I Root For: Sleeping Dragon
Huh?
Roy Moore ads?03-banghead
12-06-2017 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Huh?
(12-06-2017 01:34 PM)MagiccityDragon Wrote:  Roy Moore ads?03-banghead

Google ads are generated based on your browsing habits, not by the Blazertalk website. If you go to a lot of political sites, Google knows and gives you ads it thinks you will like.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 01:37 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
12-06-2017 01:36 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(12-06-2017 01:36 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 01:34 PM)MagiccityDragon Wrote:  Roy Moore ads?03-banghead

Google ads are generated based on your browsing habits, not by the Blazertalk website. If you go to a lot of political sites, Google knows and gives you ads it thinks you will like.

I suspect some of it is targeted by the site content as well. I wouldn't see this on a Virginia Commonwealth University forum, but Alabama is mentioned a lot here so it's easy to assignment of the visitors live in Alabama.

But again, I don't think GTS or any admins have much say on the ads other than "no adult content"... Although I suppose the Gun Supporters for Shopping Mall Outcasts ads are arguably "adult".
12-06-2017 01:45 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

I Root For: UAB
Strangely enough I saw Moore ads on Facebook that weren't filtered out.

I use an ad blocker on this site so thrash me.
12-06-2017 02:00 PM

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
I see two ads: one for Brookwood Cardiovascular, one for McDonald's Chicken McNuggets. I'm thinking this site shows a certain profile. A really wide profile. Never seen a doughnut ad though, so I can guess who isn't reading this.
12-06-2017 02:11 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Roy Moore's ads indicate that the strongest "four letter word" in Alabama is still "LIBERAL" as though most voters in this state would know one if they saw one. In my lifetime, the most liberal politicians in Alabama were "Big Jim" Folsom in the 50s and George Wallace after 1972. I haven't seen one since.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 04:26 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
12-06-2017 02:25 PM
BlazerPhil Online
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
I get ads for Brookwood CV, Join the NRA & UAT ladies basketball. To quoth the bard Mr. Aday, "Two Outta Three Ain't Bad"
12-06-2017 04:16 PM

BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(12-06-2017 02:25 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Roy Moore's ads indicate that the strongest "four letter word" in Alabama is still "LIBERAL" as though most voters in this state would know one if they saw one. In my lifetime, the most liberal politicians in Alabama were "Big Jim" Folsom in the 50s and George Wallace after 1972. I haven't seen one since.

I used to have a big pine tree in my yard. It was too close to my house, so I had it cut down. The guy who did it used a chainsaw. The chainsaw was invented in Scotland. Scotland is also the birthplace of golf. Tiger Woods is back. Tigers are an endangered species.

Am I doing it right?
12-06-2017 04:52 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(12-06-2017 04:52 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:25 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Roy Moore's ads indicate that the strongest "four letter word" in Alabama is still "LIBERAL" as though most voters in this state would know one if they saw one. In my lifetime, the most liberal politicians in Alabama were "Big Jim" Folsom in the 50s and George Wallace after 1972. I haven't seen one since.

I used to have a big pine tree in my yard. It was too close to my house, so I had it cut down. The guy who did it used a chainsaw. The chainsaw was invented in Scotland. Scotland is also the birthplace of golf. Tiger Woods is back. Tigers are an endangered species.

Am I doing it right?

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-06-2017 05:02 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(12-06-2017 04:52 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  

Am I doing it right?

IMHO, electing Roy Moore may be the chainsaw that cuts down Alabama wood and feeds us to the tigers of the future. He may be "The Last King of Scotland" for our state. Are you a LIBERAL? How would you define one (without quoting Trump).
12-06-2017 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.