Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ben Stein nails it!
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Ben Stein nails it!
Quote:In September of 1967, I was a first year at Yale Law School, returning from a year recovering from acute colitis. My then gf, soon to be my wifey, and I went to a demonstration in the Graduate Student Commons in support of striking cafeteria workers. We were milling around, probably shouting slogans, and a hulking campus cop came up to my classmate, an extremely self-confident, smart fellow named Walter D. Waggoner. The cop said, “What’s your name, boy?”

Walter looked him dead in the eye and said, “I don’t have to answer your f–king questions.”

The cop stared and then walked away.

This all came rushing into my antique brain as I watched the news tonight that our President, Donald J. Trump, had been asked to answer Special Vishinsky Prosecutor Mueller’s questions about “collusion” between the Trump campaign and Putin’s Russia in the 2016 Presidential Campaign.

Incredibly, Trump, racing off to a conference of economic and finance bigwigs at Davos, Switzerland, said something like, “I’ll be glad to answer his questions.” Then he added, even more amazingly, “Under oath.”

One: There is no such crime as Russia/U.S. “Collusion.” The man who is running for President can talk to anyone he pleases. So can anyone who works for him. They can talk about anything except to disclose secret defense material. No one is even hinting that such a thing happened. So, there is no “there there” as my great, great Aunt Gertrude Stein said of Oakland.

For heads of state to talk to other heads of state or their deputies is how the business of the world gets done.

If you were to say it were illegal, you would have to say that all diplomacy is illegal. That’s a concept too Orwellian even for Trump’s haters.

Two: The Special Prosecutor is not a friend of Mr. Trump. He’s been in bed with Trump haters from the word “go”. He has no special place in history unless he hurts Trump very badly. He’s not going to just walk away from this without the trophy of inflicting heavy duty damage on Trump. That’s just not the way Special Prosecutors operate. Birds got to fly. Fish got to swim. Prosecutors got to prosecute. It doesn’t have to be the biggest possible fish, but it has to be somebody.

Mr. Mueller would not have asked to question Trump if he didn’t mean to harm him or someone close to him. Surely Mr. Trump should know this or if he doesn’t, there’s something seriously askew in his orange head.

There is just no upside in answering Mr. Mueller’s questions. It can only hurt someone close to Trump.

Three: Mr. Trump does not have to answer anyone’s f–king questions. He’s President. He can’t be cited for contempt. He can’t be indicted. He cannot be prosecuted especially for the non-existent crime of “collusion.” If he does not have to answer the questions and if the media will hurt him as much as they possibly can no matter what he does, why should he answer questions — especially under oath?

We already know that Mr. Mueller is looking way in the past at Mr. Trump’s business dealings years ago. What can this possibly have to do with his acts as President? Every day Mr. Mueller sends out more requests for interrogations. Mr. Trump, sir, this man wants to hurt you. Don’t help him. When you get back to D.C. from Davos, explain that you spoke too hastily, that you had not consulted your counsel. That you will have a look at written interrogatories and consider answering them with the help of your lawyers. Mr. Trump, this man, Mr. Mueller, is part of a conspiracy to drive you from office.

Take a tip from a man who worked for a President who was FAR too co-operative with the people sworn to kill him. Don’t answer his f–king questions.

https://spectator.org/dont-answer-his-qu...president/
01-26-2018 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Ben Stein nails it!
I've always said I should've been born a jew.....

Ben Stein is one smart fk'n cookie that can bake a cake too......

if I ever had an inkling to visit NY, it would be to have a 5 hr/20 martini lunch with his arse....
01-26-2018 11:35 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(01-26-2018 10:54 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  
Quote:In September of 1967, I was a first year at Yale Law School, returning from a year recovering from acute colitis. My then gf, soon to be my wifey, and I went to a demonstration in the Graduate Student Commons in support of striking cafeteria workers. We were milling around, probably shouting slogans, and a hulking campus cop came up to my classmate, an extremely self-confident, smart fellow named Walter D. Waggoner. The cop said, “What’s your name, boy?”

Walter looked him dead in the eye and said, “I don’t have to answer your f–king questions.”

This all came rushing into my antique brain as I watched the news tonight that our President, Donald J. Trump, had been asked to answer Special Vishinsky Prosecutor Mueller’s questions about “collusion” between the Trump campaign and Putin’s Russia in the 2016 Presidential Campaign.

