Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ Northern Illinois
Bookmark and Share
fallsdog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State @ Northern Illinois
The Flashes are in Dekalb tonight to open Mid American Conference play against the Huskies. Northern Illinois is 7-6 on the season and 5-1 at home. While they don't have any wins that jump off the page, they have defeated a handful of mid-majors and played decent games against Iowa, Iowa State and Marquette.

Leading the way for Northern Illinois is 6'0 guard Eugene German. The sophomore from 21st Century Charter School is averaging 19.4 points per night. Northern is also getting nice production from 6'4 junior Dante Thorpe who averages 12 points and is shooting just under 60% from the field.

The Huskies are guard oriented and although they have some big bodies on the roster, the scorers all seem to be 6'7 and under. Lets hope the Flashes are healthy and ready to play. Traditionally, this is the time of year when the lineup/rotation gets shaken up. Of course, if guys are not available who knows if thats even a possibility.

Its been said here before. Can't afford too many night where Jaylin Walker is 3-12 and De La Rosa picks up foul #3 before half. Looking forward to the conference season.

Go Flashes!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 11:33 AM by fallsdog.)
01-02-2018 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

FlashPan Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Kent State @ Northern Illinois
(01-02-2018 10:59 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  The Flashes are in Dekalb tonight to open Mid American Conference play against the Huskies. Northern Illinois is 7-6 on the season and 5-1 at home. While they don't have any wins that jump off the page, they have defeated a handful of mid-majors and played decent games against Iowa, Iowa State and Marquette.

Leading the way for Northern Illinois is 6'0 guard Eugene German. The sophomore from 21st Century Charter School is averaging 19.4 points per night. Northern is also getting nice production from 6'4 junior Dante Thorpe who averages 12 points and is shooting just under 60% from the field.

The Huskies are guard oriented and although they have some big bodies on the roster, the scorers all seem to be 6'7 and under. Lets hope the Flashes are healthy and ready to play. Traditionally, this is the time of year when the lineup/rotation gets shaken up. Of course, if guys are not available who knows if thats even a possibility.

Its been said here before. Can't afford too many night where Jaylin Walker is 3-12 and De La Rosa picks up foul #3 before half. Looking forward to the conference season.

Go Flashes!

What time does this game start? Says on NIU site 7 PM... that's in the central time zone and the Kent site says 7 also. Cant be the same.
01-02-2018 03:55 PM
ilovegymnast Offline
1st String

ESPN3 shows 8pm est
01-02-2018 04:43 PM
fallsdog Offline
1st String

8pm eastern standard. 7pm in Dekalb (central time zone)
01-02-2018 05:30 PM

anti-zip Online
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
1-11 start from three... sad to say that's what we should've expected.
01-02-2018 08:32 PM
Old School Flash Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-02-2018 08:32 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  1-11 start from three... sad to say that's what we should've expected.

Can't be Rob can't control these chuckers better than this? Hitting the boards hard but absolute brick tossers almost to a man...
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 09:05 PM by Old School Flash.)
01-02-2018 08:34 PM
Albert Flasher Offline
Water Engineer

So frustrating that Duling & Peterson continue to be a liability. What will it take for them to brake though the funk they are in?
01-02-2018 09:07 PM

anti-zip Online
1st String

(01-02-2018 09:07 PM)Albert Flasher Wrote:  So frustrating that Duling & Peterson continue to be a liability. What will it take for them to brake though the funk they are in?

I thought Duling looked ok in the first half. Active on the boards on both ends. Wish he wouldn't have missed that pair of free throws and handled that fast break better. I also felt Walker shouldn't have given him the ball in the fast break as quickly as he did though.
01-02-2018 09:12 PM
anti-zip Online
1st String

I didn't think this was possible... but I think Walker's shot selection has gotten worse this year.
01-02-2018 09:36 PM
Old School Flash Offline
Bench Warmer

Really hard to watch this. We just don't have a lot of talent. Allowing way too many offensive rebounds and Walker continuing to be "jack it up Jaylin"...
01-02-2018 09:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.