Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New signing rules and scholarships to give
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
New signing rules and scholarships to give
I should just ask Chad but I wanted to try the calculus on my own first. This has been bugging me...so here goes.

The new adopted legislation limits to 25 the total number of recruits or transfers whose aid is initially offered by that school in the fall term of an academic year. Before, rules only limited to 25 the number of prospects allowed to sign from Dec. 1 through May 31. After that date, transfers and new additions to the roster just impacted the 85 total scholarship rule.

From the NCAA:

Quote:Football Bowl Subdivision schools are limited to signing 25 prospective and current student-athletes to a first-time financial aid agreement or a National Letter of Intent. Exceptions exclude current student-athletes who have been enrolled full-time at the school for at least two years and prospective or current student-athletes who suffer an incapacitating injury (effective for recruits who sign after Aug. 1, 2017).

Back dating is still ok apparently according to Steve Witfong’s article.

UC signed 19 in 2017’s class, had 1 grey shirt and 3 no-shows. Before May 31st, UC brought in 2 undergrad transfers (Johnson and Tucky) unless I missed others. They also brought in Smith from Australia and the two grad transfers in the summer. No idea which class those 3 count towards. Let’s assume 2017. Smith and JaQuay showed up after August 1st so they may be 2018 guys.

If those all applied to last year’s 25 limitation or could be backdated, we maxed out and have no room to back date any of these upcoming early enrollees.

We have already signed 20 this class and are waiting on Manac as the 21st. Now we have a grad transfer which gets us to 22. Figure they may pocket one just in case a transfer shakes loose or a difference maker recruit ends up on our doorstep...if so, we have 2 more open scholarships to give between now and next December. Figure an OL and a OLB.

Does my steam of consciousness make sense or did I miss someone?

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2017 06:30 PM by rath v2.0.)
12-21-2017 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.