Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Brooks play
Bookmark and Share
jarr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Brooks play
Not sure if it got talked about much, but Brooks had one of the plays of the game. A textbook block shot that was tapped to Jennifer, followed by a sprint to the other end for a dunk. That was the best sequence of play I've seen his two years here. Wonder if there was a replay of that.

02-01-2018 07:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

RuckleSt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
RE: Brooks play
(02-01-2018 07:18 AM)jarr Wrote:  Not sure if it got talked about much, but Brooks had one of the plays of the game. A textbook block shot that was tapped to Jennifer, followed by a sprint to the other end for a dunk. That was the best sequence of play I've seen his two years here. Wonder if there was a replay of that.

He seems to have turned a corner recently. He's playing with a lot of confidence, not rushing on offense as much, and continued improvement on D.

02-01-2018 08:45 AM
Bearcats#1 Online
Village Wise Man

I Root For: Enlightenment
I'm glad because I really like his defensive prospect and mobility, etc. We will really need him to step up another level or two next year. Glad he is looking better.

02-01-2018 09:09 AM
cpawstoney Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U.C.
I want to see him pull down more rebounds when he's in the game.

02-01-2018 09:25 AM

UCGrad1992 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(02-01-2018 07:18 AM)jarr Wrote:  Not sure if it got talked about much, but Brooks had one of the plays of the game. A textbook block shot that was tapped to Jennifer, followed by a sprint to the other end for a dunk. That was the best sequence of play I've seen his two years here. Wonder if there was a replay of that.

Yes. I posted game highlights video on the game thread. Agree that it was a great play and to see a guy about 7 foot run like a tall gazelle is a thing of beauty!

02-01-2018 10:08 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
Poor guy got a foul called on him last night because he was so much bigger and stronger than the guy he was boxing out who just fell down.

02-01-2018 10:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MickMack Online
All American

I Root For: UC!
(02-01-2018 10:36 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Poor guy got a foul called on him last night because he was so much bigger and stronger than the guy he was boxing out who just fell down.

I remember that. 03-hissyfit I know a lot of people are worried about replacing our bigs next year, but I think Brooks has the potential to fill in quite nicely.

02-01-2018 10:46 AM

robertfoshizzle Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(02-01-2018 09:25 AM)cpawstoney Wrote:  I want to see him pull down more rebounds when he's in the game.

Agreed. He has the physical tools, and we don't need him to be a jump shooter as long as he can catch the ball on the roll and dunk like he did last night. But he sometimes loses rebounds and passes he shouldn't because the ball bounces right off his hands. Hopefully his increased confidence will lead to him holding onto the ones he would have previously dropped.

02-01-2018 10:48 AM
Bruce Monnin Online
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

I liked the play where he went for the dunk but the defense would have stopped him, so instead he slid off to the right, reached as close to the rim as he could and then tossed it in from a foot away. Nice adjustment.

02-01-2018 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geef Online
1st String

I Root For: Snow

Damn straight, Jarr Jarr Brooks. I came away so much more encouraged about our prospects in the paint next season. He could be a beast his senior year if he continues to develop.

02-01-2018 11:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.