Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC Top 25
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
MyBB AAC Top 25
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

AP Poll is out. Shox roar up three spots to #8. Cincy slides down one spot to #21.

That's all for now... 02-13-banana

T

...03-cool
12-25-2017 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
AAC Top 25
(12-25-2017 02:21 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

AP Poll is out. Shox roar up three spots to #8. Cincy slides down one spot to #21.

T

I don’t understand why we dropped a spot. We’ve not lost a home game. We crushed ucla on the road who then beat UK. And we’ve killed every bad team we’ve played unlike other teams in our conference.

Either way, UC plays better as an under dog. Can’t wait for the conference season to kick off

Also love to know why any team who loses on their home floor deserves to be top 10? I mean at minimum Oklahoma needs to be above Wichita state. And TCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2017 02:37 PM by justinhub2003.)
12-25-2017 02:35 PM
Windiwu Offline
Water Engineer

RE: AAC Top 25
(12-25-2017 02:21 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

T

...03-cool

05-stirthepot I think ya must be bored today Cold? Make sure you watch the Aggies this afternoon. They are playing the defense we will hope to see next Saturday. It was amazingly refreshing to see what they did to Miami.
12-25-2017 02:42 PM
AndShock Offline
1st String

(12-25-2017 02:35 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

T

I don’t understand why we dropped a spot. We’ve not lost a home game. We crushed ucla on the road who then beat UK. And we’ve killed every bad team we’ve played unlike other teams in our conference.

Either way, UC plays better as an under dog. Can’t wait for the conference season to kick off

Also love to know why any team who loses on their home floor deserves to be top 10? I mean at minimum Oklahoma needs to be above Wichita state. And TCU

Because flagship, media darling, etc.
12-25-2017 02:43 PM
Windiwu Offline
Water Engineer

Shockers didn't actually lose on their home floor. They lost at Intrust Arena where we play one game a year. The home court advantage at Intrust is no where near what Koch Arena produces. Even so, Oklahoma is really /for real/ and I would not be surprised to see them finish league ahead of KU. I have no idea why they are rising so slowly in the polls.
12-25-2017 02:51 PM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
I wonder if ucf had been able to pull off those games against Missouri and St. John's if we'd possibly be ranked .
12-25-2017 03:36 PM
Advertisement

Wheatshock Offline
Aviation Addict

I Root For: Wichita
(12-25-2017 03:36 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  I wonder if ucf had been able to pull off those games against Missouri and St. John's if we'd possibly be ranked .
I bet you'd at least be receiving votes.

My hope for the future is for the AAC to consistently have 3-4 ranked teams.
12-25-2017 07:05 PM
SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

I Root For: $$$$MU
(12-25-2017 02:42 PM)Windiwu Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

05-stirthepot I think ya must be bored today Cold? Make sure you watch the Aggies this afternoon. They are playing the defense we will hope to see next Saturday. It was amazingly refreshing to see what they did to Miami.

NMSU coach was a Shocker assistant? They play hard.
12-25-2017 07:10 PM
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

(12-25-2017 02:35 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  

T

You have little education on how poll mechanics work apparently.

And btw, it wasn’t on our home floor.

Salt on.
12-25-2017 07:11 PM
SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

(12-25-2017 02:51 PM)Windiwu Wrote:  Shockers didn't actually lose on their home floor. They lost at Intrust Arena where we play one game a year. The home court advantage at Intrust is no where near what Koch Arena produces. Even so, Oklahoma is really /for real/ and I would not be surprised to see them finish league ahead of KU. I have no idea why they are rising so slowly in the polls.

07-coffee3

Here we go again with the home, not home crap. It’s getting old. And before you waste even more bandwidth.... we get the rule.
12-25-2017 07:15 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

Today's AP top 25 poll must have felt like a lump of coal in the stocking for some on here. I do apologize for the timing being Christmas and all. But perhaps everybody is up to speed and we're all on the same page now. Wichita State played nobody last week and didn't even win convincingly, but our program is so widely known, that we received a strong bump in the polls for the single fact that Markis McDuffie returned to active duty. The college basketball world doesn't just watch our games or check the score ticker, they are also intimately familiar with our roster and who is injured or returning. This would be a characteristic of a National Power.

