Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tennessee hires Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt
Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
Tennessee hires Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt
Alabama fans are probably more disappointed in losing him than Ohio State fans were in losing Schiano.
12-07-2017 12:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
RE: Tennessee hires Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt
so surprised that he'll be coaching in the playoffs after the last 2 years.
12-07-2017 12:35 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Quiet ending to the wildest coaching search ever.
12-07-2017 12:56 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
This is bad news for Georgia, Alabama, and Florida State. He was the NC DC for the Noles. He was responsible for the defense you see fielded at UGAg this year. And he's a lights out recruiter. The Dawgs may have their day but this may see to it that that day is a short one.
12-07-2017 01:17 PM
SC-KNIGHT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USC-RUTGERS
Should put an end to the AAC pipeline for this year. That conference can rest for another year now. AAC fans will be happy. Don't think Oregon will pull from the AAC again now that Taggart walked after one year for FSU. 07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 02:38 PM by SC-KNIGHT.)
12-07-2017 02:38 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-07-2017 01:17 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  This is bad news for Georgia, Alabama, and Florida State. He was the NC DC for the Noles. He was responsible for the defense you see fielded at UGAg this year. And he's a lights out recruiter. The Dawgs may have their day but this may see to it that that day is a short one.

When Tennessee and Georgia are recruiting at higher levels, and Florida returns to form under Mullen the ACC Spring will be over. Recruiting for Florida State and Clemson is going to get a lot tighter.

In fact the recipe is only one ingredient short of being a stalemate in the East between ACC & SEC schools. I still don't believe long term that Muschamp has what it takes. But with Tennessee, Georgia and Florida getting stronger, and Richt now at Miami it's going to be a dogfight every year on the field and off. In fact so much so that all of the programs could still improve and not have records that reflect that improvement.

What this is not, is good news for Tech. It should make for better football in November though.
12-07-2017 02:47 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(12-07-2017 02:47 PM)JRsec Wrote:  What this is not, is good news for Tech. It should make for better football in November though.

Tech's problems start and end with Tech. They need to either affirm that Stansbury is the right guy and give him what he needs or find the right guy. The difference between Homer Rice and everybody who has followed him so far has been night and day.
12-07-2017 03:39 PM
johnbragg Online
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
Any comments from the national media folks who said that no one would want the Tennessee job after they ran off Schiano?
Anyone want to argue that this guy is clearly a downgrade from Schiano?
12-07-2017 03:45 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
If this hire had been made at the beginning of the process, it would probably have been viewed as a favorable outcome. Now it just makes UT look impotent.
12-07-2017 03:45 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-07-2017 02:47 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 01:17 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  This is bad news for Georgia, Alabama, and Florida State. He was the NC DC for the Noles. He was responsible for the defense you see fielded at UGAg this year. And he's a lights out recruiter. The Dawgs may have their day but this may see to it that that day is a short one.

When Tennessee and Georgia are recruiting at higher levels, and Florida returns to form under Mullen the ACC Spring will be over. Recruiting for Florida State and Clemson is going to get a lot tighter.

In fact the recipe is only one ingredient short of being a stalemate in the East between ACC & SEC schools. I still don't believe long term that Muschamp has what it takes. But with Tennessee, Georgia and Florida getting stronger, and Richt now at Miami it's going to be a dogfight every year on the field and off. In fact so much so that all of the programs could still improve and not have records that reflect that improvement.

What this is not, is good news for Tech. It should make for better football in November though.

History doesn't support that.

Facts are when Clemson is recruiting at a high level it's Tennessee that suffers. When Clemson was recruiting at a high level in the 80's Tennessee was average. It was only after Hatfield torpedoed our recruiting, especially in NC, that Tennessee started to make in-roads. Before that if a NC kid wanted to wear orange he wore orange, not sherbet.
12-07-2017 04:18 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-07-2017 12:56 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Quiet ending to the wildest coaching search ever.

