Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Points System for Students
Bookmark and Share
odu09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Here's a showerthought: what if there was a points system for students attending athletic events? Similar to how ODAF works with points, except instead of contributions it would be based on attendance to athletic events. More points would be given for football and basketball games, along with soccer, field hockey, baseball, wrestling, lacrosse, etc. as secondary points. Bonus points would be given for consecutive games attended in a sport.

During the year, students will have a rank based on their number of points. These students would have the 'reserved' section in the student section with the best seats in the section. Over the course of the year, the top X number of students would be given tickets to championship events based on the sports they attended. IE, if a student attended all basketball games they would be given tickets to the CUSA basketball tournament in Texas (maybe airfare too?). If a student attended all football games they would be given tickets (and airfare?) to the bowl game if applicable. There could be other rewards along the way as you reach a threshold in points, such as gear, food, vip/club stuff, meet & greets, etc. If too many students qualify for the championship game with their ranks, the tiebreaker would be based on GPA - since these kids gotta attend classes every once in a while too.
01-09-2018 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: Points System for Students
Someone brought that up a while back. I forgot if it was on this board or the old one. I thought it was pitched to some folks? Not sure where the idea ran off too.
01-09-2018 09:35 PM
odu09 Offline
1st String

(01-09-2018 09:35 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Someone brought that up a while back. I forgot if it was on this board or the old one. I thought it was pitched to some folks? Not sure where the idea ran off too.

I must find a truly original idea! It's all good. The thought struck me while watching the Purdue @ Michigan game. Some of the students are along the long side of the court for about the first 15 rows, while the other students are in the traditional endzone spot. Made me wonder if we could ever pull that off, and how it would look when no students show up, and how to prevent no students from showing up? Went down a bit of a rabbit hole for a minute.
01-09-2018 09:44 PM
Monarchblue Offline
All American

Love it.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
01-09-2018 09:44 PM

Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

One season one of the car dealerships offered a new or gently used car. Students who attended games were given a ticket...stub went into a container. The last home game a students name was drawn, That was a very well attended year!

There could be many variations....students who attend OOC home games.. a drawing for a new years Eve hotel night. If they attend all conference games ...a weekend at hotel at VB or OBX. Rinse and repeat!
01-09-2018 09:51 PM
Big Bluezilla Offline
1st String

(01-09-2018 09:44 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  Love it.

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-09-2018 09:53 PM
Monarch Homselr Offline
1st String

The other thing is feed them! Free hot dogs prior to game and other specials. Free Ice Cream and cake if they participate in "Ice Cream and Cake"
01-09-2018 09:53 PM

devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
There was a point system in Monarch Maniacs during my Freshman year. (2009-10). I don't think the stated prizes were ever given out.
01-09-2018 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monarchblue Offline
All American

(01-09-2018 10:06 PM)devyanks90 Wrote:  There was a point system in Monarch Maniacs during my Freshman year. (2009-10). I don't think the stated prizes were ever given out.
Solid.

01-09-2018 10:07 PM
odu09 Offline
1st String

And then for big games like WKU on Thursday you could give DOUBLE POINTS or something to help bring em out. Or hot dogs, that works too :)
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 10:20 PM by odu09.)
01-09-2018 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.