Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: MT vs Marshall
(01-18-2018 03:13 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  Nice preview of the game from BEIN Sports

http://www.beinsports.com/us/college-bas...all/764208

Wow............ Southern Conference is defunct 03-lmfao

Too bad for Chattanooga & East TN

Otherwise, a good preview.

Hoping that Tay can become a good scoring option for us. He has been disappointing, for the most part, this season.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2018 03:22 PM by KAjunRaider.)
01-18-2018 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Good game for us so far. Looks like you guys have the jitters a bit with all the turnovers and King hasn't really got going, but I don't expect that to stay the case.
01-18-2018 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
6 overtime’s please
01-18-2018 08:51 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(01-18-2018 08:51 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  6 overtime’s please

We will if you will. I'd rather have fresher legs for UAB unless they're worn out, too.
01-18-2018 08:53 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
36-34 Herd at halftime
01-18-2018 08:54 PM
Advertisement

Surbadger Online
1st String

Marshall 36
Middle Tenn 34
Halftime

Where is the MT fan that dogged Marshall's defense? In all seriousness, this is a great game so far. Both teams playing well. Marshall's defense was smoldering the first t minutes of the game. Penava is back and is a roadblock down low of defense.
01-18-2018 08:56 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Online
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
Marshall's defense hasn't been the problem. Missing wide open shots and unforced errors plagued MT. Elmore made one good play on a steal. Otherwise, it's been MT mishandling the ball. Penava is menace down low, but we played dumb. No ball fakes early on. I think they finally figured it out.

So far this game is playing out just about like every other game we've played on the road. A little sloppy in the first half. Keep it close so that we can make the run in the second half. Will see if it holds true again.
01-18-2018 09:00 PM
Surbadger Online
1st String

(01-18-2018 09:00 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Marshall's defense hasn't been the problem. Missing wide open shots and unforced errors plagued MT. Elmore made one good play on a steal. Otherwise, it's been MT mishandling the ball. Penava is menace down low, but we played dumb. No ball fakes early on. I think they finally figured it out.

So far this game is playing out just about like every other game we've played on the road. A little sloppy in the first half. Keep it close so that we can make the run in the second half. Will see if it holds true again.

I hear your bet and raise you. Marshall is a second half team.04-cheers
01-18-2018 09:05 PM
Heisman

(01-18-2018 09:05 PM)Surbadger Wrote:  
(01-18-2018 09:00 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Marshall's defense hasn't been the problem. Missing wide open shots and unforced errors plagued MT. Elmore made one good play on a steal. Otherwise, it's been MT mishandling the ball. Penava is menace down low, but we played dumb. No ball fakes early on. I think they finally figured it out.

I hear your bet and raise you. Marshall is a second half team.04-cheers

First six maybe seven possessions of the second will be the key. Our M.O. is play shutdown defense out of halftime. Will be tough to do against Marshall's offense.
01-18-2018 09:08 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies

Well MT called us out over the WKU game where Peneva was injured in the first 4 minutes. They scored at will in the paint. He is a difference maker inside. Even at that score they only got 1.09 points per possession. We just had everything that could go wrong go wrong in that game. This game is going much better, so far.
01-18-2018 09:15 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

That was a terrible late call. That was not a jump ball. Ball had clearly separated and was caught when our guy was back on the ground. That was a six point call as Dixon hit a three about the time the ref finally blew the whistle and then a three on the other end. Huge/huge six point swing. That play might be the difference in this game.
01-18-2018 09:19 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(01-18-2018 09:19 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  That was a terrible late call. That was not a jump ball. Ball had clearly separated and was caught when our guy was back on the ground. That was a six point call as Dixon hit a three about the time the ref finally blew the whistle and then a three on the other end. Huge/huge six point swing. That play might be the difference in this game.

Getting referee excuse ready, already? You guys may and should probably win this game, but if you lose it's because we're playing very well and not because of one, in your opinion, bad call.
01-18-2018 09:24 PM
Heisman

(01-18-2018 09:24 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(01-18-2018 09:19 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  That was a terrible late call. That was not a jump ball. Ball had clearly separated and was caught when our guy was back on the ground. That was a six point call as Dixon hit a three about the time the ref finally blew the whistle and then a three on the other end. Huge/huge six point swing. That play might be the difference in this game.

Getting referee excuse ready, already? You guys may and should probably win this game, but if you lose it's because we're playing very well and not because of one, in your opinion, bad call.

Just saying that was a massive swing of six points. And you know damn well it wasn't a jump ball. Simply a clean block by Penava.
01-18-2018 09:29 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Herd has controlled this game from the start. Amazing what a difference Peneva makes in the lineup. MT looks gassed too, so I expect the Herd to pull away down the stretch.
01-18-2018 09:37 PM
Heisman

LMAO. That team isn't gassed.

But we don't deserve to win this game though, because we've thrown the ball away more in this game than we turn it over for a full game on average. This is the sloppiest ball handling I've seen us have all year.
01-18-2018 09:39 PM
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

(01-18-2018 09:39 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  LMAO. That team isn't gassed.

But we don't deserve to win this game though, because we've thrown the ball away more in this game than we turn it over for a full game on average. This is the sloppiest ball handling I've seen us have all year.

Hands on hips and knees, you're absolutely gassed. Herd haa dominated this game.
01-18-2018 09:44 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies

Yeah, it's definitely not us being disruptive on DEFENSE. Y'all just can't say it, can you?
01-18-2018 09:44 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

#D-Fence
01-18-2018 09:45 PM
Heisman

Oh yeah. Totally Y'all's defense is clearly better than USC, Miami, Auburn, etc.
01-18-2018 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.