Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
[Image: 33bmg5d.jpg]

Banning Barack, it’s fracking good.

Quote:President Donald Trump’s administration will give a belated gift to American energy producers and repeal former President Barack Obama-era regulations for hydraulic fracturing operations on federal lands.

The Interior Department is expected to publish a repeal of the rule in the Federal Register on Friday, and already the oil and gas industry are celebrating. Producers challenged were locked in court battles over the rule since it was finalized in 2015.

“It was clear from the start that the federal rule was redundant with state regulation and politically motivated, as the prior administration could not point to one incident or regulatory gap that justified the rule,” Kathleen Sgamma, president of Western Energy Alliance, said in a statement.

Interior will publish the repeal of the rule two days after the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed an attempt to revive the Obama-era regulation. The court gave Interior until mid-January to repeal the rule.

Keep reading here...
12-28-2017 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: Trump Is About To Repeal Obama-Era ‘Fracking’ Regulations
YES!

Still not tired..
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 09:44 PM by Kronke.)
12-28-2017 09:44 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
$$$ @poundcake
12-28-2017 09:48 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(12-28-2017 09:44 PM)Kronke Wrote:  YES!

Still not tired..

He can't overturned the states on this issue. We have stopped Fracking here in Arkansas, and the earthquakes have stopped. This state is Republican leaning right now that did this. They are doing studies on this issue. Wyoming is looking at this issue as they found the fluids from fracking to bust the rocks have been found in the water shed tables there which is harmful to people, farmers, ranchers, cattle, horses and others. The water people in that state getting from their water wells have been flaminable. Not safe to drink. Even some of that have found the way into the rivers and creeks in Wyoming. It is not winning. It is losing for for everybody if Trump does this. Even some energy companies have stopped to do studies on the harm fracking is doing.
12-29-2017 11:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(12-29-2017 11:39 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Still not tired..

He can't overturned the states on this issue. We have stopped Fracking here in Arkansas, and the earthquakes have stopped. This state is Republican leaning right now that did this. They are doing studies on this issue. Wyoming is looking at this issue as they found the fluids from fracking to bust the rocks have been found in the water shed tables there which is harmful to people, farmers, ranchers, cattle, horses and others. The water people in that state getting from their water wells have been flaminable. Not safe to drink. Even some of that have found the way into the rivers and creeks in Wyoming. It is not winning. It is losing for for everybody if Trump does this. Even some energy companies have stopped to do studies on the harm fracking is doing.

The earthquakes have stopped! The waters have receded! Thank you, Obama!

[Image: im-not-saying-its-fracking-but-fracking.jpg]
12-29-2017 11:49 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis

Still not tired..

What about the 3 earthquakes in Arkansas that were recorded in the past couple of weeks? Do those count?
12-29-2017 11:53 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
What should happen is the oil companies should impose an anti-fracking fee in the states that ban it. They shouldn't be able to benefit from the lower prices that fracking provides.
12-29-2017 12:12 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(12-29-2017 12:12 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  What should happen is the oil companies should impose an anti-fracking fee in the states that ban it. They shouldn't be able to benefit from the lower prices that fracking provides.

amen to that!

but muh solar and clean energy....which I still support where economically viable....

talk about a mass exodus that would occur on foot wearing a turban (not to be confused with a turbine engine)

frack those dipshites.......
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2017 12:18 PM by stinkfist.)
12-29-2017 12:17 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

Still not tired..

Im not sold on this technology. All I know is I would not want it done close to me. I suppose it is ok in unpopulated places..but...there seems to be evidence it causes problems in populated areas. Id rather we not have to resort to this personally.
12-31-2017 11:18 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
How could anyone who didn’t eat lead paint as a kid cheer this? How freaking stupid do you have to be to want to bypass regulations that check or monitor safe drinking water? Honest to goodness. Who would support that? Yeah..... we’re winning! We want to undermine the safe drinking water act!
12-31-2017 11:30 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Lulz.

Drama queen radio. Commercial free all day everyday.
12-31-2017 11:33 AM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(12-31-2017 11:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  How could anyone who didn’t eat lead paint as a kid cheer this? How freaking stupid do you have to be to want to bypass regulations that check or monitor safe drinking water? Honest to goodness. Who would support that? Yeah..... we’re winning! We want to undermine the safe drinking water act!

How'd that safe drinking water act turn out for Detroit?

Muh Democratic gov't success!!!!!
12-31-2017 11:37 AM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer

Still not tired..

Republican leaning??? The Republicans hold all Federal Congressional and Senate offices. They own the State House of Representatives and the State Senate. They own all of the Constitutional state offices including Govenor. You consider this just leaning? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-31-2017 11:43 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
It’s Flint brainiac not Detroit.
12-31-2017 11:46 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(12-31-2017 11:46 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It’s Flint brainiac not Detroit.

Same difference, but thanks. But yeah, you're right I got that one wrong.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2017 12:16 PM by B_Hawk06.)
12-31-2017 12:04 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(12-31-2017 11:30 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  How could anyone who didn’t eat lead paint as a kid cheer this? How freaking stupid do you have to be to want to bypass regulations that check or monitor safe drinking water? Honest to goodness. Who would support that? Yeah..... we’re winning! We want to undermine the safe drinking water act!

Mach...This is direct result of the failure of government to use "common sense" in the application of regulations. Instead of weighing the issues and designing policies that result in protecting public safety while not destroying industry and throwing up barriers to progress...it puts out "one size fits all" regulations. What we end up is the constant hyperbolic extremes in policy from one gang to the other depending on who is currently in power. Surely some level of compromise could be reached in issues like this. For starters?...Very limited fracking in populated areas and REAL studies done on the impact of such technologies.
12-31-2017 12:13 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
So repealing FRACKING regulations means no one can test drinking water anymore? Learn something incredibly not true everyday.
12-31-2017 01:05 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

Still not tired..

Don't think there's a single thing you have right in your entire post.
12-31-2017 01:08 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
This was another political move designed by Obama to slow economic progress in Republican leaning states. Republican success means less Democrat votes.
12-31-2017 03:08 PM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
They set (GOP state gov.) the table for it here in NC. Then they never came. Market made it a poor business move. We've got enough problems with coal ash and GenX, so hopefully it stays that way. If it does it will be about 20 miles from me and upstream from the water supply for a huge portion of the state, from Sanford to Wilmington. NIMBY
12-31-2017 03:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.