Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congratulations to Georgia, SEC Champs ... Two playoff spots spoken for
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
Congratulations to Georgia, SEC Champs ... Two playoff spots spoken for
... slight ding to Alabama as well, since they can't say they loss to the champs.
12-02-2017 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
RE: Congratulations to Georgia, SEC Champs ... Two playoff spots spoken for
Tin foil hat time. Did Malzahn consciously or subconsciously tank it today so that he can go to Arkansas?
12-02-2017 07:28 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
The Clemson/Miami winner will get in

And then it is pretty much either Wisconsin, or if they lose, Ohio State or Alabama

I think Alabama's hopes are fading

I'd like to see USC in the debate if Wisconsin loses, but I don't think that is going to happen. That said, I don't think Wisconsin is going to lose
12-02-2017 07:42 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Quote:Rodger Sherman
@rodger_sherman

The Bad Division Uprising is upon us:
First ever Pac-12 South championship game win
First SEC East championship game win since 2008
ACC Coastal and Big Ten West up next

4:37 PM - 2 Dec 2017
12-02-2017 07:44 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

OU, UGA, Clemson/Miami and Wisc/Bama.

Crimson Tide fans rooting hard for OSU tonight.
12-02-2017 07:45 PM
RutgersGuy Offline
All American

(12-02-2017 07:44 PM)Wedge Wrote:  
Quote:Rodger Sherman
@rodger_sherman

The Bad Division Uprising is upon us:
First ever Pac-12 South championship game win
First SEC East championship game win since 2008
ACC Coastal and Big Ten West up next

4:37 PM - 2 Dec 2017

Thats great! I totally want 3 new teams in the playoff. Way too many repeat appearances.
12-02-2017 07:46 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-02-2017 07:28 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  Tin foil hat time. Did Malzahn consciously or subconsciously tank it today so that he can go to Arkansas?

I don't know what Malzahn wants to do, but this is the usual Jimmy Sexton ploy for a raise.

But congratulations to Georgia. We just weren't healthy going into the game and things got worse in the first half. Stove went out with an ankle, Davis (a top defensive back went down with an undisclosed injury), Johnson was obviously not 100%, and so Georgia will probably be the better representative for the SEC moving forward.

I could write a thesis about how this is a prevalent issue for a Malzahn coached team, but I'll save that for another day. Suffice it to say he plays his starters injured until they are broken and then puts the players in that aren't equipped to play due to lack of practice and playing time.

I'll be rooting for the Buckeyes tonight, but I really think Wisconsin will take them.

War Eagle Anyway! Oh, and I hope Georgia's Michelle is okay because they're going to need him.
12-02-2017 07:57 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Don’t think it matters....the Big Ten and ACC Title Games are virtual playoff games...the winners are in...Alabama Toast...not a strong rusume as compared to Ohio State if they win...07-coffee3
12-02-2017 08:13 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
If OSU wins, there is a poetic irony knowing ESPN’s propaganda machine has to make a Sophie’s Choice between ‘Bama and Ohio St.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 08:28 PM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
12-02-2017 08:28 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(12-02-2017 07:28 PM)UpStreamRedTeam Wrote:  Tin foil hat time. Did Malzahn consciously or subconsciously tank it today so that he can go to Arkansas?
03-no

(12-02-2017 07:42 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  ...I don't think Wisconsin is going to lose
03-yes
12-02-2017 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-02-2017 08:13 PM)Maize Wrote:  Don’t think it matters....the Big Ten and ACC Title Games are virtual playoff games...the winners are in...Alabama Toast...not a strong rusume as compared to Ohio State if they win...07-coffee3

I call B.S. on that one Maize. No team that loses by more than 30 to an also ran needs to lay claim to a playoff spot ever. And that doesn't count a 15 point loss at home to the Sooners. Ohio State is weak and one dimensional and most of the Big 10 was down this year. Look at their losses.

Alabama may be better but the committee would be wise to play King Solomon this year and give UCF the 4th slot if the Buckeyes win. That way both Bama and the Buckeyes have to watch as the Knights get in. They are 12-0. (thanks to Georgia Tech's cancellation) And the G5 will be pacified for a few years.

But spare me the hooey about the Buckeyes.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 10:03 PM by JRsec.)
12-02-2017 09:57 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(12-02-2017 09:57 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 08:13 PM)Maize Wrote:  Don’t think it matters....the Big Ten and ACC Title Games are virtual playoff games...the winners are in...Alabama Toast...not a strong rusume as compared to Ohio State if they win...07-coffee3

I call B.S. on that one Maize. No team that loses by more than 30 to an also ran needs to lay claim to a playoff spot ever. And that doesn't count a 15 point loss at home to the Sooners. Ohio State is weak and one dimensional and most of the Big 10 was down this year. Look at their losses.

