Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB at St. Bonaventure
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
WBB at St. Bonaventure
Looks like the video is behind a paywall, unfortunately.

Have the audio and the live stats.

UT runs out to an 11-0 lead. Jay-Ann with 7 of the 11 points.
12-04-2017 07:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBB at St. Bonaventure
Wow, wish there was video. UT up 17-0 with about 3 minutes left in the 1st.
12-04-2017 07:19 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

19-6 Rockets after 1.

According to live stats, McIntyre has 9 boards already.
12-04-2017 07:25 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-04-2017 07:25 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  19-6 Rockets after 1.

According to live stats, McIntyre has 9 boards already.

Big night so far.
12-04-2017 07:28 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

32-15 at the Q2 media TO.

Jay-Ann with 11 leads the Rockets.
Kaayla with 10 boards and 6 points.
12-04-2017 07:38 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

35-19 at the half.

Rockets still turning the ball over too much with 10 in the half. But for maybe the 1st time this year, are winning the rebound battle 22-13.

The Bonnies only played 7 players in the half.
12-04-2017 07:47 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The game is listed as both "premium" and also "free" on the A-10 website. Both require payment!

Video Mon Dec 4,2017 6:45 PM (ET) Women's Basketball St. Bonaventure Women's Basketball vs. Toledo (Premium/HD)
Play
Watch Live!

Video Mon Dec 4,2017 6:45 PM (ET) Women's Basketball St. Bonaventure Women's Basketball vs. Toledo (free)
Play
Watch Live!
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 08:22 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
12-04-2017 08:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

47-28 after 3.

McIntyre with 14 points, and 13 boards. (Not to mention 3 blocks and a steal.)
12-04-2017 08:24 PM
RocketGrad'88 Offline
2nd String

50-29 early in 4th
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 08:28 PM by RocketGrad'88.)
12-04-2017 08:25 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Tshitenge seeing her 1st action in mop up duty, along with all the freshmen.
12-04-2017 08:42 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

58-39 final.

The coach from BG that has taken over the Bonnies program is not having too good a 1st couple seasons. 9-20 last year. 4-5 so far this season
12-04-2017 08:45 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

58-39 final - Rockets win moving to 6-1
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2017 08:46 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
12-04-2017 08:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Statistically, the Rockets really didn't play that well.

Shot 39% (were over 50% for most of the 1st half, so that went downhill in the 2nd) 24% from 3 and 43% from the line (ugggghhh). Had 19 turnovers too.

They did dominate the boards, at +17.

McIntyre led with 14 points, 13 boards, 3 blocks and a steal, but was 2-6 from the line.
Bravo-Harriott had 13 points.
12-04-2017 08:53 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-04-2017 08:53 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Statistically, the Rockets really didn't play that well.

Shot 39% (were over 50% for most of the 1st half, so that went downhill in the 2nd) 24% from 3 and 43% from the line (ugggghhh). Had 19 turnovers too.

They did dominate the boards, at +17.

McIntyre led with 14 points, 13 boards, 3 blocks and a steal, but was 2-6 from the line.
Bravo-Harriott had 13 points.

And yet they still won by 19 points.

This is why I think the men’s & women’s programs are going in different directions.
12-04-2017 09:09 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

Rockets had a relatively easy game. Opponents played and shot poorly, 6% three point percentage versus season average of 38%. And since St Bs is undersized they rely heavily on the outside shot.

Rockets had much better rebounding although St Bs largest player was 6-0 and a freshman. Anyway big rebounding margin and that was a very good thing. Problem areas for me remain turnovers and foul shooting. Rockets seem to be bumping up against 20 turnovers almost every game. That's in spite of their great performance against Dayton when they had only 7 turnovers. Can't consistently turn over 20 times against good teams. And the foul shooting seems similar to last year which I guess is no surprise since the same players are missing shots who missed them last year. And one of their best FFT shooters, Monakana graduated. It appears that only Cunningham and Bravo-Harriott are reliable FFT shooters.

Finally, IMO Rockets will see a lot of zone defense in the MAC. Collapse the defense and prevent McIntyre from getting the ball inside where she is lethal. Challenge Rockets to beat them with the 3 point shot. That could be an effective strategy if we continue to start and give big minutes to three players who don't shoot 3 pointers and a fourth starter is having big difficulty hitting them. I would opt to start Woody who can make the 3 and given her size can provide some rebounding help.
12-04-2017 09:31 PM
Dwight Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rockets
I agree with the point about Woody needing heavy minutes whenever we face a zone.

