Countdown To Kickoff:
Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Door to Door
Bookmark and Share
Memphis Blazer Online
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Door to Door
Coach Ehsan tweeted

Door to door tonight to every student on campus! Bartow Arena tomorrow @ 7:00 we need 1000 students.

Apparently Coach has knocked on every dorm room on campus and personally invited students to come to the game tomorrow night. Hope it works. Great that he is willing to do this. Ridiculous that he has to.
02-08-2018 12:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Dracorex Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: Door to Door
At least he didn't have to work at subway for a day like ODU's
02-08-2018 01:40 AM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
Students... you get in free. .your team and fellow classmates need you.
Good for you coach but like MB said, sad you had to do this.
02-08-2018 03:24 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Great he is doing it. Sad he has to do it.
02-08-2018 06:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(02-08-2018 06:29 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Great he is doing it. Sad he has to do it.

I used to feel that way, that my job was to do brilliant, creative stuff and if the world didn't notice then that was the world's loss. When I first heard the phrase "build (your) brand," from Paul Finebaum, I laughed. That was perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever done not involving a woman.

It's part of the package: the world doesn't care all on it's own. You have to tell it to care. This is not a sad thing; it's good to see Ehsan realizing that now, not 20 years later.
02-08-2018 08:10 AM
UABslant Offline

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UAB is in no position to think it can just play a game and people will automatically show up. Getting a story in the B'ham News and local newscasts and a few well-placed tv and newspaper ads used to be all that was needed to get 4k-5k+ to a game.

Get into the top-25 and it's a different story.
02-08-2018 09:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: C-USA/UAB
BlazerTalk Award
UAB is a football school now. Any basketball coach we hire is going to have a tough time getting folks (students or general fans) to games if they aren't putting out a consistently great product.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 10:10 AM by demiveeman.)
02-08-2018 10:09 AM

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
It's deeper than all that but that is for another thread.

I'll just salute him for doing it.
02-08-2018 10:14 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

(02-08-2018 10:09 AM)demiveeman Wrote:  UAB is a football school now. Any basketball coach we hire is going to have a tough time getting folks (students or general fans) to games if they aren't putting out a consistently great product.

I agree, and it really will be in a couple of more years, especially if Clark keeps landing local kids, and stadium is actually built. HS Football is a big deal in Birmingham & surrounding area.
02-08-2018 11:10 AM
Memphis Blazer Online
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(02-08-2018 10:09 AM)demiveeman Wrote:  UAB is a football school now. Any basketball coach we hire is going to have a tough time getting folks (students or general fans) to games if they aren't putting out a consistently great product.

That's BS. If the students would come to the games, it could be both. Dismissing one sport in favor another is a recipe for failure of both sports. It should be neither a football school or a basketball school. It should be a school where the fans and students support it no matter the season.
02-08-2018 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.