Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Santa speaks
Bookmark and Share
murph83 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Santa speaks
DS saying all the right things. So are Carey and Childers.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/lists/201...xml?page=1
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017 10:50 PM by murph83.)
12-13-2017 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
RE: Santa speaks
I thought Santa should have gotten a series or two in the second half at CMU when we needed a spark. Regardless I wish him nothing but the best going forward.
12-13-2017 10:36 PM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
With what so many are saying, next year it will ultimately be Hall at QB. That had to be a factor. One thing is for sure, it was a quick and definitive decision Carey made. Watched Santa’s highlight film. The kid made plays in his limited time. Wish him well.

https://t.co/fiXY2vOEwU
12-13-2017 10:50 PM
OldPhiKap Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Duke
Seems like a good kid. Wish him well. Sports is brutally competitive, and football differs from basketball in that you are either in or you are out — you don’t really get 5o come off the bench and prove yourself.
12-13-2017 10:50 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Santa is a class act and was by far the best QB on the team this past year. I will never understand coach Carey and his inability to see the obvious. Carey is a "safe player" and safe is death when it comes to offense in just about any sport.
12-13-2017 11:07 PM
Dtownboys Offline
1st String

(12-13-2017 10:50 PM)Djud Wrote:  With what so many are saying, next year it will ultimately be Hall at QB. That had to be a factor. One thing is for sure, it was a quick and definitive decision Carey made. Watched Santa’s highlight film. The kid made plays in his limited time. Wish him well.

I'm not sure why you think it's Hall next year for sure. Childers won the freshman of the year award so if Hall gets the job and struggles, Carey will look bad. Childers needs to improve his deep passing. Santa turned out to be the best deep ball threat at qb. I too was surprised he got benched so quickly. I still think we had a better shot at winning the BC game and Toledo game if he would have come in at qb. However, turnovers were bad and I understand making the change. Does anyone know if he had a problem with turnovers in practice? That would make even more sense then.
12-13-2017 11:10 PM
Advertisement

MiamiHuskie Offline
All American

The sight of Santa coming off the field after the Nebraska victory was priceless. I wish him well, thought he should have been the QB at NIU,
12-13-2017 11:10 PM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2017 10:19 PM)murph83 Wrote:  DS saying all the right things. So are Carey and Childers.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/lists/201...xml?page=1

what a class act and awesome teammate.04-cheers

check out the other DC article/link : Michigan & other Huskies look forward to bowl game--- found at end of Santa interview 07-coffee3
12-14-2017 12:00 AM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Class act, would have like to have seen more of Santa, but Childers is on a nice path, hopefully this all works out for Santa and NIU....
Beat Duke
12-14-2017 12:23 AM
NIUTrekker Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2017 11:10 PM)Dtownboys Wrote:  
(12-13-2017 10:50 PM)Djud Wrote:  With what so many are saying, next year it will ultimately be Hall at QB. That had to be a factor. One thing is for sure, it was a quick and definitive decision Carey made. Watched Santa’s highlight film. The kid made plays in his limited time. Wish him well.

I'm not sure why you think it's Hall next year for sure. Childers won the freshman of the year award so if Hall gets the job and struggles, Carey will look bad. Childers needs to improve his deep passing. Santa turned out to be the best deep ball threat at qb. I too was surprised he got benched so quickly. I still think we had a better shot at winning the BC game and Toledo game if he would have come in at qb. However, turnovers were bad and I understand making the change. Does anyone know if he had a problem with turnovers in practice? That would make even more sense then.
His decision making and subsequent interceptions was mentioned during spring ball. This actually helped Childers move up the depth chart coming out of spring training.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
12-14-2017 06:15 AM
randy6969 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: niu
Santa was probably our best quarterback overall skill wise but I had heard it from a couple of players that I am know really well who play on the defensive side of the ball they loved seeing Santa in practice because he throws it to the wrong team a lot!

