Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

“Tricky Dick” Durbin
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
“Tricky Dick” Durbin
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...e-n2433826

From the link:

Quote:We’ll get back to that in a second. First, you know, Dick Durbin has said some colorful things himself. In 2005, he compared U.S. troops to Nazis, remarks that he was forced to apologize for on the Senate floor (via WaPo):

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

Durbin, the Democratic whip, acknowledged that "more than most people, a senator lives by his words" but that "occasionally words will fail us and occasionally we will fail words." Choking up, he said: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Tricky Tricky Dick.
01-13-2018 04:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
RE: “Tricky Dick” Durbin
Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.
01-13-2018 06:42 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?
01-13-2018 07:31 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Trump has nothing to apologize for.
01-13-2018 07:39 AM

Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-13-2018 07:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?

Quote:Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 12
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!
01-13-2018 09:35 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(01-13-2018 09:35 AM)Dasville Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 07:31 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Perfect- I must have missed Trumps apology for this thread to be relevant. What did Donny say?

Quote:Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 12
Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!

So you prove Trump knows how to lie. We already know that. What's your point?
01-13-2018 10:02 AM
TechRocks Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech
(01-13-2018 06:42 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.

An apology for what? Calling a shytehole a shytehole? For the love of god people, grow some balls.
01-13-2018 10:07 AM

DefCONNOne Online
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(01-13-2018 04:22 AM)Dasville Wrote:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...e-n2433826

From the link:

Quote:We’ll get back to that in a second. First, you know, Dick Durbin has said some colorful things himself. In 2005, he compared U.S. troops to Nazis, remarks that he was forced to apologize for on the Senate floor (via WaPo):

Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) yesterday offered a tearful apology on the Senate floor for comparing the alleged abuse of prisoners by American troops to techniques used by the Nazis, the Soviets and the Khmer Rouge, as he sought to quell a frenzy of Republican-led criticism.

Durbin, the Democratic whip, acknowledged that "more than most people, a senator lives by his words" but that "occasionally words will fail us and occasionally we will fail words." Choking up, he said: "Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

Tricky Tricky Dick.

This passive-agressive BS towards the President is getting real old real fast.
01-13-2018 10:15 AM
WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(01-13-2018 06:42 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nice apology. That's all we're asking from Trump too - glad you get it.

That was no apology....

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line. To them, I extend my heartfelt apologies."

He did not say he was regretful for saying what he said, only that "some" felt it crossed the line.

In that quote nowhere did he say he had a "regretful acknowledgment of saying what he said"
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 10:21 AM by WKUYG.)
01-13-2018 10:19 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

(01-13-2018 10:15 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(01-13-2018 04:22 AM)Dasville Wrote:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...e-n2433826

From the link:

Tricky Tricky Dick.

This passive-agressive BS towards the President is getting real old real fast.

President Trump should never have trusted Tricky Dick and he should take a long hard look at Graham. He was right to say "no trust". He should not have left it up to them.
01-13-2018 10:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.