Alabama may be better but the committee would be wise to play King Solomon this year and give UCF the 4th slot if the Buckeyes win. That way both Bama and the Buckeyes have to watch as the Knights get in. They are 12-0. (thanks to Georgia Tech's cancellation) And the G5 will be pacified for a few years.

Just watch what happens tomorrow if the Ohio State-Wisconsin Score holds up and the reason why tOSU get the nod...
12-02-2017 10:06 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-02-2017 10:06 PM)Maize Wrote:  

Just watch what happens tomorrow if the Ohio State-Wisconsin Score holds up and the reason why tOSU get the nod...

I agree if Ohio State beats Wisconsin they very well could get in.

But they shouldn't. You and i can both imagine Alabama beating Penn State and Wisconsin. Neither of us can imagine Alabama losing by 30 to Iowa.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 10:15 PM by quo vadis.)
12-02-2017 10:13 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-02-2017 10:06 PM)Maize Wrote:  

They got whipped twice once at home and once on the road to a middling Iowa. The problem is USC lost to Notre Dame by 35 and to Washington State. Beyond the Buckeyes there's going to be a 2 loss Miami most likely, and UCF.

If the Buckeyes get in this year the CFP has truly lost all credibility and will be unredeemable. IMO they lost credibility twice already. Once when they snubbed T.C.U. and most importantly last year when they bypassed Penn State.

Should Wisconsin lose it will only reinforce just how weak the Big 10 really was this year because the Badgers had one of the weakest schedules in the nation. Calling Ohio State's wins against overrated schools is not a defensible position to anyone but the hacks doing the bidding of the network who comprise the committee. IMO the CFP is almost worse than the old Bowl System and with the trailing hack job done by the AP poll. Of the three so far the BCS was the most economical and often the more correct. Having twice the teams means this committee screws up twice as much and the sliding scales by which they justify their decisions every year is also indefensible.

If their smart it will be UCF. They may not be the best team either but they are undefeated. But if they have to choose and for a third time Ohio State gets to screw over a better team, and Alabama is, then I think the SEC should pull out of it and set up their own bowls. That should get their attention!

I am all about going to 4 champs only with the push to dismantle one of the existing P5's. But by this system there is no way the Buckeyes deserve to, or should be, back in the mix this year.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 10:26 PM by JRsec.)
12-02-2017 10:24 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Nah, he even bribed the officials. Wasn't enough.
12-02-2017 10:34 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(12-02-2017 07:57 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I don't know what Malzahn wants to do, but this is the usual Jimmy Sexton ploy for a raise.

But congratulations to Georgia. We just weren't healthy going into the game and things got worse in the first half. Stove went out with an ankle, Davis (a top defensive back went down with an undisclosed injury), Johnson was obviously not 100%, and so Georgia will probably be the better representative for the SEC moving forward.

I could write a thesis about how this is a prevalent issue for a Malzahn coached team, but I'll save that for another day. Suffice it to say he plays his starters injured until they are broken and then puts the players in that aren't equipped to play due to lack of practice and playing time.

I'll be rooting for the Buckeyes tonight, but I really think Wisconsin will take them.

War Eagle Anyway! Oh, and I hope Georgia's Michelle is okay because they're going to need him.

Sony is great, but with Chubb, Swift and Hollyfield, the Georgia RB stable is stocked. Hopefully he will recover quickly. He will be a high NFL draft pick.
12-02-2017 10:36 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

Ohio St. should not be in. While Alabama doesn't have much of a resume, the Buckeyes have had a pretty easy ride as well and nobody who gets destroyed by Iowa has any argument for being in.

The committee likes Alabama. They're in with an Ohio St. win.
12-02-2017 10:38 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Seen on Reddit: SEC fans form a support group
[Image: DQF6ABEXkAAQEcM.jpg:large]
12-02-2017 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
quo vadis Offline
Legend

Ohio State 24

Wisconsin 21

4th Q

Ohio State not dominating, may make the debate moot by losing.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 11:21 PM by quo vadis.)
12-02-2017 11:11 PM
Soobahk40050 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee
(12-02-2017 10:38 PM)bullet Wrote:  

Ohio St. should not be in. While Alabama doesn't have much of a resume, the Buckeyes have had a pretty easy ride as well and nobody who gets destroyed by Iowa has any argument for being in.

The committee likes Alabama. They're in with an Ohio St. win.

Let's just have a play in game. Ohio State vs. Alabama for the right to play Clemson. Oh, what's that? Now we have to include USC too? Alabama vs. UCF, Ohio State vs. USC, winners play each other to play Clemson. Or Alabama vs. USC and Ohio State vs. UCF.
12-02-2017 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.