Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Super Bowl Ratings Were the Lowest in Eight Years
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Super Bowl Ratings Were the Lowest in Eight Years
Gee, I wonder why?

Quote:A high-scoring Super Bowl that came down to a last-second Hail Mary pass failed to reverse the National Football League’s slumping TV audience, with an early tally showing the lowest viewership in eight years.

The Sunday night championship, in which the Philadelphia Eagles toppled the New England Patriots 41-33, attracted an overnight rating of 47.4 on NBC, according to preliminary data from the network, down about 3 percent from last year. More complete viewer totals will be released later Monday.

The initial tally marked the lowest overnight rating since 2010, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Last year’s game, in which the Patriots stormed from behind to topple the Atlanta Falcons in overtime, attracted an audience of 111.3 million, also down from the year before. The record for the most-watched Super Bowl was in 2015, when 114.4 million tuned in.

This year’s game was close throughout, with Eagles quarterback Nick Foles leading his team to its first Super Bowl victory and Patriots quarterback Tom Brady heaving a last-second pass that fell incomplete. A ratings point equals 1 percent of U.S. TV households, which total more than 116 million.

The Super Bowl draws TV’s biggest live audience of the year, and advertisers paid more than $5 million for 30 second commercials.

http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/super-bowl-2018-ratings/
02-05-2018 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
RE: Super Bowl Ratings Were the Lowest in Eight Years
Because both teams are generally hated...
02-05-2018 08:26 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
[Image: 5a77a0441600002000139ba6.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]

President Trump hosted a Super Bowl party for the second straight year at his golf club in Florida. The Florida Atlantic band and cheerleaders were there - the FAU band played such songs as Hail To The Chief, and Shut Up And Dance. It looks like Melania was rooting for the Patriots. Trump might have been rooting for the cheerleaders.
02-05-2018 08:36 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Bar I was at was full. Fun times were had.
02-05-2018 08:46 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Grilled porkchops, bacon wrapped corn on the cob, & stuffed portabello mushrooms followed by a fire in the firepit, a couple bourbon & gingers and bluegrass on Spotify for us. Happy to say no NFL football in my house this entire season and last night was no exception.
02-05-2018 08:53 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-05-2018 08:46 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Bar I was at was full. Fun times were had.

another in a long list of #muhratings and no way to accurately measure....

it's simply a number the advertiser is willing to 'bite on'....

think about it.....the networks talked more about the commercials today vs. the game.....and I wonder who feeds their arse.......

lmao....

I will say this.....I didn't watch it....but ol' boy from minne-mi-noso knew how to saturate the ad market with #muhpillow beforehand (assuming he didn't buy one during the game)

I have to admit, that guy cracks me hell up....
02-05-2018 08:53 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Commercials are always as talked about as the game every year. Of course only in LA would the whole bar start singing along to the Dirty Dancing song.
02-05-2018 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.