Incredibly, Trump, racing off to a conference of economic and finance bigwigs at Davos, Switzerland, said something like, “I’ll be glad to answer his questions.” Then he added, even more amazingly, “Under oath.”

One: There is no such crime as Russia/U.S. “Collusion.” The man who is running for President can talk to anyone he pleases. So can anyone who works for him. They can talk about anything except to disclose secret defense material. No one is even hinting that such a thing happened. So, there is no “there there” as my great, great Aunt Gertrude Stein said of Oakland.

For heads of state to talk to other heads of state or their deputies is how the business of the world gets done.

If you were to say it were illegal, you would have to say that all diplomacy is illegal. That’s a concept too Orwellian even for Trump’s haters.

Two: The Special Prosecutor is not a friend of Mr. Trump. He’s been in bed with Trump haters from the word “go”. He has no special place in history unless he hurts Trump very badly. He’s not going to just walk away from this without the trophy of inflicting heavy duty damage on Trump. That’s just not the way Special Prosecutors operate. Birds got to fly. Fish got to swim. Prosecutors got to prosecute. It doesn’t have to be the biggest possible fish, but it has to be somebody.

Mr. Mueller would not have asked to question Trump if he didn’t mean to harm him or someone close to him. Surely Mr. Trump should know this or if he doesn’t, there’s something seriously askew in his orange head.

There is just no upside in answering Mr. Mueller’s questions. It can only hurt someone close to Trump.

Three: Mr. Trump does not have to answer anyone’s f–king questions. He’s President. He can’t be cited for contempt. He can’t be indicted. He cannot be prosecuted especially for the non-existent crime of “collusion.” If he does not have to answer the questions and if the media will hurt him as much as they possibly can no matter what he does, why should he answer questions — especially under oath?

We already know that Mr. Mueller is looking way in the past at Mr. Trump’s business dealings years ago. What can this possibly have to do with his acts as President? Every day Mr. Mueller sends out more requests for interrogations. Mr. Trump, sir, this man wants to hurt you. Don’t help him. When you get back to D.C. from Davos, explain that you spoke too hastily, that you had not consulted your counsel. That you will have a look at written interrogatories and consider answering them with the help of your lawyers. Mr. Trump, this man, Mr. Mueller, is part of a conspiracy to drive you from office.

Take a tip from a man who worked for a President who was FAR too co-operative with the people sworn to kill him. Don’t answer his f–king questions.

Old school liberal.
01-27-2018 12:03 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston

Thats actually a really smart way to handle this. Lets be honest----there was no collusion and even if there was--its not against the law to gather negative truthful information on a candidate for president. If it was, every reporter in the main stream media would be in jail.

So, the whole purpose of the investigation is to taint. But beyond simply tainted the White House with a cloud of "scandal"---the special investigation has a secondary potentially even more damaging weapon---"secondary crimes" (see Clintons Blue dress).

Most of the time in these investigations--the original accusation turns out to be false--but the defendant gets tripped up by trying to cover up something else that is embarrassing and ends up getting charged with lying to the FBI and obstruction. However----if you dont answer any questions---then that potentially very deadly second avenue of attack is totally closed off to the Mueller investigation.

Mueller has nothing. Trump needs to go into Victory formation and just run out the clock. Dont pass the ball. Done run the ball. Dont give the defense the slightest chance of a turnover. Snap the ball--kneel down---and let the final seconds harmlessly expire.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 01:41 AM by Attackcoog.)
01-27-2018 01:36 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It’s idiotic bordering on pure hubris to meet with Mueller. Nothing there but let them debate what the meaning of is is...and they will leak specific excerpts to a the partisan rabid media within 24 hours after they meet.
01-27-2018 07:29 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Ben Stein nails it!
(01-27-2018 01:36 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

Thats actually a really smart way to handle this. Lets be honest----there was no collusion and even if there was--its not against the law to gather negative truthful information on a candidate for president. If it was, every reporter in the main stream media would be in jail.

So, the whole purpose of the investigation is to taint. But beyond simply tainted the White House with a cloud of "scandal"---the special investigation has a secondary potentially even more damaging weapon---"secondary crimes" (see Clintons Blue dress).

