Total 94 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Extension or No extension ? Poll
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Exclamation Extension or No extension ? Poll
I guess it’s time to see what Coach Carey’s approval rating is...... I’ve given him the benefit of a doubt before, but IMO he’s gotten better at recruiting but not as a coach.... You can agree to disagree. Lol
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 12:54 PM by BDB5yp.)
12-31-2017 12:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Shue93 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Extension or No extension ? Poll
Yes unless you have someone in waiting who is also able to keep some of the top assistants. They really did a good job recruiting this year and have a good culture. Don't want to lose that.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 02:12 PM by Shue93.)
12-31-2017 02:11 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Absolutely not. I can't wait until he and Montgomery hit the trail. If either gets an extension, I'm done.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 02:38 PM by Dog Fan.)
12-31-2017 02:36 PM
bikechuck Offline
Heisman

Carey needs to leave just as soon as NIU can afford to say goodbye. He was in over his head when he was hired and he has not grown into the job.

He is terrible at evaluating talent and he makes poor in game decisions.
12-31-2017 04:59 PM

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
If they itch to give someone an extension, make it Lisa Carlsen. She's a wonderful person and is a superb coach, as she was at Lewis University.
12-31-2017 05:03 PM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
2nd String

Extension? Monty and Carey (and yes, even Lisa) should be day to day like most of the rest of us. When the contracts expire then they can chat on a one year deal. In many respects they are only here due to the dire straits of the state.

Frazier, as well. STF has been rumored to be looking or have interviewed elsewhere. It’s not like anyone has snatched him up either.

There is no threat of anyone grabbing Carey or Monty from NIU.
12-31-2017 05:23 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(12-31-2017 05:23 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  Extension? Monty and Carey (and yes, even Lisa) should be day to day like most of the rest of us. When the contracts expire then they can chat on a one year deal. In many respects they are only here due to the dire straits of the state.

Frazier, as well. STF has been rumored to be looking or have interviewed elsewhere. It’s not like anyone has snatched him up either.

There is no threat of anyone grabbing Carey or Monty from NIU.

STF probably thought we would have built the Master Plan, won an access bowl, and make the NCAA tourney by now.

Sadly the state budget crisis and lack of enthusiasm by the fan base led to no momentum on that Plan and both men sports have regressed under Carey and Monty.
12-31-2017 05:30 PM

NIUfrank Online
Bench Warmer

No sane person can think he's doing a good job. I'd use a pg word to describe Carey but apparently this is the BYU board and I've been warned. Haha
12-31-2017 06:42 PM
JKHuskie45 Online
Water Engineer

I am mixed on how I feel about Carey, but to play devils advocate I will make an argument for him as being a good (not great) coach...

1. Career Record 44-24 (.647 winning pct), (before you go saying it is the MAC, exactly, he is getting MAC talent and winning)
2. I believe he has a winning record in the Big 10 with historic wins at Nebraska and at Northwestern.
3. Great Recruiter (last 2 years have been really good classes). Cleaned up with Chicago talent and has gotten some alot 3 star players including an ALL American.

Is it possible that the "NEW coach" could be worse? I can see this as Mark Trestman replaces Lovie Smith situation.
Lovie was run out of town when he got us to a Super Bowl and playoffs year in and year out (Bear fans how does that sound right about now?). Only to be replaced by Mark Trestman (who went on to destroy the team)

That being said, I see Carey's short comings like not winning a Bowl or being smug with the media. But reading the board you would thing he was Jim Tomsula , Mark Trestman and Hue Jackson combined in one. Just something to think about.
12-31-2017 08:45 PM
schaden Offline
Water Engineer

+1
12-31-2017 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.