Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JORDAN LYNCH new Head coach Mt. Carmel
Bookmark and Share
HUSKiESbelieve Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
JORDAN LYNCH new Head coach Mt. Carmel
Good Luck Jordan! Hope this builds a good relationship with NIU and the high school powerhouse Mt. Carmel.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 07:29 PM by HUSKiESbelieve.)
12-29-2017 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HUSKiESbelieve Offline
2nd String

RE: JORDAN LYNCH new Head coach Mt. Carmel
better things to come for NIU! Let's show our continued support of the program even after the disappointing bowl losses.
12-29-2017 07:30 PM
Dtownboys Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Good for him. It will be tough to follow in the footsteps of their legendary coach but Lynch is a worker. I wish him the best and hope Mt Carmel can be a pipe line to niu.
12-29-2017 08:25 PM
HuskieDave Offline
1st String

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(12-29-2017 08:25 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  Good for him. It will be tough to follow in the footsteps of their legendary coach but Lynch is a worker. I wish him the best and hope Mt Carmel can be a pipe line to niu.

Lenti's son is the DC. Really is kind of an awkward situation.
12-29-2017 08:49 PM

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(12-29-2017 08:49 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 08:25 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  Good for him. It will be tough to follow in the footsteps of their legendary coach but Lynch is a worker. I wish him the best and hope Mt Carmel can be a pipe line to niu.

Dave, the DC under Frank, is his brother.
12-29-2017 10:02 PM
HuskieDave Offline
1st String

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(12-29-2017 10:02 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 08:49 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  [quote='Dtownboys' pid='14939755' dateline='1514597149']
Good for him. It will be tough to follow in the footsteps of their legendary coach but Lynch is a worker. I wish him the best and hope Mt Carmel can be a pipe line to niu.

[/quote

Thanks for the correction. Does he also have a son on the staff?
12-29-2017 10:07 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(12-29-2017 10:07 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 10:02 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 08:49 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  [quote='Dtownboys' pid='14939755' dateline='1514597149']

[/quote

Thanks for the correction. Does he also have a son on the staff?

This was from last year. I knew he was in video....

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illin...ti-jr.html
12-29-2017 10:18 PM

thehappyhuskie Offline
1st String

Boy is it an awkward situation over there for Mt Carmel. Lenti is claiming he wasn't ready to step down. Alumni are all roused up.
12-29-2017 11:07 PM
NIUfrank Offline
2nd String

(12-29-2017 11:07 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  Boy is it an awkward situation over there for Mt Carmel. Lenti is claiming he wasn't ready to step down. Alumni are all roused up.

Wow really? I'm surprised he said that even if he thought it. Have they won lately? Maybe game was passing him by?
12-29-2017 11:21 PM
NJTB Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-29-2017 11:21 PM)NIUfrank Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 11:07 PM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  Boy is it an awkward situation over there for Mt Carmel. Lenti is claiming he wasn't ready to step down. Alumni are all roused up.

Wow really? I'm surprised he said that even if he thought it. Have they won lately? Maybe game was passing him by?

If the game was passing him by, he wouldn't have finished the season 9-4 in 2017 and wouldn't have lost by a score in the state semifinals to undefeated Lake Zurich.

True, MC missed the playoffs last year for the first time in decades, but their conference was one of the best in the state. True, they had the breaks beat off them by other rival schools this year. It's probably true they lost out on other talent due to the nature of their option offense and the desire of parents and others to have their kids learn a pro-style to get to the NFL, as if that should be the main reason why they play the sport in the first place This explains it in more detail:

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com...nt-carmel/

If they were pushing him out due to abuse or illegal conduct, it would be one thing. But Lenti won 11 state titles. 374 games. Other than a IHSA suspension a few years back for improperly inviting potential students/recruits to a playoff game, which the school admitted to, he hasn't been accused of massive wrongdoing. Nobody is bigger than the school, but he more than earned the right to go out on his own terms. Shame on Mount Carmel.

As for Jordan, he obviously wants to be a head coach, he's young enough to relate to the kids, and it's his alma mater. With Carey's long-term future undecided, it's an understandable move. But he has to follow a HOF legend and a situation that became toxic fast. That's impossible for most to handle. If I were him, I would not want anything to do with such a completely unfair decision on my former coach, but that's for Jordan to explain, not me.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a co-worker who is married to somebody on staff at MC, but I have never met him and other than going to an occasional HS game where they play in Chicago, I have no other ties to the school.
12-30-2017 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.