Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jason Candle next in line if Sumlin/ UCF talks fall through.
Bookmark and Share
Toledo_Storm Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Jason Candle next in line if Sumlin/ UCF talks fall through.
12-03-2017 08:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
RE: Jason Candle next in line if Sumlin/ UCF talks fall through.
I thought UCF might be an attractive spot for Jason. Hope he and Nicole stay with us.
12-03-2017 08:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(12-03-2017 08:14 PM)Toledo_Storm Wrote:  https://twitter.com/ry_bass/status/937480802241310721
Please Kevin Summerline take the UCF job
12-03-2017 08:18 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
The plot twist. I thought maybe Memphis, if it opened. However, he has recruited out of Florida and Central Florida is great stepping stone to the big time. Go Kevin Summerline!
12-03-2017 08:32 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Too many smarmy types in Florida. I don' t see Coach Candle fitting in. Someplace like Utah yes. UCF no.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 08:44 PM by Boca Rocket.)
12-03-2017 08:43 PM
RocketGrad'88 Offline
2nd String

(12-03-2017 08:43 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Too many smarmy types in Florida. I don' t see Coach Candle fitting in. Someplace like Utah yes. UCF no.

+1
12-03-2017 09:03 PM
Advertisement

DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
He dosn't need to go to UCF. Another good year and he can get a P5 job like other MAC coaches have. Of course losing his QB could make him think about leaving if he feels a rebuild will happen. That's why so many leave after a great season.
12-03-2017 09:43 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Utah easy to fit in? Personally glad I didn't take that job. Beautiful place. Wish it had a bowl game. Florida is half northernors so if it's swarmy...

UCF, any team would be wise to hire someone with no place to go. Unlikely Candle would leave any high paying D1 job to take an opening at MU so I think he's a safe hire. Good for a few years.

Did he personally recruit Florida? Seems a stretch for UCF to go for Coach Candle. You're looking for a few things in a head coach. Organization. Did we finish first in penalties? Recruiting. He's a good talent evaluator and recruiter too apparently but did he ever personally recruit Florida? Also even further from home isn't it?

I wouldn't want him to feel locked in to staying, rather he did because it was a choice. But if he goes, really hope he finds a good fit with lots of potential. Basing on the quality kids he brought in to Toledo, seems one of the good guys.
12-03-2017 09:46 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-03-2017 09:46 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Utah easy to fit in? Personally glad I didn't take that job. Beautiful place. Wish it had a bowl game. Florida is half northernors so if it's swarmy...

UCF, any team would be wise to hire someone with no place to go. Unlikely Candle would leave any high paying D1 job to take an opening at MU so I think he's a safe hire. Good for a few years.

Did he personally recruit Florida? Seems a stretch for UCF to go for Coach Candle. You're looking for a few things in a head coach. Organization. Did we finish first in penalties? Recruiting. He's a good talent evaluator and recruiter too apparently but did he ever personally recruit Florida? Also even further from home isn't it?

I wouldn't want him to feel locked in to staying, rather he did because it was a choice. But if he goes, really hope he finds a good fit with lots of potential. Basing on the quality kids he brought in to Toledo, seems one of the good guys.

Actually have been considering Utah. Maybe Idaho.
12-03-2017 09:57 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-03-2017 09:43 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  He dosn't need to go to UCF. Another good year and he can get a P5 job like other MAC coaches have. Of course losing his QB could make him think about leaving if he feels a rebuild will happen. That's why so many leave after a great season.
Agreed, another year or two with a fairly young team and a lot of pieces coming back, another shot at another championship and he can bankroll it into a nice payday. Going to UCF would just delay the jump. Its unnessary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12-03-2017 10:29 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2017 09:57 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 09:46 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Utah easy to fit in? Personally glad I didn't take that job. Beautiful place. Wish it had a bowl game. Florida is half northernors so if it's swarmy...

Actually have been considering Utah. Maybe Idaho.

Rent
12-03-2017 10:31 PM
Advertisement

Toledo_Storm Offline
Water Engineer

I would really like to see Mike O’Brien take a shot and give Candle an extension and raise. I think it’s more than deserved at this point.
12-03-2017 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-03-2017 10:38 PM)Toledo_Storm Wrote:  I would really like to see Mike O’Brien take a shot and give Candle an extension and raise. I think it’s more than deserved at this point.

Seems fair to me. Others have received extensions for lesser results. The raise would probably be key to keeping him.
12-03-2017 10:42 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

(12-03-2017 09:46 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Florida is half northernors so if it's swarmy...

Yes, but many of those are wealthy cut-throat New York Yorkers LOL...not the same as humble midwesterners. I used to travel down to the Boca\Delray Beach area to work an account often and I know exactly what he means about some of the locals and relocated population that reside on FL. Don't get me wrong, I met a lot of cool folks as well!
12-03-2017 10:45 PM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-03-2017 10:38 PM)Toledo_Storm Wrote:  I would really like to see Mike O’Brien take a shot and give Candle an extension and raise. I think it’s more than deserved at this point.

It would nice to show Candle a little appreciation with a raise and an extension (hopefully with a high buy out clause), but make no mistake, there is no way on earth that Toledo can match salaries with the P5 or even the top of the AAC so if a truly attractive offer comes along, he is gone. At this point I just hoping that he is patient enough to hold out for that really good job ----i.e. be more like Pinkel and less like Beckman.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:48 PM by T-Town.)
12-03-2017 10:47 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

(12-03-2017 10:42 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  

Seems fair to me. Others have received extensions for lesser results. The raise would probably be key to keeping him.

+2, it is worth a try to see if it might keep him content a little longer. However, if they are going to pay the real big bucks elsewhere, it is going to be hard to compete with that. When your career is ripe and you have opportunity, you have to take it. Frost was making 1.7 million base IIRC. Who is going to turn down a job that can setup your family for life in just a few years of employment?
12-03-2017 10:52 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Dang, even the assistants are already sending out tweets promoting their Florida players (https://twitter.com/CoachBlack10/status/...9858376704). At first, I thought it was pretty random to just promote the Florida boys but now it makes sense. This is some bull. How are we going to lose our coaching staff to another G5 member? Didn't we offer Campbell an extension worth other $1M? Candle deserves a raise, we need to keep him one more year, just one more year, please football Gods.
12-03-2017 11:12 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

[quote='inductchuck16' pid='14859503' dateline='1512360722']
Dang, even the assistants are already sending out tweets promoting their Florida players (https://twitter.com/CoachBlack10/status/...9858376704). At first, I thought it was pretty random to just promote the Florida boys but now it makes sense. This is some bull. How are we going to lose our coaching staff to another G5 member? Didn't we offer Campbell an extension worth other $1M? Candle deserves a raise, we need to keep him one more year, just one more year, please football Gods.

UCF was paying Frost 2 million
12-03-2017 11:42 PM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

Frost also left UCF with a cupboard full of young talent and a great QB. They are recruiting against USF and gave Sumlin unitl the end of Sunday to make a decision. If he were to take UCF with that talent, he wouldn't need to take the path of other MAC coaches. He could upper P5 schools offering jobs instead of schools like Illinois or Iowa State. The Golden Knight job is a golden opportunity. I wouldn't turn it down.
12-04-2017 12:13 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I haven't seen any press yet. If it is not announced this morning, then UCF has moved on to Candle and Day (Ohio State Offensive Coord). Arkansas just expanded its search to include Memphis' head coach. So hold on....
12-04-2017 06:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.