01-12-2018 12:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Navy coach to Arizona?
I wonder how their fan base would accept that type of football, especially compared to RichRod's offense.
01-12-2018 01:13 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I wonder how their offensive roster would.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 01:26 PM by rath v2.0.)
01-12-2018 01:25 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Would be a blow to Navy.

However, if he is the coach at Arizona, I do see him opening up the passing game and with Tate at QB, there will be quite a few run-pass-options plays. The military academies don't get the recruits for a passing game so that is why they stay with the option.
01-12-2018 03:25 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
This is where you change the destiny of the conference. Keep the coach at all cost.

T

...03-cool
01-12-2018 03:29 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Arizona hasn't hired Sumlin yet?
01-12-2018 03:44 PM
Advertisement

ObiwanGoat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Navy
This opportunity scares me. Warm weather, closer to Hawaii, closer to his Mormon faith, a blue chip QB with 1400 rushing yards last year, and he would take over a solid program.

As for changing the offense. What's to change? He has a blue chip running QB who can pass. Two solid running backs and a good group of receivers. He can run the whole offense out of the shot gun and he can tell Khalil Tate that Keenan Reynolds had a shot at the Heisman Trophy two years ago.

You can pass out of the Navy triple O, we just choose not to because our defense is usually weak.
01-12-2018 03:45 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
the triple option is a recruiting killer ..arizona's star qb already said he doesnt want the triple option ...a mass exodus follows if he is hired
01-12-2018 03:49 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(01-12-2018 03:49 PM)pesik Wrote:  the triple option is a recruiting killer ..arizona's star qb already said he doesnt want the triple option ...a mass exodus follows if he is hired

Overstated.

Like Obiwan said, Ken Niumatalolo and this offense gave Reynolds the opportunity to finish fifth in Heisman voting. Look up Garrett Gabriel at Hawaii under Johnson.
Heck look at Navy's use of shotgun zone blocking read options this year - exclusively vs AF.

Recruits like the prospect of winning, which Ken did more than RichRod over the last ten years.
01-12-2018 04:15 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(01-12-2018 03:29 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  This is where you change the destiny of the conference. Keep the coach at all cost.

T

...03-cool

Coach Niumat has turned down or just not taken calls from BYU, Cal, Minnesota, possibly Oregon State, and more over the last ten years.
He may leave.

If he does the transition will look a lot like when Paul Johnson left : It's Ivin Jasper's job within about 30 seconds. The only mystery - just as with PJ - is how many assistants go and stay. Ten years ago, more stayed than left. I expect the same.
01-12-2018 04:20 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(01-12-2018 04:15 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 03:49 PM)pesik Wrote:  the triple option is a recruiting killer ..arizona's star qb already said he doesnt want the triple option ...a mass exodus follows if he is hired

Overstated.

Like Obiwan said, Ken Niumatalolo and this offense gave Reynolds the opportunity to finish fifth in Heisman voting. Look up Garrett Gabriel at Hawaii under Johnson.
Heck look at Navy's use of shotgun zone blocking read options this year - exclusively vs AF.

Recruits like the prospect of winning, which Ken did more than RichRod over the last ten years.

wrong. for navy maybe, no with the type of recruits Arizona wants and can get... N ONE wants to play in the triple option

khalil tate is BUILT for the triple option...he would be elite in that offense. his response to the rumor

[Image: DTXJeUAU0AE79Sa.jpg]

Georgia is one of the top recruiting states in the nation..Georgia tech is the #2 in that state and can barely recruit in a p5..almost all their top recruits are for the defensive side .. no one wants to play in the triple option...
01-12-2018 04:32 PM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(01-12-2018 04:32 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 04:15 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

Overstated.

wrong. for navy maybe, no with the type of recruits Arizona wants and can get... N ONE wants to play in the triple option

khalil tate is BUILT for the triple option...he would be elite in that offense. his response to the rumor

Georgia is one of the top recruiting states in the nation..Georgia tech is the #2 in that state and can barely recruit in a p5..almost all their top recruits are for the defensive side .. no one wants to play in the triple option...

#2 in the state of Georgia is actually generous for GaTech: nowhere near the Walmart fans of UGa or even neighbor state state schools. More important, GaTech has almost the same academic recruiting challenges as Navy! That's why their recruiting is where it is relative to ACC or Georgia.

And yet...Johnson has had a losing conference record ONCE in ten years in the ACC.

Don't get me wrong - saw Tate's tweet and recruits' and stupid fans' - misinformed people will make bad decisions based in being misinformed. There are challenges. But they are not insurmountable
01-12-2018 04:41 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
He had a chance to go to Hawai'i, why would he go anywhere else?
01-12-2018 04:49 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
Seems people are assuming Niumatololo would only run the triple option at Ariz just because he runs it at Navy.

Maybe he's ready to try something new?
01-12-2018 04:54 PM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-12-2018 04:15 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  [quote='pesik' pid='14985189' dateline='1515790140']
the triple option is a recruiting killer ..arizona's star qb already said he doesnt want the triple option ...a mass exodus follows if he is hired

Overstated.

Evidently he didn't go to Arizona to learn how to spell either.
01-12-2018 04:54 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
(01-12-2018 04:54 PM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 04:15 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  [quote='pesik' pid='14985189' dateline='1515790140']

Overstated.

That's exactly the type of player Gregg Marshall avoids. These tail wagging the dog scenarios will kill a program faster than an NCAA investigation. It's no wonder they are looking for a new coach. Imagine the balls of a college athlete taking to Twitter to dictate what he will and won't play for in an attempt to manipulate the hiring decision of the AD and president. The first thing that needs to happen is that ol' boy needs to be given his transfer papers. That would be my first action as coach unless he came to my office door groveling.

T

...03-cool
01-12-2018 05:34 PM
Advertisement

Poseidon Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane

Overstated.

He used to looking for Ripple. That is were his spelling was led astray.
01-12-2018 05:52 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

Overstated.

Look up Tripple in the urban dictionary, it's even worse.
01-12-2018 05:56 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(01-12-2018 05:56 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

Overstated.

Look up Tripple in the urban dictionary, it's even worse.

Dang... Why would you even know to look that up? That is sick.
01-12-2018 06:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
If Niumatalolo leaves, do any of you Navy fans think that will make much difference for 2018? Recruiting? On field performance?
01-12-2018 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.