Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Graphic Viewers Guide to the MAC MBB Tourney
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Graphic Viewers Guide to the MAC MBB Tourney
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 04:51 PM by emu steve.)
02-08-2018 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
RE: Graphic Viewers Guide to the MAC MBB Tourney
Arrgh. That loss to NIU is still the most puzzling thing about this season.
02-09-2018 11:02 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(02-09-2018 11:02 AM)Block_E Wrote:  Arrgh. That loss to NIU is still the most puzzling thing about this season.

Yeah a couple puzzling losses, but the 'Sunshine Steve' view is that we are 3 - 1 in our last 4 games and playing some really good defense. Last four games opponents scored: 48, 71, 41 and 67. That's giddy good defense.

Like 57 points per game which is OUTSTANDING.

My cup of coffee is more than 1/2 full even though we are 5 - 6 in conference.

Sometimes I think sports are a little like 'Rorschach Tests' one sees what they see and no two people see the same thing.

A win tomorrow over BG and a win vs. Miami would put us in the thick of the battle for a bye. We'd be ahead of BG in the standings (split on the series), and have the Miami series (2 - 0).

As others have indicated we could be 10 - 8 and not be the team no one wants to face along with UB and TOL.

With the 'right' seed we wouldn't face either UB or TOL until the semis as at that point you got to beat the big dogs. Tourney goes thru TOL and UB.

Rule of thumb: Try to stay off the 7, 8, 9 or 10 seed line because they'd get the #1 or #2 seeds in the quarter finals. #3, 4, 5, and 6 are good seeds with #3 and 4 obviously getting the bye to boot.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 11:34 AM by emu steve.)
02-09-2018 11:22 AM
Block_E Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern
It's like the old Eagle Totem maxim: You need a bye to win the MAC Tournament.
02-09-2018 04:30 PM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(02-09-2018 04:30 PM)Block_E Wrote:  It's like the old Eagle Totem maxim: You need a bye to win the MAC Tournament.

Although that's less true with the new format. Teams only receive one bye (rather than potentially two byes), and the games are more spread out throughout the week than before.

Kent State was a 6 seed last year and won the tourney. But still, a bye can reallllly help.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:42 PM by FrankAnderson.)
02-09-2018 04:41 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(02-09-2018 04:30 PM)Block_E Wrote:  It's like the old Eagle Totem maxim: You need a bye to win the MAC Tournament.

True, although the system (brackets) are more fair than before where the top two got byes to the semis, which seemed crazy to me.

Under the old system, a non-bye team needed to win 5 games to win the tourney; now it is four games: Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday..

And now the top 4 teams need to win 3 games in 3 days, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And the winner of the tourney won't be cooked like a goose as in some tourneys they need to play as many as 5 games to win it all.

Should be a great tourney, just avoid UB and TOL in the quarter finals...
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 04:45 PM by emu steve.)
02-09-2018 04:44 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

Both MIA and KENT lost tonight to fall to 6 - 6.

IF we win tomorrow at BG, we'll be 6 - 6 and hold tie breakers over both MIA (1 - 0, one game pending) and Kent (1 - 0, series complete).
02-09-2018 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.