Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vaqueros @ Lopes
Bookmark and Share
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU, MTSU
MyBB Vaqueros @ Lopes
Lopes welcome the guys from Edinburg tonight. So far, still missing a lot of shots but we are finding ways to score. Milstead and Blumbergs getting some minutes early tonight.
01-13-2018 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

RE: Vaqueros @ Lopes
This game is being called way too tightly. Cheap calls on both teams. Not a pretty game so far, but the Lopes are maintaining a 10 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the first half. Bright spot for the Lopes is the advantage in rebounds; Canyon has owned the boards tonight.
01-13-2018 09:55 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(01-13-2018 09:55 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  This game is being called way too tightly. Cheap calls on both teams. Not a pretty game so far, but the Lopes are maintaining a 10 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the first half. Bright spot for the Lopes is the advantage in rebounds; Canyon has owned the boards tonight.

Only "watching" on Live Stats, but Dixon usually does draw a lot of fouls.
01-13-2018 10:21 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

(01-13-2018 10:21 PM)edinburger Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 09:55 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  This game is being called way too tightly. Cheap calls on both teams. Not a pretty game so far, but the Lopes are maintaining a 10 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the first half. Bright spot for the Lopes is the advantage in rebounds; Canyon has owned the boards tonight.

You know the game is streaming for free on YouTube, right? Also.. Dixon's had a rough game so far. He has 9 points right now. The UTRGV press has been very effective; forced several Lope turnovers.

I think it was Levi who got into it with Benson earlier; crowd is giving him a shower of boo's each time he touches the ball. The guys are hustling on both teams. Chasing down loose balls with a lot of energy. I don't think I've seen the possession arrow get so much use all season!
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 10:41 PM by Raider_Lope.)
01-13-2018 10:35 PM
Advertisement

edinburger Offline
1st String

(01-13-2018 10:35 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  

You know the game is streaming for free on YouTube, right? Also.. Dixon's had a rough game so far. He has 9 points right now. The UTRGV press has been very effective; forced several Lope turnovers.

I think it was Levi who got into it with Benson earlier; crowd is giving him a shower of boo's each time he touches the ball. The guys are hustling on both teams. Chasing down loose balls with a lot of energy. I don't think I've seen the possession arrow get so much use all season!

No I did not know. Thanks! But it's turning into a rout.
01-13-2018 10:57 PM
Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

(01-13-2018 10:57 PM)edinburger Wrote:  

Well, UTRGV's not letting up on defense; their press is still hounding GCU. It was down to 13 a few minutes ago, back to 16. Game is very, very chippy. At least 10 charges have been called. Technical too. They've also gone to the monitor at least 3 times to make sure that no one should be put out of the game. These teams usually don't have such bad blood!
01-13-2018 11:10 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

(01-13-2018 11:10 PM)Raider_Lope Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 10:57 PM)edinburger Wrote:  

Well, UTRGV's not letting up on defense; their press is still hounding GCU. It was down to 13 a few minutes ago, back to 16. Game is very, very chippy. At least 10 charges have been called. Technical too. They've also gone to the monitor at least 3 times to make sure that no one should be put out of the game. These teams usually don't have such bad blood!

Don't see a 6 point possession very often.
01-13-2018 11:11 PM
Advertisement

Raider_Lope Offline
2nd String

GCU will come away with the win, but there wasn't any quit in the Vaqueros. Respect for their energy all the way to the end!
01-13-2018 11:17 PM
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
I didn't get to watch the second half but in the first half we gambled so many times and lost in trying to get a steal or trap someone. I know we play aggressive D but I've never seen them gamble that many times. Led to way too many easy baskets.

Funny seeing the shortest guy on the team ready to throw down lol. Was there more skirmishes in the second half?
01-14-2018 01:54 AM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GCU
(01-14-2018 01:54 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  I didn't get to watch the second half but in the first half we gambled so many times and lost in trying to get a steal or trap someone. I know we play aggressive D but I've never seen them gamble that many times. Led to way too many easy baskets.

Funny seeing the shortest guy on the team ready to throw down lol. Was there more skirmishes in the second half?
There was another skirmish in the 2nd half. GCU's Vernon got assessed a technical foul. That is what helped Dixon make his 6 point play.
01-14-2018 10:41 AM
Advertisement

edinburger Offline
1st String

(01-14-2018 01:54 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  I didn't get to watch the second half but in the first half we gambled so many times and lost in trying to get a steal or trap someone. I know we play aggressive D but I've never seen them gamble that many times. Led to way too many easy baskets.

Yup, looked like Vernon wanted a fight with Rwabigwi at one point. It did kinda look like Rwabigwi yanked on his leg to make him fall, but Rwabigwi did his innocent who-me look and Vernon got all puffed up, so Vernon got the technical.

Then there was a stretch where it seemed like GCU was charging every time, looked like they wanted to see Vaqueros flying more than they wanted baskets.

That Blumbergs guy is really good.
01-14-2018 10:43 AM
ProfScott Offline
Special Teams

(01-14-2018 10:43 AM)edinburger Wrote:  

Yup, looked like Vernon wanted a fight with Rwabigwi at one point. It did kinda look like Rwabigwi yanked on his leg to make him fall, but Rwabigwi did his innocent who-me look and Vernon got all puffed up, so Vernon got the technical.

Then there was a stretch where it seemed like GCU was charging every time, looked like they wanted to see Vaqueros flying more than they wanted baskets.

That Blumbergs guy is really good.
That Blumbergs guy played only 4 minutes against NMSU. One of GCU's problems is that no one is consistent.
01-14-2018 10:49 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Chants of "Little Levi" and the shower of boos every time he touched the ball the rest of the game were entertaining. I only saw it once (in real time), but it looked like Vernon overreacted to seemingly tripping over a pile on his own. Selfish play by Tay resulted in 6 point possession for UTRGV. Senior leader has to be smarter than that.
01-14-2018 01:54 PM
Advertisement

ThunderDan49 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Lopes
(01-14-2018 01:54 PM)gleadley Wrote:  

Chants of "Little Levi" and the shower of boos every time he touched the ball the rest of the game were entertaining. I only saw it once (in real time), but it looked like Vernon overreacted to seemingly tripping over a pile on his own. Selfish play by Tay resulted in 6 point possession for UTRGV. Senior leader has to be smarter than that.

I watched on TV since I was sick with the flu, but it was really clear that Keonta got his leg yanked out from underneath him
01-15-2018 01:54 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Benefit of watching at home, I suppose. Leg yanked or not, a senior leader has to have more composure than to jump up and shove someone. A 6 point swing in a different context could be the difference between a win and loss. Hoping that lesson is not lost on this team and it's leaders.
01-15-2018 10:41 AM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

I Root For: NMSU
NMSU had two technical fouls during the CSUB game. With CSUB's aggressiveness and chippy style of play, Vernon better keep his temper in check when the Lopes meet the Runners. I think Barnes intentionally coaches his players to play with a lot of attitude and get under the opponents skin; turning the game into a "rock fight" as Coach Jans put it.

I will say, NMSU met probably two of the craftiest players in the WAC this weekend. On Thursday, Josh Braun drew a foul on Sidy Ndir by locking arms (pinning Sidy's arm) while he was moving through the paint giving the impression Ndir was holding him.

And, on Saturday, Brent Wrapp while dribbling down court, in transition, intentionally veered into Chuha; undercutting Chuha causing him to trip over Wrapp; getting a cheap foul called on him. Chuha wasn't even guarding Wrapp at the time, he was just trying to get down court in transition.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018 12:46 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
01-15-2018 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.