Countdown To Kickoff:
Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blazer Almanac November 30
Bookmark and Share
Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Blazer Almanac November 30
November 30

UAB football
UAB football is 0-1 on this date. In 2002, they traveled to Cincinnati and lost 31-23. They finished 5-7, yet another year that they would have been bowl eligible by winning their last game. UAB was up 23-17 with 11:21 to go in the game, but Cincinnati scored two touchdowns to win the game.

UAB Basketball
Today UAB plays Memphis. The Blazers have lost 16 straight to the Tigers the longest losing streak that UAB has ever had to anyone. UAB last beat Memphis in 2006.

The Blazers are3-2 in games played on November 30.

1984 - After beating the #2 and #19 ranked teams in the country and winning the Great Alaskan Shootout, UAB went from unranked to #13 in the country. Next up was Sonny Smith and the Auburn Tigers, led by Chuck Person. UAB led by eight with 15 minutes to go, but Auburn battled back to win 61-59. UAB was led by Steve Mitchell who had 24 points.

1990 - UAB played Auburn again on this date in 1990. This was the first time UAB and Auburn played at Bartow Arena. At the same time, Sixth ranked Alabama was playing #19 Southern Miss at the BJCC arena. Between the two games almost 27000 people were at a basketball game in Birmingham Alabama. The SEC teams from Alabama both suffered losses as Southern Miss upset Alabama and UAB beat Auburn 71-65. Andy Kennedy scored 14 of his 27 points in the last 11 minutes of the game to lead UAB to the win.

1993 - UAB beat Alabama State 87-72.
1995 - UAB beat Prairie View A&M 105-52.

2011 - UAB traveled to Mobile and lost 55-47 to South Alabama. This followed a home loss to UT Martin and UAB was 1-5. Things were looking bleak for Mike Davis, who would be in his last year as UAB's coach.

Blazer Birthdays
Born today in 1974 was James Bristow. Bristow played for UAB two and half years from 1994-1997. He left the team during his senior year to play football for the Blazers.
11-30-2017 02:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

the_blazerman Offline
Revert to group default

I Root For: UAB
RE: Blazer Almanac November 30
& I am guessing that this was the latest date in a season that we played a football game.
11-30-2017 02:44 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Blazer Almanac November 30
I think there is one more December 1, besides the bowl game
11-30-2017 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.