As far as Rodney Hall being the savior of this team at quarterback he is a very dynamic athlete and can run the ball I have been told directly that he cannot throw it at all!! Many of his teammates that I talk to Think he will be moved to another position because he’ll never play a quarterback just what I’ve been told! Never now one off-season with Jordan Lynch and maybe he’ll become Jordan lynch I doubt it but hey I’m trying to be positive LOL
12-14-2017 06:44 AM
Advertisement

Djud Offline
Special Teams

It’s is tough for any MAC school to get the perfect QB. In this offense, if Hall can run you have the primary skill to be successful. He appears to have plenty of arm strength, it may come down to his accuracy and grasp of the offense. He may need to be coached up.
Our defense plays our offense everyday. It is difficult for any QB to look good if the defense knows what is coming. Santa had the ability to run but didn’t. I don’t understand why. You can’t be truly effective in this system if you are not a run threat. For Santa to be as effective as he was w/out running was pretty amazing. Decision making is a skill set, discipline and an attitude. You have to know when the plays are not there, and run or throw it away. This may have been another “Coach up” opportunity. The question is what skill set matches the scheme and coaching philosophy the best. It is also strengths vs weaknesses, and risk vs reward. Carey went the conservative route, understandable given our defensive strength and weak conference schedule.
Again, Carey made a clear decision, and for the most part it has paid off in terms of W’s. Perhaps Duke will be the game which validates Carey’s decision.
12-14-2017 07:25 AM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

strange to consider why has EIU had such a string of success recruiting NFL talent at QB-
Garrapolo, Roma, Peyton- and we have not come near such talent?
12-14-2017 07:34 AM
Djud Offline
Special Teams

(12-14-2017 07:34 AM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  strange to consider why has EIU had such a string of success recruiting NFL talent at QB-

I would say Harnish and Lynch were pretty darn talented, and there skills (especially Lynch) were perfectly suited to our system. I would also say that Garrapolo, as talented as he is, would not be nearly as effective had he been playing in our system; he played in a pass first offense.
12-14-2017 08:51 AM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
He was our best overall QB. He was yanked too soon in my opinion. Wish him the best. It’s hard to keep quarterbacks happy at this level. Everyone believes they’re the best option.
12-14-2017 09:10 AM
Suptroop Offline
2nd String

(12-14-2017 07:34 AM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  strange to consider why has EIU had such a string of success recruiting NFL talent at QB-

Every quarterback we’ve had going back to 2010 with the exception of the past two years have been at the very least all Mac players. Including a heisman candidate and I think 3 MAC player of the year awards.

Someone’s success in the NFL has nothing to do with their college careee. Just because Garoppolo has more of an nfl ceiling than Lynch didn’t make him a better player.
12-14-2017 01:14 PM
Advertisement

Suptroop Offline
2nd String

Santa was a good player and maybe our best pure passer. Couldn’t run to save his life however. But I’m not going to pretend like I know more than Carey. Childers is a frosh and if you compare childer’s frosh performance to Santa’s frosh performance...it’s pretty obvious who has the higher ceiling.

Of course would not want to see him go, but, if he’s not willing to put in the work, compete and take back what he previously had then he doesn’t have a spot of this team. Wish him the best but not overly saddened by this.
12-14-2017 01:18 PM
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
And here I thought I was going to find out what I was getting for Christmas this year......
12-14-2017 01:39 PM
timxlydon Offline
Left Hand Path

(12-14-2017 06:44 AM)randy6969 Wrote:  Santa was probably our best quarterback overall skill wise but I had heard it from a couple of players that I am know really well who play on the defensive side of the ball they loved seeing Santa in practice because he throws it to the wrong team a lot!

As far as Rodney Hall being the savior of this team at quarterback he is a very dynamic athlete and can run the ball I have been told directly that he cannot throw it at all!! Many of his teammates that I talk to Think he will be moved to another position because he’ll never play a quarterback just what I’ve been told! Never now one off-season with Jordan Lynch and maybe he’ll become Jordan lynch I doubt it but hey I’m trying to be positive LOL

What about Anthony Thompson? Has he looked any good? If Graham is done and Hall gets moved to a different position, that would leave the Huskies pretty thin at QB.
12-14-2017 01:57 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
If people think Hall is the answer for next year, we have some issues. His throwing is probably worse than Childers and we all see how much everyone complained about that on here.

I would really love to see Childers work his ass off all off season and make the jump in progress like we saw each year with Harnish.
12-14-2017 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.