Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bench Scoring
Bookmark and Share
cmett003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Bench Scoring
The bench is struggling. We need more scoring from them, they are averaging 14 pts per game but that number is inflated from a few blowouts. In the last 6 games, 4-6 have been in the single digits with the other 2 games being blowouts. I hope when we get deeper into conference play Green and Carver will be averaging 5 ppg each.

Is Green still dealing with health issues?
01-05-2018 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Bench Scoring
We really need that 6th man who comes off the bench strong.
01-05-2018 09:09 AM
monarx Offline
All American

(01-05-2018 09:09 AM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  We really need that 6th man who comes off the bench strong.

That should be MHJ or X. I feel like they both need to be more involved for us to make a run at the title.
01-05-2018 10:22 AM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(01-05-2018 10:22 AM)monarx Wrote:  
(01-05-2018 09:09 AM)DaBigBlue Wrote:  We really need that 6th man who comes off the bench strong.

That should be MHJ or X. I feel like they both need to be more involved for us to make a run at the title.

X was involved plenty last night and struggled.
01-05-2018 10:49 AM

mac Offline
1st String

Yeah, Carver will be very,very important with our big's tendency for foul trouble and Porter needing medical breaks .
01-05-2018 01:50 PM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

I like AC but he currently isn't the offensive spark we need. We don't lose much when he spells Brandan.
01-05-2018 02:09 PM
ODU804 Offline
Bench Warmer

I would like to see what would happen if X could have a game where he hits his first shot to develop some confidence. It seems like for the last few games he has missed his first shot and then isn't as aggressive.

I am also a little surprised that he doesn't take the ball to the basket more than he does given his ability to handle the ball. When he does take it to the basket he relies on a floater (which Twardzik hates) which is a difficult shot falling rather than attacking the rim or pulling up for an open 8 footer. Hopefully that part of his game can start to develop.
01-05-2018 03:05 PM

Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

Carver is really playing well defending and rebounding. Green is a freshman so he will be streaky. Hopefully he picks it up soon.

We will always have 2-3 starters in the game. (unless blowout) THey don't necessarily need to score a ton.
01-05-2018 03:05 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(01-05-2018 03:05 PM)ODU804 Wrote:  I would like to see what would happen if X could have a game where he hits his first shot to develop some confidence. It seems like for the last few games he has missed his first shot and then isn't as aggressive.

I am also a little surprised that he doesn't take the ball to the basket more than he does given his ability to handle the ball. When he does take it to the basket he relies on a floater (which Twardzik hates) which is a difficult shot falling rather than attacking the rim or pulling up for an open 8 footer. Hopefully that part of his game can start to develop.

I don't remember too many times any of our guys being aggressive going to the basket last night.
01-05-2018 03:09 PM
cmett003 Offline
1st String

Another night with 3 points from the bench vs NT. Need more if we want to beat WKU.
01-08-2018 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.