WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kevin Johns gone!!
WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Kevin Johns gone!!
It has been reported that Kevin Johns is leaving WMU to take the Offensive Coordinator position at Texas Tech.
01-30-2018 10:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

RE: Kevin Johns gone!!
BYE!
01-30-2018 10:48 AM
Doo Offline
1st String

Does that mean Terry Malone gets the upgrade to playcaller, and someone else gains a co-OC title?
01-30-2018 10:56 AM
GullLake Offline
Support Hong Kong protesters!

I Root For: Joe Manchin
Just bring in someone who will incorporate a short passing game, including throwing to RB's in the flat. We missed that last season. Not sure if that was John's decision.
01-30-2018 11:05 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
Quite the upgrade for a guy who didn't adjust anything at half-time, and couldn't overcome the opponent adjustments in real time. Good luck to him.
01-30-2018 11:07 AM
ColinApocalypse Online

Incredible promotion for someone that didn't show much last season. Is he taking a page out of the Enos playbook?
01-30-2018 11:09 AM
Advertisement

Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
I’d imagine his reputation is off his time at Indiana and people are using excuse of lack of weapons in passing game last year.
01-30-2018 11:29 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Let Bogan's mom playcall next year. We'll probably end up with a better record.
01-30-2018 11:31 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-30-2018 11:31 AM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Let Bogan's mom playcall next year. We'll probably end up with a better record.

Between her and John Kenoy's Grandfather...
01-30-2018 11:49 AM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
I think he’ll be missed.
01-30-2018 11:49 AM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
I dont know if Johns or Lester made the decision to switch up the run game, but whoever did made a big mistake. Should of stayed with the inside zone both ways as the bread and butter.
01-30-2018 12:17 PM
Advertisement

BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

I would imagine he tripled his salary today, at least
01-30-2018 12:36 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I don't think he can really be evaluated, the one change I did like was a little more variation to playcalls. So, is Moreland going to be the new OC, or Malone? Is Malone a little older and not wanting to be that involved, rather being a mention to Moreland, who I don't think has ever run an offense?

I just hope we keep the basic offense intact, the continuity is a big plus in terms of experience and recruiting. Our defense was hurting at the end of Cubit's run because we kept having to use new systems, even using that daffy 3-3-5 because we couldn't field enough beef.
01-30-2018 12:38 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I guess Malone is not that old, and he really does have ideal experience there, having been an OC in the MAC, Big 10, and an NFL position coach.
01-30-2018 12:45 PM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

(01-30-2018 12:38 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  I don't think he can really be evaluated, the one change I did like was a little more variation to playcalls. So, is Moreland going to be the new OC, or Malone? Is Malone a little older and not wanting to be that involved, rather being a mention to Moreland, who I don't think has ever run an offense?

I just hope we keep the basic offense intact, the continuity is a big plus in terms of experience and recruiting. Our defense was hurting at the end of Cubit's run because we kept having to use new systems, even using that daffy 3-3-5 because we couldn't field enough beef.

Johns took some heat but fair to him having a 18 year old QB who was 3rd string likely redshirt in spring ball was a hurdle few D1 teams could overcome.
01-30-2018 12:45 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

I seem to be in the minority. This is a big loss in my opinion. I think Johns knows his stuff. We just didn't get to see it due to the construction of our roster. Yes, the play calling was frustrating at times. But when your imbalanced, you try things when you normally wouldn't do so. I know that in the moment I complained along with a lot of you, but looking at this objectively, I have a feeling had he stayed this year, our offense would be plenty potent, especially if Wassink is healthy.
01-30-2018 07:52 PM
Advertisement

Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

looking forward to the change. The lack of QB development and game plan adjustments was almost unbearable IMO. I get it, a lot of productivity was lost, but I just didn't see/feel growth from week to week.
01-31-2018 11:20 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-31-2018 11:20 AM)Wheres_Waldo? Wrote:  looking forward to the change. The lack of QB development and game plan adjustments was almost unbearable IMO. I get it, a lot of productivity was lost, but I just didn't see/feel growth from week to week.

I didn't see growth from half to half... the CMU game was an abomination after half... couldn't do anything to account for the CMU defensive adjustments... I personally wasn't impressed... Especially with the OL we had and the RB game we returned...

Will be interesting to see who replaces him...
01-31-2018 11:56 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(01-31-2018 11:56 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I didn't see growth from half to half... the CMU game was an abomination after half... couldn't do anything to account for the CMU defensive adjustments... I personally wasn't impressed... Especially with the OL we had and the RB game we returned...

With a rookie QB making his first start in the rain - what did you expect?

His halftime-2nd Half adjustments seemed to work pretty well vs. Idaho when we still had Wassink.
01-31-2018 12:55 PM
BuickBronco Offline
Special Teams

(01-31-2018 12:55 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 11:56 AM)flushtheherd Wrote:  I didn't see growth from half to half... the CMU game was an abomination after half... couldn't do anything to account for the CMU defensive adjustments... I personally wasn't impressed... Especially with the OL we had and the RB game we returned...

With a rookie QB making his first start in the rain - what did you expect?

His halftime-2nd Half adjustments seemed to work pretty well vs. Idaho when we still had Wassink.

Agreed, too many expected miracles. How many passes were dropped by young receivers this year? If we had the 2017 QBs with Davis & company as WR's good chance we struggle to win ten games. You can't replace experience at that position with a FR and Soph-R who hadn't taken a snap. Terrell played what? 52-53 games?
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 01:10 PM by BuickBronco.)
01-31-2018 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.