UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Murry Bartow handling color commentary with David Crane on tonight's FAU broadcast
UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
MyBB Murry Bartow handling color commentary with David Crane on tonight's FAU broadcast
This should be a must-listen. Murry has been at, at least, one home game (Bartow Classic) this season and now he's working color alongside David Crane.
This may just be resume padding for a future gig in NCAA basketball broadcast, but it will definitely be fun hearing his insight during the game.
01-04-2018 01:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
RE: Murry Bartow handling color commentary with David Crane on tonight's FAU broadcast
He was at the MTSU game last Saturday also.
01-04-2018 02:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the Dragon Offline
Heisman

RE: Murry Bartow handling color commentary with David Crane on tonight's FAU broadcast
He was also at the UAB Athletics Hall of Fame Banquet this fall, and his son works in the UAB Athletics Department.

I like having the Bartow family remaining close to UAB.
01-04-2018 03:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
This has to be a first. A fired coach comes back 15 years later to be on the broadcast team.
01-04-2018 04:48 PM
uabbean Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Murry Bartow handling color commentary broadcast
(01-04-2018 04:48 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This has to be a first. A fired coach comes back 15 years later to be on the broadcast team.
Not really - you do mot have to go far both Wimp and Sunny both have been hired at other state schools.

Also Murray Bartow (?2nd?) now works at UAB and is my B club rep. Introduced himself as Gene's grandson.
01-04-2018 05:02 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

(01-04-2018 05:02 PM)uabbean Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 04:48 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  This has to be a first. A fired coach comes back 15 years later to be on the broadcast team.
Not really - you do mot have to go far both Wimp and Sunny both have been hired at other state schools.

Also Murray Bartow (?2nd?) now works at UAB and is my B club rep. Introduced himself as Gene's grandson.

Alec Bartow.
01-04-2018 05:07 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-04-2018 05:02 PM)uabbean Wrote:  

Sonny wasn't fired. I forgot about wimp though. He was fired after hitting his secretary/girlfriend/woman he was cheating with. Amazingly he got a job soon after.
01-04-2018 05:25 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I know some of you have issues regard Murry Bartow. I, for one, am glad he is still around the program. I still would love to see him as AD instead of Mark Ingram.
01-04-2018 05:42 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
(01-04-2018 05:42 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  I know some of you have issues regard Murry Bartow. I, for one, am glad he is still around the program. I still would love to see him as AD instead of Mark Ingram.

+1

Or asst hc
01-04-2018 05:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

I don't have a problem with murry. I'm sure he has changed since he was coach here. I would not want the Murry of 2000 anywhere near the program as a coach or AD. Too much of a control freak. I mean he banned facial hair.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2018 06:07 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
01-04-2018 06:06 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I wonder if he'll do the road games with Crane more. Steve Mitchell does not seem to do those very often.
01-04-2018 07:29 PM
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(01-04-2018 07:29 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I wonder if he'll do the road games with Crane more. Steve Mitchell does not seem to do those very often.

He's good at commentary. I think he has done some TV games for some productions. Is he still living in Florida?
01-04-2018 07:31 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

Murry sounds like Gene on the radio.
01-04-2018 07:31 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(01-04-2018 07:31 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  Murry sounds like Gene on the radio.

yeah, kind of freaky. I'm waiting for a "There's no doubt"
01-04-2018 07:35 PM
UABfan1 Offline
Banned

I Root For:
He is better than Gene was on the radio. Gene was not great at radio.
01-04-2018 07:50 PM
FNblazer Online
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
I really enjoyed Murry on the radio. Maybe he can continue to do the road games with David.
01-04-2018 08:46 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

I really enjoyed Murry. Yes, he sounds a little like Gene.
01-04-2018 08:56 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(01-04-2018 08:46 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  I really enjoyed Murry on the radio. Maybe he can continue to do the road games with David.

They said he would be doing the remainder of the road games this season.
01-04-2018 09:29 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(01-04-2018 09:29 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 08:46 PM)FNblazer Wrote:  I really enjoyed Murry on the radio. Maybe he can continue to do the road games with David.

They said he would be doing the remainder of the road games this season.

I think he said that Mitchell will be doing some road games as well.
01-04-2018 09:40 PM
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

(01-04-2018 07:31 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(01-04-2018 07:29 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I wonder if he'll do the road games with Crane more. Steve Mitchell does not seem to do those very often.

He's good at commentary. I think he has done some TV games for some productions. Is he still living in Florida?

I think Murry and Tammy have moved back to Birmingham.
01-04-2018 10:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.