T

...03-cool
12-25-2017 09:03 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(12-25-2017 09:03 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Today's AP top 25 poll must have felt like a lump of coal in the stocking for some on here. I do apologize for the timing being Christmas and all. But perhaps everybody is up to speed and we're all on the same page now. Wichita State played nobody last week and didn't even win convincingly, but our program is so widely known, that we received a strong bump in the polls for the single fact that Markis McDuffie returned to active duty. The college basketball world doesn't just watch our games or check the score ticker, they are also intimately familiar with our roster and who is injured or returning. This would be a characteristic of a National Power.

T

...03-cool

AAC winks... You're welcome
12-25-2017 09:16 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
I had hashbrown casserole for breakfast today.
12-25-2017 09:20 PM
shockerfan13 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-25-2017 09:16 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 09:03 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Today's AP top 25 poll must have felt like a lump of coal in the stocking for some on here. I do apologize for the timing being Christmas and all. But perhaps everybody is up to speed and we're all on the same page now. Wichita State played nobody last week and didn't even win convincingly, but our program is so widely known, that we received a strong bump in the polls for the single fact that Markis McDuffie returned to active duty. The college basketball world doesn't just watch our games or check the score ticker, they are also intimately familiar with our roster and who is injured or returning. This would be a characteristic of a National Power.

T

...03-cool

Actually you are welcome AAC. Shox are keeping ya in the spotlight. Its what we do. 05-stirthepot
12-25-2017 10:43 PM
Wheatshock Offline
Aviation Addict

I Root For: Wichita
(12-25-2017 07:10 PM)SadderBudweiser Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

He was an assistant for a long time. Chris Jans is a tactical genius and was a huge part of WSU's success the last few years.

I believe some of our struggles this year are due to Jans departure. We haven't been as quick to adjust to what the opponent is doing this year as we have in the past and the adjustments also haven't been as effective. I can't prove it but i'm pretty sure that's part of our problem this year.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2017 11:09 PM by Wheatshock.)
12-25-2017 11:08 PM
leofrog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

T

...03-cool
So, the strong bump (3 spots) in the polls had nothing to do with 3 teams above y’all losing, but everything to do with WSU being a national power? Right!
12-26-2017 12:31 AM
Advertisement

SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

(12-25-2017 11:08 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

He was an assistant for a long time. Chris Jans is a tactical genius and was a huge part of WSU's success the last few years.

I believe some of our struggles this year are due to Jans departure. We haven't been as quick to adjust to what the opponent is doing this year as we have in the past and the adjustments also haven't been as effective. I can't prove it but i'm pretty sure that's part of our problem this year.

Ok. Got it.

I really enjoyed watching them play. They will make life miserable for someone in the tourney. Given the coaching turnover at NMSU I’m guessing he inherited most of that team. But then given WSU’s recent past I’ll also guess he can recruit?

Conclusion: Jans is a good candidate for a higher profile job. You listening UCONN?

Btw: someone on another board suggested that Jans’ salary is 300k???? Christ.... Freshman 5-stars at Louisville make that.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2017 08:51 AM by SadderBudweiser.)
12-26-2017 08:49 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(12-26-2017 08:49 AM)SadderBudweiser Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 11:08 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Ok. Got it.

I really enjoyed watching them play. They will make life miserable for someone in the tourney. Given the coaching turnover at NMSU I’m guessing he inherited most of that team. But then given WSU’s recent past I’ll also guess he can recruit?

Conclusion: Jans is a good candidate for a higher profile job. You listening UCONN?

Btw: someone on another board suggested that Jans’ salary is 300k???? Christ.... Freshman 5-stars at Louisville make that.

Marshall's already interviewing for the UCONN job after the game this week.
12-26-2017 09:02 AM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
AAC Top 25
The AP poll isn’t fixing WSU’s whack ass defense

12-26-2017 09:04 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
(12-25-2017 10:43 PM)shockerfan13 Wrote:  
(12-25-2017 09:16 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  

T

...03-cool

Actually you are welcome AAC. Shox are keeping ya in the spotlight. Its what we do. 05-stirthepot

Just keep doing your way and not the University 6 way....
12-26-2017 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.