Most of the time in these investigations--the original accusation turns out to be false--but the defendant gets tripped up by trying to cover up something else that is embarrassing and ends up getting charged with lying to the FBI and obstruction. However----if you dont answer any questions---then that potentially very deadly second avenue of attack is totally closed off to the Mueller investigation.

Mueller has nothing. Trump needs to go into Victory formation and just run out the clock. Dont pass the ball. Done run the ball. Dont give the defense the slightest chance of a turnover. Snap the ball--kneel down---and let the final seconds harmlessly expire.

And the added bonus is we all could witness, in real time, every prompter reading talking head on MSLSD and the VFNN explode, one half hour after the next.
What even is “collusion”? Is it using ROOOSKIE agents to spin wild fairy tales about trysts with peeing hookers? Is it selling off nuclear materials to ROOOSKIE financiers for millions in donations and half-million dollar per 20 minutes speaking fees? Or is it more like looking away when the ROOOSKIES decide to invade a neighbor and simply seize their land, murder their citizens and lay claim to their open water ports?

Would it look anything like that? Or is it a chance 20 minute senseless meeting with some lawyer chick set up by an oppo research firm like Fusion GPS?

Which of those is not like the other?

F Bueller and his hired henchmen. Stein is spot on.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 08:29 AM by JMUDunk.)
01-27-2018 08:27 AM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
"Mueller?...Mueller?"
01-27-2018 09:56 AM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
Quote:The Special Prosecutor is not a friend of Mr. Trump. He’s been in bed with Trump haters from the word “go”. He has no special place in history unless he hurts Trump very badly. He’s not going to just walk away from this without the trophy of inflicting heavy duty damage on Trump. That’s just not the way Special Prosecutors operate. Birds got to fly. Fish got to swim. Prosecutors got to prosecute. It doesn’t have to be the biggest possible fish, but it has to be somebody.

All of the above is true, but especially the bolded parts.

Mr. President, don't answer his f-king questions. Tell him to take a long walk off a short pier.
01-27-2018 10:15 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
I haven't read any posts in this thread yet. So my comment is strictly in response to the thread title:

He usually does.
01-27-2018 02:54 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

(01-27-2018 09:56 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  "Mueller?...Mueller?"

LOL!!!!

You, sir, win the day.

+3
01-27-2018 02:56 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-27-2018 08:27 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

And the added bonus is we all could witness, in real time, every prompter reading talking head on MSLSD and the VFNN explode, one half hour after the next.
What even is “collusion”? Is it using ROOOSKIE agents to spin wild fairy tales about trysts with peeing hookers? Is it selling off nuclear materials to ROOOSKIE financiers for millions in donations and half-million dollar per 20 minutes speaking fees? Or is it more like looking away when the ROOOSKIES decide to invade a neighbor and simply seize their land, murder their citizens and lay claim to their open water ports?

Would it look anything like that? Or is it a chance 20 minute senseless meeting with some lawyer chick set up by an oppo research firm like Fusion GPS?

It's cute that you all think this is almost over given the how political events have unfolded. Especially in the last decade.
01-27-2018 03:22 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(01-27-2018 03:22 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

It's cute that you all think this is almost over given the how political events have unfolded. Especially in the last decade.

it's not our fault you're team over country......

we don't give a shite anymore.....

if your party offered anything in return, maybe, just maybe, us centrists would yield.....

but nope.....dippos are simply dippos......and the pragmatic don't give two shites about feeeeewins.....
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2018 03:27 PM by stinkfist.)
01-27-2018 03:26 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-27-2018 03:26 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

if your party offered anything in return, maybe, just maybe, us centrists would yield.....

but nope.....dippos are simply dippos......and the pragmatic don't give two shites about feeeeewins.....

No I am not team over country while I don't think it is right I else know how people are going to react. I would like to see this end but you guys on the other hand were so happy to go after the last admin but now are aghast with the opposition does the same thing. So tell me who is team over country again?
01-27-2018 03:49 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-27-2018 03:49 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(01-27-2018 03:26 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(01-27-2018 01:36 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Thats actually a really smart way to handle this. Lets be honest----there was no collusion and even if there was--its not against the law to gather negative truthful information on a candidate for president. If it was, every reporter in the main stream media would be in jail.

No I am not team over country while I don't think it is right I else know how people are going to react. I would like to see this end but you guys on the other hand were so happy to go after the last admin but now are aghast with the opposition does the same thing. So tell me who is team over country again?

