Durbin Admits Dems Should Have Disclosed They Paid For Anti-Trump Dossier

02-05-2018 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Durbin Admits Dems Should Have Disclosed They Paid For Anti-Trump Dossier
in before Mach calls bs on your source......
02-05-2018 06:40 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Now that you mention it, is he actually the FIRST to actually admit that they paid for it?
02-05-2018 06:44 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
And so did REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!!!

You guys look like fools when you don’t disclose that too because it goes against your ever shrinking narrative.
02-05-2018 06:48 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(02-05-2018 06:48 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  And so did REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!!!

You guys look like fools when you don’t disclose that too because it goes against your ever shrinking narrative.

only a clueless cuck would keep repeating the lie that republicans paid for the dossier.
02-05-2018 06:52 PM
Machiavelli Offline

You guys would be shredded to pieces if you ever crawled out of this safe place. Hop on a political reddit sometime
02-05-2018 06:52 PM
Advertisement

SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
(02-05-2018 06:52 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You guys would be shredded to pieces if you ever crawled out of this safe place. Hop on a political reddit sometime

No one better to expose a fool than the fool himself. You go Mach!
02-05-2018 06:57 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
They did.
02-05-2018 06:57 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
They admitted it after Nunes sued and beat back Shifty to prove it. Although they did it only because at that point they had to. The RNC never had anything to do with FGPS and especially C Steele.
02-05-2018 07:01 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Link?
02-05-2018 07:03 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(02-05-2018 07:03 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Link?

From the bastion of right wing reporting that is Vox

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/5/16845704/st...ssia-trump

Quote:Later, in April 2016, Marc Elias — a top Democratic campaign lawyer — retained Fusion GPS through his firm of Perkins Coie on behalf of both Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Perkins Coie, at Elias’s behest and with the bills ultimately paid by Clinton and the DNC, continued to fund Fusion’s work through the end of October 2016, though the people involved say that neither the campaign nor the DNC was aware of the details of Fusion’s work.

Fusion, in turn, subcontracted with Christopher Steele, a retired MI-6 officer with considerable expertise on Russian matters, to use his contacts in Moscow to find what he could about Trump’s connections to the Russian government. That work led to the compilation of Steele’s dossier, written up in the style of an intelligence report and based on unnamed sources, that contained a variety of serious charges against Trump.

Or the ultra-conservative mouthpiece that is the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact...34ef882cc4

Quote: But in April 2016, Fusion was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to keep funding the research. (Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained the firm.)

In early June, Fusion hired Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, to examine Trump’s ties in Russia. The dossier is actually several memos, based on conversations with Russian sources, that were written between June and October of 2016.

Pretty damned hard for the RNC to fund the Steele dossier when he was hired after the DNC and Clinton campaign started footing the bill.
02-05-2018 07:19 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-05-2018 06:57 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  They did.

They did what? Pay for the Steele dossier? There you're wrong.

If you're claiming they paid to research dirt on an opponent of the same party, you'd be correct. You'd also be correct noting that water is wet.

And when I say "they", I'm talking about pubs supporting other pubs, not the RNC. There have been no claims that the RNC had anything to do with Fusion as far as I know.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 07:26 PM by TechRocks.)
02-05-2018 07:23 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama

Товарищ Макиавелли, Республиканская партия никогда не применяла проводки, санкционированные правительством США, на основе половины правды и лжи, оплачиваемых оппозиционной партией.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 07:33 PM by HCJag.)
02-05-2018 07:29 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Wait...he just said this was all made up bs 2 weeks ago.
02-05-2018 07:47 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-05-2018 07:19 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 07:03 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Link?

From the bastion of right wing reporting that is Vox

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/5/16845704/st...ssia-trump

Quote:Later, in April 2016, Marc Elias — a top Democratic campaign lawyer — retained Fusion GPS through his firm of Perkins Coie on behalf of both Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Perkins Coie, at Elias’s behest and with the bills ultimately paid by Clinton and the DNC, continued to fund Fusion’s work through the end of October 2016, though the people involved say that neither the campaign nor the DNC was aware of the details of Fusion’s work.

Fusion, in turn, subcontracted with Christopher Steele, a retired MI-6 officer with considerable expertise on Russian matters, to use his contacts in Moscow to find what he could about Trump’s connections to the Russian government. That work led to the compilation of Steele’s dossier, written up in the style of an intelligence report and based on unnamed sources, that contained a variety of serious charges against Trump.

Or the ultra-conservative mouthpiece that is the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact...34ef882cc4

Quote: But in April 2016, Fusion was hired by the Hillary Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee to keep funding the research. (Marc E. Elias, a lawyer representing the Clinton campaign and the DNC, retained the firm.)

In early June, Fusion hired Steele, a former British intelligence officer with ties to the FBI and the U.S. intelligence community, to examine Trump’s ties in Russia. The dossier is actually several memos, based on conversations with Russian sources, that were written between June and October of 2016.

Pretty damned hard for the RNC to fund the Steele dossier when he was hired after the DNC and Clinton campaign started footing the bill.

So what Vox and the Post say is that the Clinton campaign conspired with a foreigner to pay the Russians to give them dirt on Donald Trump to influence the election.
02-05-2018 07:48 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Help me, please. I’m trying to understand why this is significant. Could you please explain?
02-05-2018 07:49 PM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Mach, the narrative started as "Trump colluded with Russians to rig the election".

Over a year later we're now at "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI and the DOJ."

Step two rapidly approaching will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, and the State Department.

Step three will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, the State Department, and the White House.

Step four will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, the State Department, the White House, and Barack Obama.

I think you can see where this is headed, and it's anything BUT a shrinking narrative.
02-05-2018 07:56 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Washington Free Beacon contracted Fusion GPS to get dirt on all the candidates, when it was clear that Trump was the candidate they stopped paying. FGPS then shopped it around when Perkins Coie hollered at them hands and said, hey big man lemme get some dirt on DJT. FGPS said dude I gotcha covered. We already started it. Then PC started paying them GPS hands thanks to the DNC. GPS hollered at some hand called Chrs Steele and he said, hey I got you fam.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-...h-dossier/

So I ad libbed a little but that's the jist.
02-05-2018 07:57 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-05-2018 07:56 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

Mach, the narrative started as "Trump colluded with Russians to rig the election".

Over a year later we're now at "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI and the DOJ."

Step two rapidly approaching will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, and the State Department.

Step three will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, the State Department, and the White House.

Step four will be "The Hillary Campaign colluded with a foreign agent to rig the election along with help from the FBI, the DOJ, the State Department, the White House, and Barack Obama.

I think you can see where this is headed, and it's anything BUT a shrinking narrative.

Don't forget the Russians. Hillary's campaign was actually paying Russians, albeit through an intermediary-Fusion GPS. We know from Vox and the Post that Hillary's campaign colluded with the Russians to impact the election. That's the only Russian collusion we know about that actually happened.
02-05-2018 08:06 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Wow. You must ussualy post places where people are clueless and accept anything. You are posting misleading information (again). The RNC did not pay one dime toward the dossier (not even a penny). The DNC DID PAY FOR THE DOSSIER and have ADMITTED IT. Nothing really more need be added.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 08:22 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-05-2018 08:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.