Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Week 5 of Conference Play
Bookmark and Share
NeptunianEmp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: New Mexico Stat
MyBB Week 5 of Conference Play
NMSU and UTRGV start out with easy NAIA games tonight. I doubt they will choke.

Thursday will see some interesting games. Will GCU be able to bounce back from a loss and beat UMKC. It shouldn't be too difficult for them especially since it's at home.
CSU takes on CSUB in Bakersfield. CSU has been close in most of their games and this one might be their first conference win.

Saturday's match ups features some interesting games.
GCU vs CSU. Maybe Dancing will finally see his upset.
NMSU vs UTRGV. UTRGV has played well but the Aggies have stomped WAC opponents at home.
UVU vs SU. Now this should be an interesting game. UVU is second place in the WAC and SU has some quality wins. The game is in Seattle so that might give SU the slight edge for an upset.
UMKC vs CSUB. CSUB might get the upset with this game since it was close last time. If they can carry momentum from the CSU game then that upset will seem more likely.
01-30-2018 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NeptunianEmp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: New Mexico Stat
RE: Week 5 of Conference Play
umkc coming out strong against gcu.
02-01-2018 09:27 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
(02-01-2018 09:27 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  umkc coming out strong against gcu.

It's like Canyon is trying to find their identity. Right now, Gerard Martin is running the point! Not even sure what's going on there. I'm glad he's getting more playing time, but he's a natural 4, and a 3 at best.... not a 1!!! I don't think it's playing to his strengths as a wing guy and someone who can shoot off the bench. However, he has the highest basketball IQ on the team, so maybe Dan's trusting in his ability to make good decisions with the basketball.

Lopes should pull away in the second half, but the longer they let UMKC stick around, the tougher it'll be to shake them.
02-01-2018 09:37 PM
RoosHouse Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UMKC
umkc fouls gcu too much in both games to have a chance at the end. They only have Leek inside to defend.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 09:58 PM by RoosHouse.)
02-01-2018 09:56 PM

dancingNMSUaggie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
Josh Braun is awful.
02-01-2018 10:29 PM
RunnerBall Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CSUB
Another weekend, another CSUB loss.
02-01-2018 10:40 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

(02-01-2018 09:56 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  umkc fouls gcu too much in both games to have a chance at the end. They only have Leek inside to defend.
Agreed. GCU can go a little deeper than the Roos, so, they could weather the storm of whistles on both sides tonight. They called it too tight.

Credit to your guys for pressing and competing so late into the game. It was closer than the final score shows. Right at the end fouls did UMKC in.
02-01-2018 11:03 PM

Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

(02-01-2018 10:29 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  Josh Braun is awful.

Yep... when you get in that mental funk it’s hard to shake it. Hoping they limit his minutes so as to let other guys who can produce get on the floor. Gotta earn your time on the court.
02-01-2018 11:05 PM
Trod0 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
I didn’t watch the game but I noticed GCU had almost double the rebounds 24-45. The Roos aren’t that bad of a team they just lack size.
02-02-2018 09:16 AM
gleadley Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GCU
(02-02-2018 09:16 AM)Trod0 Wrote:  I didn’t watch the game but I noticed GCU had almost double the rebounds 24-45. The Roos aren’t that bad of a team they just lack size.

4 of the Roos' 7 guards went for double digits, absolutely carving up GCU defenders. Time after time after time, they set up the iso and blew right by [insert GCU player name here]. Milstead is probably the only Lopes player with the lateral quickness to defend average to above-average speed guards.

Without a true rim protector or willingness of coaches to move off of straight up man-to-man defense, I can't see that playing out well for us come WAC tournament time.
02-02-2018 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.