Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Hoops Whiparound
Bookmark and Share
fallsdog Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
MAC Hoops Whiparound
Feel free to add to this thread. I'll start with a couple of our favorite MAC foes:

Akron is a somewhat quiet 3-2 with wins over Cleveland State, Tennessee Martin and Tennessee Chattanooga. Akron's two losses are against Dayton and Marshall, so you've got figure 3-2 was as good as expected.

Leading the way for Akron so far is 6'6 sophomore Daniel Utomi. He is averaging nearly 23 points and 8 rebounds per game. The other familiar name is Jimond Ivey who is scoring just over 10 points a night. Coach John Groce seems to have an 8 man rotation with his very young roster. The Zips feature 9 freshman or sophomores, 2 juniors and 2 seniors. Only one of the seniors, Canadian guard Malcolm Duvivier, is contributing. Look for the Zips to enter conference play with a 7-3/6-4 record.

Bowling Green is 7-2 with some decent mid - major wins over Drexel and Florida Gulf Coast. BG's 9 man rotation features four double digit scorers. Sophomore Dylan Frye and freshman Justin Turner are both averaging over 16 points per game. That is a pretty impressive young back-court. Those two are joined by 5'10 Rodrick Caldwell, also a sophomore and also averaging double digit points.

The Falcons are also getting production from 6'10 Demajeo Wiggins (15 points/7 rebounds). Wiggins is only a junior. Looks like Bowling Green is going to compete for it this year, and be ready to really rock next season. They have three more intriguing games before MAC play opens with Evansville, Old Dominion and Green Bay. I'll say 9-3 when MAC play opens.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 10:02 AM by fallsdog.)
12-03-2017 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

anti-zip Offline
1st String

I Root For: kent state!
RE: MAC Hoops Whiparound
Interesting that no MAC team is below .500 right now.
12-03-2017 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.