Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Class Act!
Bookmark and Share
AquaRocket Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Class Act!
UCF and now Nebraska HC Scott Frost is truly a class individual. He made his move up the ladder with dignity and respect for his UCF players. Hope coaches Campbell and Beckman watched and learned.

Sent from my XT1650 using CSNbbs mobile app
01-01-2018 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
RE: Class Act!
(01-01-2018 04:45 PM)AquaRocket Wrote:  UCF and now Nebraska HC Scott Frost is truly a class individual. He made his move up the ladder with dignity and respect for his UCF players. Hope coaches Campbell and Beckman watched and learned.

Yes. Great job by UCF and Coach Frost.
01-01-2018 04:48 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(01-01-2018 04:45 PM)AquaRocket Wrote:  UCF and now Nebraska HC Scott Frost is truly a class individual. He made his move up the ladder with dignity and respect for his UCF players. Hope coaches Campbell and Beckman watched and learned.

Uh, how? He took his entire staff to Nebraska. Literally everyone.

And before the AAC Championship game (so before he was even announced as Nebraska's new coach), his staff was telling UCF recruits that they would recruit them at Nebraska. Yea, that's classy.

Frost was doing the things that people here were crucifying Campbell for (even though there was no evidence he was already interviewing/looking ahead, only speculation). Frost was meeting with the Nebraska AD WEEKS before the AAC Championship game!
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 04:53 PM by MidnightBlueGold.)
01-01-2018 04:51 PM
AquaRocket Offline
2nd String

All coaches take the staff that they want with them. Frost finished what he started at UCF and didn't desert his team. Stark contrast to the coaches mentioned above and many others. Class act!

01-01-2018 04:57 PM

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Coaches are, understandably, a paranoid lot. Beckmann, Campbell et al were immediately on the spot at their new schools. Apparently they felt, or were told, they needed to devote every minute to their new school. Frost is in a different position, a returning hero who will get every opportunity at Nebraska and was in a much stronger position to dictate terms. Nevertheless, he chose the classy route and didn’t have to, so kudos.
01-01-2018 05:15 PM
bcunn3128 Online
All American

I Root For: U of Toledo
(01-01-2018 05:15 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Coaches are, understandably, a paranoid lot. Beckmann, Campbell et al were immediately on the spot at their new schools. Apparently they felt, or were told, they needed to devote every minute to their new school. Frost is in a different position, a returning hero who will get every opportunity at Nebraska and was in a much stronger position to dictate terms. Nevertheless, he chose the classy route and didn’t have to, so kudos.

I would add that nobody was surprised that Frost was the choice at Nebraska. Nobody. I have friends in Orlando and they knew, far before it was official, that Frost was gone. He was clearly the heir apparent the moment he set foot on the UCF campus. He fulfilled his end of the bargain by turning UCF into a winner. The Campbell and Iowa State courtship, however, was not really expected and caught folks in the Rocket football program & athletic department a bit off guard.
01-01-2018 05:21 PM
FrickerRon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Toledo
(01-01-2018 04:51 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

And before the AAC Championship game (so before he was even announced as Nebraska's new coach), his staff was telling UCF recruits that they would recruit them at Nebraska. Yea, that's classy.

Frost was doing the things that people here were crucifying Campbell for (even though there was no evidence he was already interviewing/looking ahead, only speculation). Frost was meeting with the Nebraska AD WEEKS before the AAC Championship game!

I agree, Frost didn't do UCF any favors. Who knows what is left at UCF for next year. I think the new coach will have his hands full trying to get players to come to UCF, also Matt Campbell is a class person and a GREAT coach. To bad MOB wouldn't come up with more money for Campbell's asst coaches. All you have to do is look at what they all did this season.
01-01-2018 08:37 PM

DetroitRocket Offline
All American

I Root For:
(01-01-2018 05:15 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Coaches are, understandably, a paranoid lot. Beckmann, Campbell et al were immediately on the spot at their new schools. Apparently they felt, or were told, they needed to devote every minute to their new school. Frost is in a different position, a returning hero who will get every opportunity at Nebraska and was in a much stronger position to dictate terms. Nevertheless, he chose the classy route and didn’t have to, so kudos.

Beckman should be paranoid.
01-01-2018 08:54 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(01-01-2018 08:54 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

Beckman should be paranoid.

Nah, they really ARE out to get him!
01-01-2018 09:03 PM
AquaRocket Offline
2nd String

(01-01-2018 08:37 PM)FrickerRon Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 04:51 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

I agree, Frost didn't do UCF any favors. Who knows what is left at UCF for next year. I think the new coach will have his hands full trying to get players to come to UCF, also Matt Campbell is a class person and a GREAT coach. To bad MOB wouldn't come up with more money for Campbell's asst coaches. All you have to do is look at what they all did this season.
Lol! MC had accepted the ISU job before the WMU game that year. MOB offered more dollars but MC and his agent turned it down. Coaches come and go... Just refreshing to see one that moves on with class.

01-02-2018 07:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: gameman07, 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.