Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Moore wins, here is why
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
If Moore wins, here is why
Alabamians aren’t so much supporting Moore than they are reacting to years, decades even, of our way of life being constantly under assault from popular culture – the news media, film, music, books, you name it.

Then we’ve had our political leaders rise to power through our support only to see them abandon and then betray us to the establishment and elites once in office. We’ve seen the government use the force of law, and the courts use force of decree, to change our sacred institutions and force us to act against our conscience.

http://yellowhammernews.com/uncategorize...d-answers/
12-10-2017 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: If Moore wins, here is why
(12-10-2017 05:34 PM)shere khan Wrote:  Alabamians aren’t so much supporting Moore than they are reacting to years, decades even, of our way of life being constantly under assault from popular culture – the news media, film, music, books, you name it.

Then we’ve had our political leaders rise to power through our support only to see them abandon and then betray us to the establishment and elites once in office. We’ve seen the government use the force of law, and the courts use force of decree, to change our sacred institutions and force us to act against our conscience.

http://yellowhammernews.com/uncategorize...d-answers/

"Sweet home, Alabama"...Well I hope Neil Young will remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow.
12-10-2017 05:39 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I agree, the south in general has been subjected to decades of slander from Hollywood, the legacy media, the D.C. swamp, etc.

But a vote for Roy Moore strikes me as a "hold my beer" reaction. Even if only 5% of the alleged behavior is true, the guy is a creep.
12-10-2017 05:41 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

If the Democrats hadn't put up someone so far to the left, they would probably win it. A Donnelly type.
12-10-2017 05:43 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
If this hadn't been such a poorly orchestrated transparent attempt to rig an election, they still would have gotten trounced.

Jones is the kind of candidate you run when you know you have no chance at the seat.
12-10-2017 06:01 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Richard Shelby said on the news shows this morning that Alabama deserves better than Moore.

“I think the image of anything matters,” Shelby said. “It’s not 1860. It’s not 1900. It’s not 1940. It’s not 1964 or 1965. It’s 2017. And Alabama in a lot of ways is on the cutting edge, on the cusp of a lot of good things.”

Guess he's a RINO too.
12-10-2017 06:02 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-10-2017 06:02 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Richard Shelby said on the news shows this morning that Alabama deserves better than Moore.

“I think the image of anything matters,” Shelby said. “It’s not 1860. It’s not 1900. It’s not 1940. It’s not 1964 or 1965. It’s 2017. And Alabama in a lot of ways is on the cutting edge, on the cusp of a lot of good things.”

Guess he's a RINO too.

He is more than a Rino. He was a Democrat that switched parties in 1994. I think you just helped the authors argument. Shelby is gonna get primaried or retire. He is as swampy as they get.

Shelby's picture should be next to the definition of Rino.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2017 06:23 PM by shere khan.)
12-10-2017 06:20 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

Here's part too--Liberals hate being held to their own standards: https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhun...s-n2420545
12-10-2017 06:25 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-10-2017 06:25 PM)bullet Wrote:  Here's part too--Liberals hate being held to their own standards: https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhun...s-n2420545
Lol. Nailed it

Liberals found some of their favorite fellow travelers on the business end of the Sword of Damocles they’ve been lording over the rest of us for years. Forgive me if I don’t give a damn.
12-10-2017 06:35 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(12-10-2017 05:41 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  I agree, the south in general has been subjected to decades of slander from Hollywood, the legacy media, the D.C. swamp, etc.

My dad always said, watch most any movie and if a character has a Southern accent there's a strong likelihood that he's portrayed as either evil or stupid.
12-10-2017 08:00 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think people are just going to vote Moore as a giant middle finger to the elite media. When they starting flapping their chops over this is when Moore recovered in the polls.
12-10-2017 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I think Moore will win, and people here will go nuts celebrating another 'victory'. Unless Moore's percentage is over 60 percent, I'm not sure how anyone can say anything except they dodged another bullet.

Obama could have campaigned for Doug Jones this weekend - that might have helped his chances. Guess he was too busy making money somewhere instead.
12-10-2017 09:14 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I wouldn’t miss this vote for the world.

Oh, and if I wasn’t 100% sure I damn sure am now after half a dozen robo-calls/texts from New Jersey, California, and Illinois.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 12:54 AM by HeartOfDixie.)
12-11-2017 12:19 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(12-10-2017 05:41 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  I agree, the south in general has been subjected to decades of slander from Hollywood, the legacy media, the D.C. swamp, etc.

But a vote for Roy Moore strikes me as a "hold my beer" reaction. Even if only 5% of the alleged behavior is true, the guy is a creep.

Just curious... what if none of it is true... is he still a creep?
12-11-2017 12:37 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(12-10-2017 05:43 PM)bullet Wrote:  If the Democrats hadn't put up someone so far to the left, they would probably win it. A Donnelly type.

Yeah, but Jones could put Moore behind for years for child molestation. Jones is more tougher on crime including the sins of murder. Trump is throwing mud that Jones's record shows different when Jones is actually tougher on crime.
12-11-2017 02:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
(12-11-2017 12:19 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I wouldn’t miss this vote for the world.

Oh, and if I wasn’t 100% sure I damn sure am now after half a dozen robo-calls/texts from New Jersey, California, and Illinois.

You sure are showing those stupid liberals by uh.. voting for a creepy borderline pedophile! Yeah!
12-11-2017 02:55 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(12-11-2017 02:01 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(12-10-2017 05:43 PM)bullet Wrote:  If the Democrats hadn't put up someone so far to the left, they would probably win it. A Donnelly type.

Yeah, but Jones could put Moore behind for years for child molestation. Jones is more tougher on crime including the sins of murder. Trump is throwing mud that Jones's record shows different when Jones is actually tougher on crime.

Why hasn't he?
12-11-2017 04:52 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-11-2017 12:37 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Nope, he'd be yet another victim of the progressive slander machine.

But this is not a court of law. It is a message board, where due process rights are nonexistent and assumptions rule the conversation.

My own assumption is that he is at least fractionally guilty of the charges being leveled, and that makes him a creep for today's purposes.

The same rules of course apply to you. Feel free to turn a blind eye to whatever uncomfortable assertions you choose not to accept. (Oh, and don't pay any mind to that 30-year old guy hanging out by the gumball vending machines at your local mall.) 05-nono
12-11-2017 06:48 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(12-11-2017 06:48 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 12:37 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Nope, he'd be yet another victim of the progressive slander machine.

But this is not a court of law. It is a message board, where due process rights are nonexistent and assumptions rule the conversation.

My own assumption is that he is at least fractionally guilty of the charges being leveled, and that makes him a creep for today's purposes.

The same rules of course apply to you. Feel free to turn a blind eye to whatever uncomfortable assertions you choose not to accept. (Oh, and don't pay any mind to that 30-year old guy hanging out by the gumball vending machines at your local mall.) 05-nono

Same rules apply to you but feel free to turn a blind eye to whatever...Good Lord.

What a d!ck.
12-11-2017 07:58 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
So, just knowing the thought process of my family members in Alabama, the reason is as simple as 'abortion'.

They don't particularly like Moore, but they equate abortion to murder, and figure whatever he might have done is not as bad as murder. That's why they voted Trump and that's why they will vote for Moore. It's party platform over candidate character, and they won't budge on it as long as one platform is pro-life.
12-11-2017 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.