Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Birmingham Bowl (Game Thread) .... GO Bulls!
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
USF defends their Birmingham Bowl title versus the Texas Tech Red Raiders!

Go Bulls! Beat Tech! 02-13-banana

This is a classic "good record vs tough schedule" matchup. USF is 9-2, but played the #110 schedule (Sagarin). Texas Tech is just 6-6, but played the #19 schedule, including games vs Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, and West Virginia. Both teams struggled down the stretch, losing multiple games the last month of the season after hot starts.

The one common opponent favors Texas Tech: The Red Raiders defeated Houston 27-24, while the Bulls fell to Houston (we don't want to regurgitate that fiasco).

Should be an exciting game, a shootout, as both teams scored a lot this season while also giving up a lot of points when facing high-flying offenses. USF is a 3-point favorite because it's D hasn't been quite as bad, but it also hasn't been challenged as often as Tech's has in the run and gun Big 12.

Let's go Bulls !!! 02-13-banana
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 06:26 AM by quo vadis.)
12-23-2017 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
RE: *** Birmingham Bowl (Game Thread) .... GO Bulls!
For the love of all things holy, kick their ass!
12-23-2017 06:58 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Go Bulls!
12-23-2017 07:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Bowl games for the AAC are not meaningless - especially against P-5 schools. Go Bulls!
12-23-2017 07:44 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-23-2017 06:58 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  For the love of all things holy, kick their ass!

That's the game plan: DOMINATION from the opening kickoff! 02-13-banana
12-23-2017 09:04 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Go get em Bulls.
12-23-2017 09:12 AM
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
Root for USF or root against Quo?

That is the question.
12-23-2017 09:15 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I’m honestly considering cheering for USF but the thing giving me the biggest pause is knowing that Quo would just be back here more insufferable than ever, trying to assert that USF is actually the best team in the conference once again
12-23-2017 09:18 AM
UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Every single AAC fan should blow up Tech’s AD and the CFP committee on Twitter if USF wins. Let’s melt Twitter. I hope USF absolutely embarrasses him.
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2017 09:23 AM by UCF-ENG.)
12-23-2017 09:21 AM
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

Hoping USF utterly destroy the little hijos from Lubbock.

GO BULLS. BEAT THE TORTILLAS! 04-rock
12-23-2017 10:24 AM
thespiritof1976 Offline
Ancient Alien Theorist

I Root For: Zeti Reticuli
I wouldn't mind seeing that smug and arrogant look on Kliff Kingsburys face get wiped off.

Little twerp thinks he is a model or an actor.
12-23-2017 10:29 AM
Advertisement

Downtown Shocker Brown Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Wichita State
A lot of Bull fans at my hotel here in Birmingham this morning. One even recognized my Shocker hat.

Go Bulls.
12-23-2017 10:31 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
GO BULLS! KILL TECH!
12-23-2017 11:03 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-23-2017 09:18 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  I’m honestly considering cheering for USF but the thing giving me the biggest pause is knowing that Quo would just be back here more insufferable than ever, trying to assert that USF is actually the best team in the conference once again

Let's face it: We probably are the best team. UCF beat us by the slightest of margins, we out-gained and out-played you, despite you playing at home and us getting hammered by the refs with double-digit penalties.

On a neutral field, we probably win. College football is strange in that you don't get to play each team enough times and under equal conditions, so sometimes a team lucks out and those biases allow them to win.
12-23-2017 11:09 AM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(12-23-2017 11:09 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-23-2017 09:18 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  I’m honestly considering cheering for USF but the thing giving me the biggest pause is knowing that Quo would just be back here more insufferable than ever, trying to assert that USF is actually the best team in the conference once again

Let's face it: We probably are the best team. UCF beat us by the slightest of margins, we out-gained and out-played you, despite you playing at home and us getting hammered by the refs with double-digit penalties.

On a neutral field, we probably win. College football is strange in that you don't get to play each team enough times and under equal conditions, so sometimes a team lucks out and those biases allow them to win.

[Image: NeNeLaugh.gif]
12-23-2017 11:13 AM
UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

(12-23-2017 11:13 AM)HuskyU Wrote:  

Lolz
12-23-2017 11:30 AM
Advertisement

Limebull Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF/Alabama

Honestly, it doesnt sound that farfetched. USF could have easily won against UCF @ their stadium.
12-23-2017 11:33 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(12-23-2017 11:33 AM)Limebull Wrote:  

Honestly, it doesnt sound that farfetched. USF could have easily won against UCF @ their stadium.

Would have been home field for UCF too
12-23-2017 11:36 AM
Limebull Offline
2nd String

I Root For: USF/Alabama
(12-23-2017 11:36 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(12-23-2017 11:33 AM)Limebull Wrote:  

Would have been home field for UCF too

1. I'm saying that USF could have won @ UCF's stadium
2. USF has more fans than UCF
12-23-2017 11:38 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
You know, I think Temple could have and should have beat UCF this year. If we hadn’t given up 45 points and 5 turnovers and if we had scored more than 19 we would have been right there in the Peach Bowl.

But we didn’t. And neither did USF.
12-23-2017 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.