Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NM
Bookmark and Share
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
NM
NM
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 03:49 PM by Boca Rocket.)
12-30-2017 03:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: NM
Two letters in the title.
Two letters in the opening post.

and you had to edit?

03-wink
12-30-2017 04:01 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
NMSU
12-30-2017 04:03 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The fandom life really dies down once football ends...especially the way Toledo football ended its season, I haven't had much of an interest in the other bowl games.
12-30-2017 04:09 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Even the high a win would have brought would die down quickly. I did enjoy the Iowa St-Memphis game. What a crowd.
12-30-2017 04:28 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-30-2017 03:43 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  NM

Started to rant about a couple of questionable calls late in the Iowa State-Memphis game.Decided to delete my post, but it wouldn't allow me to. I already saw Miami U get homered a few times in Columbus when they got within 3 points. So I was already upset by questionable calls they happened again late in Liberty Bowl, a Memphis home game.

My NM is not referring to New Mexico, Nautical Mile, or Nanometer, but Never Mind this thread.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 05:12 PM by Boca Rocket.)
12-30-2017 05:11 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, that "TD" call?

Other boards have threads about other stuff, particularly bowls. Rant away. Not many places to get opinions from people who have actually played at the college level.

Kentucky-NW game both bizaree and entertaining. I counted 55 Ohio players: 33 Kentucky and 22 NW.

Had a debate on another board about that targeting call in the Kentucky-NW game. Most thought good clean hard hit. I though they got it right because the tackler tipped his head down just before the hit, whereas if he'd gone in face-mask first, he'd been fine. The tackler was even on the sidelines trying to get the kinks our of his neck but the "anti-targeting" crowd was having none of it.

Now that ejection on the other hand....
12-30-2017 05:24 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
will continue to argue that replay has been the worst thing to happen to sport in this era. takes so much excitement out of the game by stopping everything whenever there is a big moment. and then the replay is as ikely to get it wrong as right. The Iowa St td review was awful. the runner did juggle the handoff, but then got control crossed the plane and about 2 feet into the end zone had the ball dislodged. as for college bball officiating, it is nearly impossible to go on the road as a mid major and beat a good high major on their court. the officiating is consistently game changing. you have to be much better to win. 90% of close calls will go to the home team. there's a reason why the high majors stopped playing road games non-conf, because they were losing a lot of them. you want to talk about why MAC bball is down, don't forget that a generation ago MAC teams got 1 or 2 games a year at home against good non-conf teams. they would boost the resume, excite fans, be great for recruiting visits,e tc... now your best hope is to get into an exempt preseason tourney that gives you a chance to face a couple of those teams on a neutral court in front of 400 fans.

I'm also a little overloaded with sports on tv. Will admit that hour this morning when I had the tv on with Louisville-Miss St bowl game going to the wire, Iowa St-Memphis a 1 point game, great bball battles with Duke-FSU and Depaul-Xavier... all happening at once was pretty epic.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2017 06:40 PM by pono.)
12-30-2017 06:37 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-30-2017 06:37 PM)pono Wrote:  I'm also a little overloaded with sports on tv. Will admit that hour this morning when I had the tv on with Louisville-Miss St bowl game going to the wire, Iowa St-Memphis a 1 point game, great bball battles with Duke-FSU and Depaul-Xavier... all happening at once was pretty epic.

It was this afternoon. 03-wink
12-30-2017 07:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.