Dollar General Bowl: Appalachian State vs Toledo
Appalachian State wins by 11

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl: Arkansas State vs MTSU
Arkansas State wins by 42

AutoNation Cure Bowl: Georgia State vs WKU
Georgia State wins by 10

NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl: New Mexico State vs Utah State
New Mexico State wins by 1
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:27 PM by Artemis Silver Bow.)
12-03-2017 03:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

riburn3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU/UTEP
RE: Bowl Game Sunbelt Projections
Some drama coming out of Arizona as it seems ESPN might be trying to pluck NMSU for the New Mexico Bowl.
12-03-2017 03:57 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Troy 34
North Texas 20

App 27
Toledo 24

Ark State 41
Akron 31

WKU 28
Georgia State 17

Utah State 42
NMSU 27
12-03-2017 03:59 PM
Golota Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM
(12-03-2017 03:57 PM)riburn3 Wrote:  Some drama coming out of Arizona as it seems ESPN might be trying to pluck NMSU for the New Mexico Bowl.

I assume fans want Tucson? I would want Tucson.
12-03-2017 04:02 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
App will be an underdog when the line comes out.
12-03-2017 04:08 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(12-03-2017 03:57 PM)riburn3 Wrote:  Some drama coming out of Arizona as it seems ESPN might be trying to pluck NMSU for the New Mexico Bowl.

Would that be bad?
12-03-2017 04:15 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Toledo will be favored by 10
12-03-2017 04:17 PM
TrojanNation Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Troy
(12-03-2017 04:17 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Toledo will be favored by 10

I will say Toledo -8 opening moving to -10
12-03-2017 04:24 PM
FidelCashflow18 Offline
Bench Warmer

Akron is now playing FAU in Boca Raton
12-03-2017 04:24 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
A lot of arrogance from fans of these other conferences that don't want to be matched up with a "lowly sunbelt team". Let's beat their asses and put them in their places. Several North Texas fans were sure they'd get a P5 opponent. What the hell did they do to deserve a P5?
12-03-2017 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

Probably reading your posts about how bad App is from this morning...
12-03-2017 04:39 PM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(12-03-2017 04:39 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Probably reading your posts about how bad App is from this morning...

Save the hyperbole for someone else. No one said you guys were a bad football team. I believe if it all played out you'd be #3. Neither one of us would blow you guys out. Back to back losses to UMASS and ULM are perfectly reasonable reasons to rank you guys 3rd. Crushing GSU and Louisiana doesn't change that. Arkansas State beat ULM by 17, you guys lost to them. You both crushed Lousiana and when GSU played Troy they had a similar fate. They were never really a conference title contender. It's nothing personal, it's just numbers. That's all I'm gonna say on it because we've rehashed this a million times.
12-03-2017 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  A lot of arrogance from fans of these other conferences that don't want to be matched up with a "lowly sunbelt team". Let's beat their asses and put them in their places. Several North Texas fans were sure they'd get a P5 opponent. What the hell did they do to deserve a P5?

Surely you remember the North Texas years from the league when they thought they were God's gift to football?

UNT fans are still that way when they have a decent year.

My favorite is that when UNT got picked for NOLA, the CUSA board was filled with UTSA fans going "Thank God its not us playing a lowly Sun Belt Team" 3 hours later, UTSA is officially not playing in a bowl.
12-03-2017 05:10 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(12-03-2017 05:10 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:38 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  A lot of arrogance from fans of these other conferences that don't want to be matched up with a "lowly sunbelt team". Let's beat their asses and put them in their places. Several North Texas fans were sure they'd get a P5 opponent. What the hell did they do to deserve a P5?

Surely you remember the North Texas years from the league when they thought they were God's gift to football?

My favorite is that when UNT got picked for NOLA, the CUSA board was filled with UTSA fans going "Thank God its not us playing a lowly Sun Belt Team" 3 hours later, UTSA is officially not playing in a bowl.

Awesome.

UNT doesn't want to play a lowly SBC and Troy doesn't want to play the team that has the least name brand recognition in college football. No one knows who they are for better or for worse. If you can tell me a football program that's more obscure than North Texas, let me know.
12-03-2017 05:19 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-03-2017 05:19 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 05:10 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Awesome.

UNT doesn't want to play a lowly SBC and Troy doesn't want to play the team that has the least name brand recognition in college football. No one knows who they are for better or for worse. If you can tell me a football program that's more obscure than North Texas, let me know.

Charlotte

I actually sort of forgot they were FBS recently.
12-03-2017 05:24 PM
trojans664 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy University
My wife was watching me as I read the bowl assignments. She asked me "whats wrong, are y'all not going to New Orleans?". She knew that I was hoping we would return to the New Orleans Bowl. I said "we're going to New Orleans, but we're playing North Texas". Her response was, "I'm sorry sweetheart".

The whole country just watched freakin FAU destroy them. There zero to gain by thumping north texas state. Good bowl location, crappy bowl opponent.
12-03-2017 05:43 PM
Advertisement

Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2017 04:46 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 04:39 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Probably reading your posts about how bad App is from this morning...

Save the hyperbole for someone else. No one said you guys were a bad football team. I believe if it all played out you'd be #3. Neither one of us would blow you guys out. Back to back losses to UMASS and ULM are perfectly reasonable reasons to rank you guys 3rd. Crushing GSU and Louisiana doesn't change that. Arkansas State beat ULM by 17, you guys lost to them. You both crushed Lousiana and when GSU played Troy they had a similar fate. They were never really a conference title contender. It's nothing personal, it's just numbers. That's all I'm gonna say on it because we've rehashed this a million times.

And you lost to a bad USA team. I believe a healthy App beats Troy. Guess what can’t prove either statement false.
12-03-2017 05:43 PM
riburn3 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU/UTEP
(12-03-2017 04:15 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  

Would that be bad?

For NMSU nah, any bowl game is awesome. Turns out there was some MWC issues with picking the team. Didn't matter in the end.

Personally, I find the Arizona Bowl the most desirable of the Sun Belt bowls. The timing in the heart of the true "bowl season" is awesome, and it's easier to get time off that week. I also prefer the weather in Tucson vs the weather in Albuquerque at this time of the year.
12-03-2017 06:12 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(12-03-2017 05:43 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

And you lost to a bad USA team. I believe a healthy App beats Troy. Guess what can’t prove either statement false.

I'm so glad someone else gets to argue with App fans for the next year.
12-03-2017 06:15 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(12-03-2017 06:15 PM)sdcritter Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 05:43 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

I'm so glad someone else gets to argue with App fans for the next year.

Naw man I'm done. I'll let them have at it. It's really not that serious. Just my opinions and most of the non app fans on the board.
12-03-2017 06:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.