #33
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
Somewhere between 0-12 and 13-0.
02-09-2018 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCMiner Offline
Special Teams
*

Posts: 998
Joined: Apr 2015
Reputation: 48
I Root For: UTEP
Location: Austin TX
Post: #34
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
4-8
02-09-2018 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
va-eagle Offline
Special Teams
*

Posts: 789
Joined: Sep 2016
Reputation: 22
I Root For: Southern Miss
Location: Roanoke
Post: #35
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
(02-09-2018 03:46 PM)usm99 Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 12:43 PM)va-eagle Wrote:  W - Jackson St
W - ULM
L - App St
W - Rice
L - Auburn
LorW - UNT
LorW - UTSA
W - UNCC
L - Marshall
W - UAB
W - LaTech (who the hell would bet against Southern Miss in this game???)

W - UTEP

Splitting the tossups: 8 - 4

So you say "who the hell would bet against Southern Miss in this game" but then you pick us to beat UAB?? 01-wingedeagle 05-stirthepot

The way things have gone recently in these 2 series is we couldn't beat UAB even if we had Favre at QB while it feels like we could beat La Tech even if they had Terry Bradshaw playing QB

I see your point.
02-09-2018 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seminowl Offline
Bench Warmer
*

Posts: 138
Joined: Oct 2017
Reputation: 4
I Root For: FSU & FAU
Location: Charlotte
Post: #36
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
(02-09-2018 09:54 AM)AustinFromUNT Wrote:  Bill Connelly released the annual S&P+ this morning so I started thinking about the upcoming season. I see UNT going 11-1 with our only loss being @ Arkansas. I think our offense will be even more productive because we aren’t losing much on that side. I think with another year under their belts the defense will improve (very hard not to improve when allowing so many points.) Our toughest games will be Vs FAU, @ UTSA, & Vs LA Tech. I think we’ll split the conference championship and our bowl game.

How do you think your school will do this season?

Don’t you think a win at FAU is going to be pretty difficult? I mean we beat you pretty soundly last year, twice. Now we have some pretty good transfers.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 06:59 PM by Seminowl.)
02-09-2018 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB
*

Posts: 11,328
Joined: Dec 2006
Reputation: 88
I Root For: UAB
Location:
Post: #37
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
8-4
02-09-2018 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seminowl Offline
Bench Warmer
*

Posts: 138
Joined: Oct 2017
Reputation: 4
I Root For: FSU & FAU
Location: Charlotte
Post: #38
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
L(65%) - @Oklahoma - (We played a tough game at Wisconsin last year, I think we can improve and maybe even take one off of P5 Oklahoma)
W(75%) - Air Force
W(95%) - Bethune Cookman
W/L(50%) - @UFC - undefeated last year, but lost almost thier entire coaching staff to Nesbraska. It’s a toss up because of thier stud QB.
W(70%) - @MTSU - The return of Stockstill and home field may help the middlers, but I’m taking the defending champs 7/10 times.
W(90%) ODU - They talked about how bad they were going to beat us, and then made excuses when they lost. Has their high horse somehow become a Donkey?
W(80%) @MRSH - Marshall fans seem down on their coaching staff, home field advantage might help but they still lose to the Owls.
W(75%) LTech - How many points does 100 years of football tradition give you? None.
W(100%) @FIU Kittens - I expect thier defense to be towards the top of the CUSA, but we own the Shula Bowl. No chance for FIU, the trophy is staying in Boca.
W(100%) WKU - 100% chance to beat the Hilltoppers. Only because the fans are so down on their coaches, they would say the same.
W(85%) UNT - Good coach, good QB, no defense. Do things change, or does FAU run all over the (not so)mean green defense?
W(90%) Charlotte - Now that Judy’s gone Charlottes’s chances of winning have increased 10%!

I’m going to be optimistic and say we beat the golden boys from up north (UCF), 11-1 Go Owls!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 07:52 PM by Seminowl.)
02-09-2018 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 15,425
Joined: Nov 2003
Reputation: 117
I Root For: The Herd
Location: South Charleston

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Post: #39
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
(02-09-2018 09:54 AM)AustinFromUNT Wrote:  Bill Connelly released the annual S&P+ this morning so I started thinking about the upcoming season. I see UNT going 11-1 with our only loss being @ Arkansas. I think our offense will be even more productive because we aren’t losing much on that side. I think with another year under their belts the defense will improve (very hard not to improve when allowing so many points.) Our toughest games will be Vs FAU, @ UTSA, & Vs LA Tech. I think we’ll split the conference championship and our bowl game.

How do you think your school will do this season?

Aren't you the same fool that said UNT would go undefeated in conference last year and then promptly got your ass handed to you by 38 points to FAU 69-31.

(02-09-2018 07:43 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  W(80%) @MRSH - Marshall fans seem down on their coaching staff, home field advantage might help but they still lose to the Owls.

Most Marshall fans aren't as delusional as the vocal Message Board Warriors or Aim Chair ADs out here that scream every time something doesn't go their way.

If they had their way they would bring back 74 year old Bob Pruett, who walked out on Marshall once in 1998 and should have been fired on the spot when he tried to sneak into Charleston and get his wife Elsie outta town.

They would have also ousted Ajdin Penava from the Marshall basketball team. I don't know how many time I heard "D'Antoni should release Penava" over the last year.
02-09-2018 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12thmonarch Offline
All American
*

Posts: 2,785
Joined: Apr 2013
Reputation: 34
I Root For: ODU
Location: Sandy Springs
Post: #40
RE: How Do You See Your Football Team Finishing In 2018
(02-09-2018 07:43 PM)Seminowl Wrote:  L(65%) - @Oklahoma - (We played a tough game at Wisconsin last year, I think we can improve and maybe even take one off of P5 Oklahoma)
W(75%) - Air Force
W(95%) - Bethune Cookman
W/L(50%) - @UFC - undefeated last year, but lost almost thier entire coaching staff to Nesbraska. It’s a toss up because of thier stud QB.
W(70%) - @MTSU - The return of Stockstill and home field may help the middlers, but I’m taking the defending champs 7/10 times.
W(90%) ODU - They talked about how bad they were going to beat us, and then made excuses when they lost. Has their high horse somehow become a Donkey?
W(80%) @MRSH - Marshall fans seem down on their coaching staff, home field advantage might help but they still lose to the Owls.
W(75%) LTech - How many points does 100 years of football tradition give you? None.
W(100%) @FIU Kittens - I expect thier defense to be towards the top of the CUSA, but we own the Shula Bowl. No chance for FIU, the trophy is staying in Boca.
W(100%) WKU - 100% chance to beat the Hilltoppers. Only because the fans are so down on their coaches, they would say the same.
W(85%) UNT - Good coach, good QB, no defense. Do things change, or does FAU run all over the (not so)mean green defense?
W(90%) Charlotte - Now that Judy’s gone Charlottes’s chances of winning have increased 10%!

I’m going to be optimistic and say we beat the golden boys from up north (UCF), 11-1 Go Owls!

Careful with your mouth honey, it is a wonderful thing but can turn sour real quick. Yes we lost this season and will most likely next season but the magical thing about FB is the tables turn real quick unless a team is perennially crap and even those have fluke seasons once in a while. I can list you ten different reasons why we lost which will definitely come across as excuses and you need to be Monarch to see them otherwise so. Anyways Good Luck this season except when playing us because you don't need luck to win playing ODU this season.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 10:07 PM by 12thmonarch.)
02-09-2018 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2018 MyBB Group.