Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018 Class FB Recruiting Thread
Bookmark and Share
GSUALUM17 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU
2018 Class FB Recruiting Thread
as Panthers are attempting to pull off a huge OV weekend with a list of 3 star recruits...im curious how are things with other SBC schools? I assume the top 3 schools + TXST are working their voodoo magic? Is Georgia Southern rebounding quickly with Lunsford at the helm of recruiting? how are Jags with their new coach? other schools having a good offseason?

on our side, CSE is proving that he's the real deal pulling in FBS talents (we might be officially out of the cellar folks!). Trent Miles had YEARS in FBS but he couldn't recruit to save his life. What a difference a coach makes to change your program!

would be interesting to read about key recruits for your schools too!
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017 11:45 PM by GSUALUM17.)
12-10-2017 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
RE: 2018 FB Recruiting Thread
We have had radio silence and obviously still don't have a full staff (coordinators especially). That leads me to believe that we are struggling. Have had 3 de-commits although only one was considered kind of a big loss (RB to GAtech). I guess we are hoping to have our staff in place this week and finish strong, but it's a concern.
12-11-2017 07:44 AM
USAJag2011 Online
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
So far (at least to my knowledge), we have not lost any recruits due to the coaching change. We have our staff put together (one coach will not be announced for a bit longer since he is coaching in a bowl game). I expect the rest to be announced publically today or tomorrow.

The new staff is already on the road recruiting and I've seen several offers go out already. We'll see over the next week or so how well they are doing so far.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 08:08 AM by USAJag2011.)
12-11-2017 08:07 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
According to 247, the current top three are App, stAte, and TXST.

TXST landed a 3-star QB out of San Antonio over the weekend
12-11-2017 09:17 AM

stAte_3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State
I couldn't care less where a website ranks us. 1st or last, it'll eventually show on the field one way or another.
12-11-2017 09:31 AM
NewJersey GATA Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-11-2017 07:44 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  We have had radio silence and obviously still don't have a full staff (coordinators especially). That leads me to believe that we are struggling. Have had 3 de-commits although only one was considered kind of a big loss (RB to GAtech). I guess we are hoping to have our staff in place this week and finish strong, but it's a concern.

Losing the recruit to GA Tech isn’t really a factor of coaching staff. It’s GA TECH and ACC. Glad the kid made the decision now than later. The other recruits were borderline scholarship players. Southern won’t have a big class so it’s essential we land players fit for new defensive scheme with Sloan as new DC and possibly OC Atkins.

Southern has dire need to develop OL. Depth in front 7 in needed as well
12-11-2017 09:52 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megan Fox
(12-11-2017 09:17 AM)slycat Wrote:  According to 247, the current top three are App, stAte, and TXST.

TXST landed a 3-star QB out of San Antonio over the weekend

Troy is first in average star rating. We only have 11 right now, but once we get some more on there and rated we should be top 3. As others have said though, take it all with a grain of salt.
12-11-2017 09:56 AM

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Well we are behind Harvad and NDSU soooooo yeah second straight year of garbage so far....dropped three spots since the hiring of our coach....Only beating UL (Idaho and NMSU not included) in star rating and this is going to be a small class so losing in quantity and quality this year, good times.

Looks like Troy is on pace to land the #1 Sun Belt class right now if they sign a full class of 25+
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 10:13 AM by JCGSU.)
12-11-2017 10:10 AM
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
With the Blueshirts we brought in this year, our class may be about full. Not a lot new to report with only a few spots left. Will be interesting to see how early signing period works out for the first time.

ASU has two solid WR transfers who sat out this year. They both look the part and transferred from OU and Boise.
12-11-2017 10:36 AM
GSUALUM17 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GSU
Indeed Troy seems to have done well. Hate that they flipped a 3 star DT from us.

Jags and Panthers have offered same QBs again and again lol will be interesting to see

I think we secured some good talents after this OV. We might be able to secure 4th or 5th spot in SBC recruiting. A pleasant surprise of the last OV was Blake Carroll who held offers from P5 schools and good G5 teams like UCF and WMU.
https://247sports.com/player/blake-carroll-94076
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 11:44 AM by GSUALUM17.)
12-11-2017 11:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.