The Rockets won tonight with defense. For their offense to click, Santucci needs to get on the right side of her Jeckyl and Hyde offensive game. The same thing happened last year. The Rockets were gutsy but very beatable during the long stretch in mid-season when Santucci shot 20% or so from the field. At the beginning of the year and the end, when Santucci was an offensive threat, the Rockets were excellent. She's very good at penetrating and passing, but it's harder to do those things effectively when the defense doesn't have to respect you as a scorer. When the defense has to play Santucci honestly, she can create offense at will, either for herself or her teammates. In all my years of watching basketball, I've never seen a player with the ability to score but with such lengthy and profound scoring slumps.

I realize, as others have pointed out in the past, that Santucci does many things for the team besides scoring. That's why she's on the court despite her abysmal shooting. That doesn't change the fact that, to be a conference champion caliber team, we need her to be a credible scoring threat. So keep shooting, Mariella.
12-04-2017 09:46 PM
Advertisement

temoxley Offline
2nd String

Mariella is a special player. I think her most effective dimension is as a defensive player. The last time I looked she was second on the team in blocked shots .... at 5'6". She also can make some spectacular passes to set up easy scoring plays. But with that latter talent comes a high risk and IMO she also throws some bad or careless passes. Last year she was awful shooting the ball for and extended period and when she got better near the end of season we were told that she had a foot problem which apparently influenced her balance during shooting. Well unless she has a chronic foot injury there is more to her shooting problem than the foot. I didn't see the game tonight but I was at the Maine game and she was again having problems hitting the rim. 2-12 in the Maine game and 1-10 tonight. IMO maybe she should sit more and let Cunningham's minutes expand. See if that will make a difference. Ultimately my concern is that last year's team averaged 16 turnovers/game with a team led by two ball handlers (Boyd and Sancucci) who were in their first year of leading the offense. I know its early but this year's ball handlers have 40 games of experience and if you take out the Dayton game, where they were excellent, they are averaging 19 turnovers/game. Shouldn't our turnovers/game be going down significantly? Shouldn't the team be benefiting from their experience and growth and development over time?
12-04-2017 10:11 PM
temoxley Offline
2nd String

One last thought. This is a team which is 6-1 with only one of the wins taken to the wire. They are a good team. But seems to me they can be a very good team, maybe the best in the MAC regular season this year. But they will have to be even better than last year to do it. There is lots of high level competition around the league this year. So they have to reduce weaknesses and even further exploit their strengths. For example, pound the ball in to McIntyre at every opportunity. Play intense face to face defense on opposition's bigtime scorers. Use their quickness to push the ball down court when there are manpower advantages, etc. I am hopeful that coach Cullop can help them to do that.
12-04-2017 10:20 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
This team wins by running on offense and disrupting everything the opponent does on offense. If they have to run a set offense and hit threes they’re in trouble. There isn’t an outstanding shooter on the team. Jay-Ann is the closest followed by Olivia but neither approach consistency.
12-04-2017 11:36 PM
hwut1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-04-2017 10:11 PM)temoxley Wrote:  Mariella is a special player. I think her most effective dimension is as a defensive player. The last time I looked she was second on the team in blocked shots .... at 5'6". She also can make some spectacular passes to set up easy scoring plays. But with that latter talent comes a high risk and IMO she also throws some bad or careless passes. Last year she was awful shooting the ball for and extended period and when she got better near the end of season we were told that she had a foot problem which apparently influenced her balance during shooting. Well unless she has a chronic foot injury there is more to her shooting problem than the foot. I didn't see the game tonight but I was at the Maine game and she was again having problems hitting the rim. 2-12 in the Maine game and 1-10 tonight. IMO maybe she should sit more and let Cunningham's minutes expand. See if that will make a difference. Ultimately my concern is that last year's team averaged 16 turnovers/game with a team led by two ball handlers (Boyd and Sancucci) who were in their first year of leading the offense. I know its early but this year's ball handlers have 40 games of experience and if you take out the Dayton game, where they were excellent, they are averaging 19 turnovers/game. Shouldn't our turnovers/game be going down significantly? Shouldn't the team be benefiting from their experience and growth and development over time?
I agree with a lot you and Dwight have said. Santucci is one of those players who will run hot and cold shooting. Some call that a streak shooter. I love what she does when not shooting. Always told streak shooters to keep shooting like Dwight said. Every coach likes to keep team turn overs down. Coaches also know that when you push the ball up court in faster pace games there will be more turn overs. The hope is that the trade off of turns overs will be out weighted by more points. The reality is, the Rockets have one lost one game to one of the top teams in the country and played a tough schedule so far. Each game will be different. I think the coaches have broken down films and come up with good game plans in every game so far. Great coaching!
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 12:35 AM by hwut1.)
12-05-2017 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.