UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Savannah State
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Savannah State
UAB football will open the season next year at home against Savannah State. Renewed my season tickets and got the confirmation email with the home schedule and we will play them on Saturday Sept 1st at Legion.

Hadn't seen it posted anywhere so I thought I would post it here. Savannah State went 3-8 last year btw.
12-08-2017 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

RE: Savannah State
Savannah State, one of the worst teams in FCS, is moving back to D2. They moved from D2 to D1A(FCS) a few years ago. This game may not happen if their move is for 2018.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017...sification
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 05:54 PM by WesternBlazer.)
12-08-2017 05:36 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

They started out terrible in 2017, but won 3 out of their last 4.
12-08-2017 05:46 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I hope we at least reached out to local FCS schools first. Also, how did you renew your tickets for next year? I called a week or so ago and said I could renew in 3 weeks...
12-08-2017 05:48 PM
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

(12-08-2017 05:48 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  I hope we at least reached out to local FCS schools first. Also, how did you renew your tickets for next year? I called a week or so ago and said I could renew in 3 weeks...

The ticket office called me and asked for my renewal. Guess they are making the phone rounds. You can do it on http://www.uabsports.com as well.
12-08-2017 06:24 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
I don't see any record of Savannah State ever being in Div IA (now FBS) but I could swear they used to be in ESPN's Bottom 10 regularly. Mandela Effect?
12-08-2017 06:54 PM
Advertisement

BirminghamJoseph2770 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Birmingham
Would of rathered had Alabama St. for the first game or UNA or shoot evan Miles College, Hope they Bring Good is that Valdosta St. Or Savanah St. Said Savanah, well that's exciting. Maybe we can get Jax St, for the first game. Anyway congratulations to Savanah St. for being the first game on the schedule hope they bring in a few, that should be interesting. I think, I'm going to type myself to sleep after that announcement.
12-08-2017 07:45 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

Wow that is terrible. They're the ones people mercy rule. I think two FBS teams in the same season switched to a running clock for the entire second half of their games against Savannah State.

Darrell Hackney was their quarterbacks coach for a minute.
12-08-2017 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-08-2017 07:45 PM)BirminghamJoseph2770 Wrote:  Would of rathered had Alabama St. for the first game or UNA or shoot evan Miles College, Hope they Bring Good is that Valdosta St. Or Savanah St. Said Savanah, well that's exciting. Maybe we can get Jax St, for the first game. Anyway congratulations to Savanah St. for being the first game on the schedule hope they bring in a few, that should be interesting. I think, I'm going to type myself to sleep after that announcement.

It won't be interesting. It will be name our score.
12-08-2017 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
Pt for the young guys, wonder if we see Hopkins.
12-08-2017 11:15 PM
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

(12-08-2017 11:15 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  Pt for the young guys, wonder if we see Hopkins.

I bet we redshirt Hopkins, so he has a year between Johnston
12-09-2017 08:41 AM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(12-09-2017 08:41 AM)mobileblazer Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 11:15 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  Pt for the young guys, wonder if we see Hopkins.

I bet we redshirt Hopkins, so he has a year between Johnston

I would hope that's the plan.
12-09-2017 11:51 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(12-08-2017 10:11 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  Wow that is terrible. They're the ones people mercy rule. I think two FBS teams in the same season switched to a running clock for the entire second half of their games against Savannah State.

For 60 seconds ?
12-09-2017 01:03 PM
blazerball25 Offline
Special Teams

The battle between Hopkins and Johnson in camp the summer of '19 should be epic.
12-09-2017 01:21 PM
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
Bad choice for attendance. Won’t help us prepare for even moderate competition. If they move down divisions next year it won’t even count in our official win total. Not a good choice IMO.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 03:53 PM by stc.)
12-09-2017 01:39 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
They will still be FCS next year, so they will count for a win (probably the easiest win possible). I agree that it would be better for attendance to have Alabama State or North Alabama or something, but I'm sure the nearby FCS teams have bigger checks waiting for them at SEC schools so you get what you can for a beginning of the year tune-up game.
12-09-2017 01:51 PM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-09-2017 01:03 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 10:11 PM)thebernreuter Wrote:  Wow that is terrible. They're the ones people mercy rule. I think two FBS teams in the same season switched to a running clock for the entire second half of their games against Savannah State.

For 60 seconds ?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p...a%20minute
12-09-2017 02:33 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
They will count towards the Win total no matter what but if their scholarship number falls below 56.7 we cannot count them towards bowl eligibility and they are in the process of dropping to DII. Good news is that we hopefully won’t need to count it.

Poor scheduling move by our AD IMHO. It’s not like we could not find anyone.

When we were first told at a tailgate I didn’t know how to react I just gave him a strange look and we all looked at each other like that can’t be right.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017 04:18 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
12-09-2017 04:11 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Does Clark have any input in the scheduling?
12-09-2017 04:34 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
I'm guessing this is financially driven. They are probably a substantially cheaper buy game than other options. Doesn't exactly get you fired up though.
12-09-2017 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.