Have to wait now to see who he hires as an OC.
12-07-2017 04:23 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
I don't know why they didn't go after Pruitt in the first place, who in their right mind thinks that Schiano is a better fit for Tennessee than him? Regardless, they end up in a solid place after a laughably awful hiring process, it could've been a lot worse for the Vols.

That being said, wouldn't it be hilarious if a George O'Leary or Mike Price kinda thing happened and a week from now the UT job was open once again?
12-07-2017 08:58 PM
johnbragg Online

(12-07-2017 08:58 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  I don't know why they didn't go after Pruitt in the first place, who in their right mind thinks that Schiano is a better fit for Tennessee than him? Regardless, they end up in a solid place after a laughably awful hiring process, it could've been a lot worse for the Vols.

According to Clay Travis (who I think lost all perspective during this coaching search, but his evaluation of the UT landscape is sound), they didn't go after Pruitt because AD who tried to hire Schiano is a dope, and a puppet of Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslem, who is a dope with billions of dollars.

Quote:That being said, wouldn't it be hilarious if a George O'Leary or Mike Price kinda thing happened and a week from now the UT job was open once again?

Yes, that would be hilarious.
12-07-2017 09:05 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-07-2017 08:58 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  I don't know why they didn't go after Pruitt in the first place, who in their right mind thinks that Schiano is a better fit for Tennessee than him? Regardless, they end up in a solid place after a laughably awful hiring process, it could've been a lot worse for the Vols.

That being said, wouldn't it be hilarious if a George O'Leary or Mike Price kinda thing happened and a week from now the UT job was open once again?

What, you mean he had a call girl falsify his academic record and paid for it with a University credit card?
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 09:24 PM by JRsec.)
12-07-2017 09:05 PM
Gemofthehills Offline
All American

I Root For: JSU

Will be interesting to see if he is able to sway Jody Wright to join him in TN.
12-07-2017 10:51 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian

Muschamp just fired his OC, Kurt Roper, at South Carolina.
Whatever that means going forward.....
12-08-2017 01:11 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-08-2017 01:11 PM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  

Muschamp just fired his OC, Kurt Roper, at South Carolina.
Whatever that means going forward.....

How many did he run through in his short time in Florida?
12-08-2017 01:38 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I wish him the best.
12-08-2017 02:24 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian
(12-07-2017 03:45 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  Any comments from the national media folks who said that no one would want the Tennessee job after they ran off Schiano?

We'll never know. Schiano could have been suprisingly awesome, or, on the other hand, would have discouraging results. Best guess it would be somewhere inbetween. I do believe he would gotten the team focused and basically unified.

Jeremy Pruitt may prove to be right choice, bringing Tennessee back to a high level of competitiveness. That's no guarantee either, as with most any appointment.

Personal careers were unnecessarily damaged in this whole fiasco. The University's governance has something more serious to address for the long-term.
12-08-2017 02:49 PM
johnbragg Online

(12-08-2017 02:49 PM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 03:45 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  Any comments from the national media folks who said that no one would want the Tennessee job after they ran off Schiano?

We'll never know.

In other words, when the national media folks said this would come back to hurt Tennessee, that didn't happen. They ended up hiring Alabama's DC, not South Alabama's head coach.

Quote:Schiano could have been suprisingly awesome, or, on the other hand, would have discouraging results. Best guess it would be somewhere inbetween. I do believe he would gotten the team focused and basically unified.

In other words, Schiano was not a hire that you'd expect a big SEC fanbase to get excited about.

Quote:Jeremy Pruitt may prove to be right choice, bringing Tennessee back to a high level of competitiveness. That's no guarantee either, as with most any appointment.

Personal careers were unnecessarily damaged in this whole fiasco. The University's governance has something more serious to address for the long-term.

Well, the governance of the athletic department has been addressed. For good or ill, who knows--but the people calling the shots before are no longer doing so.
12-08-2017 03:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.