Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

I would not be surprised to see Tiger upset tonight
Bookmark and Share
Shooters Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I would not be surprised to see Tiger upset tonight
While it’s almost a 100% consensus here that the Tigers will get blown out, I think there is a pretty good chance of an upset. The criticism the team received has to have them very ticked off -if they care at all, a home game and February blues for the front runners (a bettor’s thing I figured out over the years) might be enough to get the Tigers over the hump. Just a hunch that I usually hit around 75-80% of the time. I think this one might be 60-70%.

Could I get some rep points if I’m right? I may be the most ignored poster in the history of this forum.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 05:24 PM by Shooters.)
02-06-2018 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

innman Offline
1st String

RE: I would not be surprised to see Tiger upset tonight
If you look at the game thread you will note several fans give the Tigers a good chance to win. You are not alone. Oh, if you look for rep points they never happen and give it some time it is not like you have been here for years.
02-06-2018 05:32 PM
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
[Image: bip-4-3-jasmine-alex-thirsty.gif?w=500&h=281]
02-06-2018 05:37 PM
WColt45 Offline
Tigris Fanaticus

I Root For: West TN Normal
asking for rep points gets you a zero rating around this joint.

Who's the all time leader for negative rep points anyway?
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 05:38 PM by WColt45.)
02-06-2018 05:38 PM
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
No way Memphis wins unless the bus leaves all of Wichita States players at the Hotel
02-06-2018 05:50 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(02-06-2018 05:22 PM)Shooters Wrote:  While it’s almost a 100% consensus here that the Tigers will get blown out, I think there is a pretty good chance of an upset. The criticism the team received has to have them very ticked off -if they care at all, a home game and February blues for the front runners (a bettor’s thing I figured out over the years) might be enough to get the Tigers over the hump. Just a hunch that I usually hit around 75-80% of the time. I think this one might be 60-70%.

Could I get some rep points if I’m right? I may be the most ignored poster in the history of this forum.

You squandered the rep points I gave you. Sorry.
02-06-2018 05:51 PM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-06-2018 05:38 PM)WColt45 Wrote:  asking for rep points gets you a zero rating around this joint.

Who's the all time leader for negative rep points anyway?

For giving them or receiving them?
02-06-2018 05:52 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
(02-06-2018 05:22 PM)Shooters Wrote:  While it’s almost a 100% consensus here that the Tigers will get blown out, I think there is a pretty good chance of an upset. The criticism the team received has to have them very ticked off -if they care at all, a home game and February blues for the front runners (a bettor’s thing I figured out over the years) might be enough to get the Tigers over the hump. Just a hunch that I usually hit around 75-80% of the time. I think this one might be 60-70%.

You might wanna try posting memes.

Last night, shooters said, "I’m not a big fan of these [memes]; obviously the posters that put them out there think they have some value-beyond me. "

http://csnbbs.com/thread-838603-post-150...id15051717
And stop using semicolons!
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 06:02 PM by snowtiger.)
02-06-2018 06:02 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
We are at home and the kids are embarrassed from the weekend. I could easily see a win or close loss. I can also see the beginning of the unraveling depending on what they think of the coach's comments after the game.
02-06-2018 06:07 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I'm having trouble imagining enough Tiger talent to beat Shockers.
Shockers are coming in prepared after losing two of their last three.

Fighting mad might not make much difference. But it would be a glorious victory.
02-06-2018 06:12 PM
bariggins98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tigers

Our perimeter defense is atrocious. What part of not being able to handle the WORST 3 point shooting team in the country makes one believe that the same sorry bunch can guard the best 3 point shooting team in the AAC?
02-06-2018 06:26 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

Wait . I have an idea . Get someone from the fotochop board to make you a sign :

Will Work For Rep Points
02-06-2018 06:40 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I don’t see Wichita State losing two in a row.

As for your rep points....I’ll give you some.
02-06-2018 06:44 PM
Shooters Offline
1st String

Actually the rep points was a subtle joke (and slap at the cliques that result in some posters sitting with well north of 500 pts and some really insightful and informative posters have 20 after a couple of years); some caught it. I don’t need points to be validated or to have them in order to justify expressing strong opinions as those who have read my posts know by now. I think some posters are. That out of the way:

I may have egg on my face at the end of the night (WSU is in a fight for their seeding life) but it will definitely be interesting how this team reacts to all the controversy. We will know in the first 10 minutes, maybe first 5

And thanks for the points. I appreciate it.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 06:56 PM by Shooters.)
02-06-2018 06:55 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(02-06-2018 06:55 PM)Shooters Wrote:  and slap at the cliques that result in some posters sitting with well north of 500 pts and some really insightful and informative posters have 20 after a couple of years

If you have only been here for a month how do you know this?
02-06-2018 07:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-06-2018 07:12 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(02-06-2018 06:55 PM)Shooters Wrote:  and slap at the cliques that result in some posters sitting with well north of 500 pts and some really insightful and informative posters have 20 after a couple of years

If you have only been here for a month how do you know this?

The thing about posting on the internet is you have time to think of a good answer.
02-06-2018 07:15 PM
Advertisement

HiTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UoM
There ya go friendo threw the dog a bone. Hope you are right.
02-06-2018 07:16 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I will be very surprised if the Tigers win this game.
02-06-2018 07:23 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Having 11 rep points after 160 posts is ... probably better than average. You could be doing a LOT worse than that.

Suck it up and make more and better posts, you big Mary.
02-06-2018 07:23 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(02-06-2018 06:55 PM)Shooters Wrote:  Actually the rep points was a subtle joke (and slap at the cliques that result in some posters sitting with well north of 500 pts and some really insightful and informative posters have 20 after a couple of years); some caught it. I don’t need points to be validated or to have them in order to justify expressing strong opinions as those who have read my posts know by now. I think some posters are. That out of the way:

I may have egg on my face at the end of the night (WSU is in a fight for their seeding life) but it will definitely be interesting how this team reacts to all the controversy. We will know in the first 10 minutes, maybe first 5

And thanks for the points. I appreciate it.

You sure sound like you care. Who is insightful with only 20?

As for knowing in 5 or ten mins, Nah....we won’t know that soon.

Sometimes it takes us awhile to get liftoff.
02-06-2018 07:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.