You don't think the opposition didn't do the same with Bush 2, or Clinton, or keep going back.

The difference now is those that hold the elected positions have joined in and refuse to work at all with whomever the winner is. The is almost zero compromise which means none of the people's business gets done.
01-27-2018 04:03 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
You can’t use an adversarial foreign intelligence service for oppositional research. 03-lmfao

Hacking into the DNC is a crime. If anyone associated with the Trump campaign used those files in any nefarious manner you have your conspiracy. From the things I read the Facebook social media campaigns were specifically target and the Russian bots had to have help.

Trump has been obstructing this from the get go. He’s going to have to plead the fifth.
01-27-2018 07:15 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-27-2018 07:15 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You can’t use an adversarial foreign intelligence service for oppositional research. 03-lmfao

Hacking into the DNC is a crime. If anyone associated with the Trump campaign used those files in any nefarious manner you have your conspiracy. From the things I read the Facebook social media campaigns were specifically target and the Russian bots had to have help.

Trump has been obstructing this from the get go. He’s going to have to plead the fifth.

If he can't be compelled to be interviewed, pleading the 5th never comes into play.
01-27-2018 07:26 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

(01-27-2018 07:15 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  You can’t use an adversarial foreign intelligence service for oppositional research. 03-lmfao

Oh, my gosh!

The left is concerned about potential crimes -- when it's the other party. But HiLIARy did nothing wrong. Ever.
01-27-2018 07:52 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

You mean, like the Steele dossier?

Quote:Hacking into the DNC is a crime. If anyone associated with the Trump campaign used those files in any nefarious manner you have your conspiracy.

Well two problems. One, that may or may not be a crime. Two, there is no proof that happened.

Quote:From the things I read the Facebook social media campaigns were specifically target and the Russian bots had to have help.

And I'm sure that whatever you read is the gospel truth, whether or not there is any evidence to support it.

Quote:Trump has been obstructing this from the get go. He’s going to have to plead the fifth.

What has he done that constitutes obstruction?

If he were my client, I would not let him speak, or at least not without some very specific agreed rules and limitations--attorneys present, not under oath, subject matter limited. For the reasons outlined by Stein, this has trap written all over it. This is the same reason why I would not normally let a client of mine do anything but take the Fifth before a grand jury. There is no justice in kangaroo courts.
01-27-2018 08:00 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(01-27-2018 08:00 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Quote:Hacking into the DNC is a crime. If anyone associated with the Trump campaign used those files in any nefarious manner you have your conspiracy.

Well two problems. One, that may or may not be a crime. Two, there is no proof that happened.

Quote:From the things I read the Facebook social media campaigns were specifically target and the Russian bots had to have help.

And I'm sure that whatever you read is the gospel truth, whether or not there is any evidence to support it.

Quote:Trump has been obstructing this from the get go. He’s going to have to plead the fifth.

If he were my client, I would not let him speak, or at least not without some very specific agreed rules and limitations--attorneys present, not under oath, subject matter limited. For the reasons outlined by Stein, this has trap written all over it. This is the same reason why I would not normally let a client of mine do anything but take the Fifth before a grand jury. There is no justice in kangaroo courts.
What I've understood for obstruction it's hard to prove. But the "evidence" is firing of Comey, berating Sessions, questioning the investigation,and threatening to fire Mueller. That's how they'd try to charge obstruction. Reason it hasn't been filed, no hard evidence, Comey is unreliable as a witness, and threatening to fire someone in private is hard to prove.
01-27-2018 08:10 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(01-27-2018 08:10 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(01-27-2018 08:00 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
What I've understood for obstruction it's hard to prove. But the "evidence" is firing of Comey, berating Sessions, questioning the investigation,and threatening to fire Mueller. That's how they'd try to charge obstruction. Reason it hasn't been filed, no hard evidence, Comey is unreliable as a witness, and threatening to fire someone in private is hard to prove.

I don't see where any of those rise to obstruction of justice, particularly considering that all of them lie within what Alan Dershowitz has described as constitutional powers of the president. One reason it is hard to prove is that the US has very specific statutory definitions (18 USC 1501 et seq.) and the things described above don't really fit without some stretching.

Threatening to fire someone could be construed as perverting the course of justice under English common law, as could intending to pervert the course of justice, but we have a statute that defines it more specifically.
01-27-2018 10:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.