Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Russia probe lawyers think Mueller could indict Trump
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Russia probe lawyers think Mueller could indict Trump
As libs flail around trying to minimize the damage and resulting pain of today's memo, I thought I'd throw them a feel-good story for the day.

Quote:Special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation has gathered enough steam that some lawyers representing key Donald Trump associates are considering the possibility of a historic first: an indictment against a sitting president.

While many legal experts contend that Mueller lacks the standing to bring criminal charges against Trump, at least two attorneys working with clients swept up in the Russia probe told POLITICO they consider it possible that Mueller could indict the president for obstruction of justice.

Neither attorney claimed to have specific knowledge of Mueller’s plans. Both based their opinions on their understanding of the law; one also cited his interactions with the special counsel’s team, whose interviews have recently examined whether Trump tried to derail the probe into his campaign’s Russia ties.

“If I were a betting man, I’d bet against the president,” said one of the lawyers.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/0...obe-384969
02-02-2018 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Russia probe lawyers think Mueller could indict Trump
What damage? There are reports of the White House itself worrying that the memo will be a dud. 03-lol

But trust me...I'm not getting ahead of my skis here at all. I'll believe an indictment when I see it. Honestly, I hope it doesn't come to that, for the good of the country. This could get really ugly...especially with the news today that Mattis is looking at wagging the dog in Syria.
02-02-2018 10:52 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
If I were a betting man..I bet against this happening.
02-02-2018 10:54 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(02-02-2018 10:47 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  As libs flail around trying to minimize the damage and resulting pain of today's memo, I thought I'd throw them a feel-good story for the day.

Quote:Special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation has gathered enough steam that some lawyers representing key Donald Trump associates are considering the possibility of a historic first: an indictment against a sitting president.

While many legal experts contend that Mueller lacks the standing to bring criminal charges against Trump, at least two attorneys working with clients swept up in the Russia probe told POLITICO they consider it possible that Mueller could indict the president for obstruction of justice.

Neither attorney claimed to have specific knowledge of Mueller’s plans. Both based their opinions on their understanding of the law; one also cited his interactions with the special counsel’s team, whose interviews have recently examined whether Trump tried to derail the probe into his campaign’s Russia ties.

“If I were a betting man, I’d bet against the president,” said one of the lawyers.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/0...obe-384969

and this is the reason for the partisan attempts to discredit Robert Mueller.
02-02-2018 11:04 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2018 10:52 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  What damage? There are reports of the White House itself worrying that the memo will be a dud. 03-lol

But trust me...I'm not getting ahead of my skis here at all. I'll believe an indictment when I see it. Honestly, I hope it doesn't come to that, for the good of the country. This could get really ugly...especially with the news today that Mattis is looking at wagging the dog in Syria.

The damage that the FBI was so hard-up they had to use a Clinton-funded gossip dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American. That damage.

I can recall when the left was against such tactics, typically when (D) is in the White House. If ® is in the White House, then the ends justify the means.
02-02-2018 11:05 AM
Marc Mensa Offline

(02-02-2018 11:05 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 10:52 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  What damage? There are reports of the White House itself worrying that the memo will be a dud. 03-lol

The damage that the FBI was so hard-up they had to use a Clinton-funded gossip dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American. That damage.

I can recall when the left was against such tactics, typically when (D) is in the White House. If ® is in the White House, then the ends justify the means.

that is a partisan opinion, but it is not fact.
02-02-2018 11:08 AM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2018 11:08 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

And that is a partisan opinion, but it is not fact.
02-02-2018 11:10 AM
Marc Mensa Offline

(02-02-2018 11:10 AM)TechRocks Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 11:08 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

And that is a partisan opinion, but it is not fact.

No its not. We do not know the information the judge used to base his judgement on the issuance of the initial FISA warrant or its subsequent renewal.
02-02-2018 11:13 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I’m loving it and I hope they keep going down the Russia rabbit hole.
02-02-2018 11:16 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The damage that the FBI was so hard-up they had to use a Clinton-funded gossip dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American.

This is a provable LIE!!! Is this against the AUP. Serious question. if you don't know it's a lie let me educate you. The original FISA warrant had nothing to do with the Dossier. Carter Page was on the radar long before the Steele Dossier. Please stop this lie.

