Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MHJ
Bookmark and Share
757ODU Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
MHJ
I would imagine he is going to spend the summer at ODU working on his frame and his game. The kid can definitely be special. Love a guy that can come into a game cold and light up the scoreboard. Excited about his future.
01-04-2018 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

AdoptedMonarch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: MHJ
Based only on the sparse p.t. that I've seen of him, MHJ reminds me a little bit of the Bugs Bunny character -- the "Tasmanian Devil". If you only are paying partial attention, out of the corner of your eye, he often appears to be out of position and out of control. But if you watch him closely, he is mostly always where he needs to be -- or at least he'll get in position in time to make a play. MHJ's engine simply runs at a higher r.p.m. than that of other players.

I don't know, because I don't attend practices and don't have any inside sources, but I don't buy the narrative that Coach Jones is so much of a control freak that he insists on squelching talent. Like Randy Haynes last year, MHJ will see the floor when his obvious talents warrant it.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2018 10:17 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
01-05-2018 10:07 AM
cmett003 Offline
1st String

Needs a full offseason in the weight room to put on 25 lbs.
01-05-2018 10:40 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

MHJ
Jones is old school. Freshmen simply will not get minutes unless absolutely necessary. I think that is all it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
01-05-2018 11:05 AM

mac Offline
1st String

Yep Ever. And that's the way at many, many,many schools too. Love the kid but he's behind several other guards in the pecking order. His time is coming. That was the first CUSA road game hes ever been on. Patience is needed.
01-05-2018 11:56 AM
757ODU Offline
1st String

(01-05-2018 11:56 AM)mac Wrote:  Yep Ever. And that's the way at many, many,many schools too. Love the kid but he's behind several other guards in the pecking order. His time is coming. That was the first CUSA road game hes ever been on. Patience is needed.

I think what everyone is frustrated about, is the fact that him or Godwin should have redshirted if they weren't going to get meaningful minutes.
01-05-2018 12:19 PM
mac Offline
1st String

Whose to say they won't get any minutes later. They are both seeing a lot of firsts. Heck Randy Haynes is just starting to get serious minutes . I know what you mean, would love to see him more but 11-3 says something to me. Would not be surprised to see Hueitt especially, get a few minutes during the second go round in CUSA.
01-05-2018 12:31 PM

757ODU Offline
1st String

(01-05-2018 12:31 PM)mac Wrote:  Whose to say they won't get any minutes later. They are both seeing a lot of firsts. Heck Randy Haynes is just starting to get serious minutes . I know what you mean, would love to see him more but 11-3 says something to me. Would not be surprised to see Hueitt especially, get a few minutes during the second go round in CUSA.

I agree with that. 11-3 is the most important part of all of this.
01-05-2018 01:04 PM
Maryland Monarch Offline
Special Teams

For the life of me, I can't see why he can't get some of X. Green's playing time. Green has been invisible the past month. I'm especially frustrated that JJ couldn't get him on the floor for some meaningful minutes in the December blow-outs. That's mind-boggling.

If MHJ doesn't play more in the future than he has thus far, it's been a completely wasted year of eligibility. The only justification would be that Jones is trying to forestall him from transferring.
01-05-2018 01:24 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
1st String

The only guard that is getting any playing time off the bench is Green - without counting the minute or two every other game that Pickney is getting.

It could all change in an instant if something caused either Caver, Haynes, BJ, or Green to be unable to play.
01-05-2018 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.