I know you like to read articles Tech that tell you how to think. I know you are not used to providing evidence for your claims.

I'm going to try and give you a yellow brick road on how it's done. I claimed that the original FISA warrant had nothing to do with the Dossier. Here is proof. Try this line of discussion sometime.

From the article cited:
After all, if there were 40 pieces of evidence cited, one of which came from Steele, even if Steele’s evidence were somehow inappropriate to include (again, not necessarily a fair assumption) there would still be 39 other reasons that a warrant might be justified.

Three years before Page became an adviser to the Trump campaign, he came to the attention of FBI counterintelligence agents, who learned that Russian spy suspects had sought to use Page as a source for information.

THREE YEARS BEFORE THE DOSSIER. Say that to yourself 10 times

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...8f3de1acba
02-02-2018 11:19 AM
Machiavelli Offline

I need a spin kick gif again.......................

Tech was TKO'd in the 1st round and it wasn't that hard.
02-02-2018 11:22 AM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

Quote:I know you are not used to providing evidence for your claims.

This is a proveable lie! Is this against AUP? LOL. Dipshyte, unless I'm just stating a random opinion, I always link to the assertions I make.
02-02-2018 11:26 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
I will wait patiently for someone to explain—obstruction of what exactly? Best I can tell, there was no collusion. Worse yet, even if what everything Mika and Joe say is true, the Trump campaign would be guilty of obtaining truthful negative information about a US political candidate and passing that information to the American public. That’s not illegal and is done by reporters every day. It was also done by the Democrats and we have actual proof of it (the fake Russian dossier and the money trail). So if Dems are worried about Russian interference—why are they so unwilling to follow that evidence trail?

The only way the Trump campaign is in trouble is if they paid for or conspired with the Russians to hack the Democrat HQ emails—and nobody has ever suggested that.
02-02-2018 11:26 AM
Machiavelli Offline

OK TECH. You have used fake dossier.

Please provide a link where it is fake. I have PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt your lie that the Dossier opened the FISA investigation. You prove the Dossier is fake which YOU have posted.
02-02-2018 11:28 AM
Machiavelli Offline

The only way the Trump campaign is in trouble is if they paid for or conspired with the Russians to hack the Democrat HQ emails—and nobody has ever suggested that.

You can't conspire when to release stolen information. That is conspiracy. Their own words will be their undoing.

Trump penning an untruthful message aboard Air Force One about the Trump Jr. meeting is obstruction.
02-02-2018 11:30 AM
Machiavelli Offline

The damage that the FBI was so hard-up they had to use a Clinton-funded gossip dossier to get a warrant to spy on an American.

PROVABLE LIE!

Please quit this lie. Unless you were just uneducated because people told you how to think.

Might want to email the people you read to update their bullet points Tech.
02-02-2018 11:33 AM
Advertisement

TechRocks Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2018 11:22 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I need a spin kick gif again.......................

Tech was TKO'd in the 1st round and it wasn't that hard.

You obviously have me confused with one of the voices in your head.
02-02-2018 11:34 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
[Image: 23u1wc.jpg]
02-02-2018 11:37 AM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(02-02-2018 11:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  The only way the Trump campaign is in trouble is if they paid for or conspired with the Russians to hack the Democrat HQ emails—and nobody has ever suggested that.

You can't conspire when to release stolen information. That is conspiracy. Their own words will be their undoing.

Trump penning an untruthful message aboard Air Force One about the Trump Jr. meeting is obstruction.

Again. Obstruction of what? The meeting wasn’t about emails. At worst it was about Hillary dirt. Furthermore, this same attorney met with DNC officials just before the Trump campaign meeting and just after the Trump campaign meeting....if this was conspiracy to wreck the Hillary campaign—why was she meeting with the DNC more than the Trump campaign? Your ability to ignore what you don’t want to be true is pretty much unmatched outside of a handful of zealots on MSNBC.
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 11:41 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-02-2018 11:40 AM
Machiavelli Offline

Did anybody tell you how you should respond. Any WSJ article with bullet points??????

bwahhhhaahhaaaaaaaa

Listen. Sometimes I have fun in the morass of life. You are just too easy of a target.

OK let's go a different route. YOU stated that the Dossier opened up a FISA investigation. DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF OF THIS??????? or are you talking out of your south orifice again?
02-02-2018 11:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.