I Root For: PAC 12
Second Amendment Rights being abused?

11-28-2017 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Second Amendment Rights being abused?
I'm certain Kap will opine on this one....

the po-po will always check ID and run it through the database to see if the carrier is either a felon or the weapon was stolen......

it's amazing what happens when one doesn't combat and complies......

it's actually very simple.....

my birth state brethren doing it the right way.......who'd a thunk it???

disclaimer: I'm being very nice with this response....notice I didn't have to bring race into play....
11-28-2017 05:36 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
This is precisely what i said would happen when I said I favored open carry to concealed.

Criminals won't take a chance on the cop just 'buying' that they have a permit and the ability to see guns likely deters them or at least puts targets on THEIR backs, not mine.

Unless it's rampant and targeted, I really don't see most 2nd amendment people fussing about being stopped.
11-28-2017 05:45 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
If you open carry, you are just asking for some panicked liberal soccer mom to make a bs panic call or to have a LEO stop to see whats going on to ensure that you are not coo-koo for cocoa puffs.

Great way to permanently avoid this. Kydex holster at the appendix or 4 o'clock position.
11-28-2017 05:47 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(11-28-2017 05:47 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  If you open carry, you are just asking for some panicked liberal soccer mom to make a bs panic call or to have a LEO stop to see whats going on to ensure that you are not coo-koo for cocoa puffs.

Great way to permanently avoid this. Kydex holster at the appendix or 4 o'clock position.

While you do have a point about some people overreacting in general to firearms in public, if you're one of those numbnuts walking into mall or around a neighborhood with an AR style weapon slung across your back in wannabe tactical gear just to prove a point, you should expect the cops to be called.
11-28-2017 06:00 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-28-2017 05:45 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  This is precisely what i said would happen when I said I favored open carry to concealed.

Criminals won't take a chance on the cop just 'buying' that they have a permit and the ability to see guns likely deters them or at least puts targets on THEIR backs, not mine.

Unless it's rampant and targeted, I really don't see most 2nd amendment people fussing about being stopped.

I wonder if at some point the cops get tired of responding to these kinds of calls. The police officer in this video looks extremely annoyed that he has to be doing this.
11-29-2017 01:22 PM
Advertisement

Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
"This is all you've got".... It's freaking passport! It's the gold standard of ID
11-29-2017 01:27 PM
Bull_Is_Back Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Buffalo
(11-29-2017 01:22 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I wonder if at some point the cops get tired of responding to these kinds of calls. The police officer in this video looks extremely annoyed that he has to be doing this.

It's his own fault for going a wee bit overboard. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but why not just check the person with the holstered gun? Just say "I need to run your id to make sure this is a legit permit and let's leave the store because they don't want this going on in their place of business.

Instead he collecting ID from 5-10 people, then he has to run it all, then he starts gabbing about the stupid cameras.
11-29-2017 01:34 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(11-28-2017 06:00 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  While you do have a point about some people overreacting in general to firearms in public, if you're one of those numbnuts walking into mall or around a neighborhood with an AR style weapon slung across your back in wannabe tactical gear just to prove a point, you should expect the cops to be called.

I'm perfectly fine with an LEO doing a drive by, and maybe striking up a conversation. But asking for papers, not so much.

Fine line - everyone in this situation has a responsibility to tread lightly, be respectful, and assume the best.

If I owned firearms anymore, and I might not after that terrible deep lake canoe accident when all that I may have owned where lost overboard, I would simply never open carry.
11-29-2017 01:34 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(11-28-2017 05:36 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I'm certain Kap will opine on this one....

the po-po will always check ID and run it through the database to see if the carrier is either a felon or the weapon was stolen......

We always ran checks on anyone we encountered on calls, armed or not, so yes.
11-29-2017 01:43 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-29-2017 01:43 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 05:36 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I'm certain Kap will opine on this one....

So at the end of the video, it seemed like all of the people in the walmart had their ID's checked any idea why he asked them to see him outside?
11-29-2017 02:36 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(11-29-2017 02:36 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 01:43 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

So at the end of the video, it seemed like all of the people in the walmart had their ID's checked any idea why he asked them to see him outside?

A) I think he was trying to cause as little of a scene as possible.

B) I think he wanted to go out to his car to run the ID's to make sure there wasn't a warrant, etc.

I really have no issue with anything that I saw in the video. I could have done without the 2nd Amendment lecture, but I get it.
11-29-2017 03:03 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Heck, I'll be honest, other than the cop complaining about being filmed as if he was afraid of something, I don't see anything anybody did that was wrong. (maybe you could argue why the second cop needed a heavier rifle)
11-29-2017 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-29-2017 03:06 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Heck, I'll be honest, other than the cop complaining about being filmed as if he was afraid of something, I don't see anything anybody did that was wrong. (maybe you could argue why the second cop needed a heavier rifle)

I suppose you are correct.

Do people who open carry have to do this at every store they go to?
11-29-2017 03:34 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(11-29-2017 03:34 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Do people who open carry have to do this at every store they go to?

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.
11-29-2017 03:41 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-29-2017 03:41 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 03:34 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Do people who open carry have to do this at every store they go to?

When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Seems like an awful waste of time for law enforcement and legal gun owners.

I would rather not open carry.
11-29-2017 03:44 PM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

(11-29-2017 03:44 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  I would rather not open carry.

You don't have to. In fact, I encourage you to conceal carry.

But that's the beauty of the 2nd Amendment and local state gun rights. It's an individual right that people cannot impact.
11-29-2017 03:53 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(11-29-2017 03:34 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 03:06 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Heck, I'll be honest, other than the cop complaining about being filmed as if he was afraid of something, I don't see anything anybody did that was wrong. (maybe you could argue why the second cop needed a heavier rifle)

I suppose you are correct.

Do people who open carry have to do this at every store they go to?

My assumption from some of the conversation, was that some concerned citizen made a complaint and the cop is trying to sort it out.
11-29-2017 03:57 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(11-29-2017 03:53 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

But that's the beauty of the 2nd Amendment and local state gun rights. It's an individual right that people cannot impact.

What does it cost to conceal carry.
11-29-2017 03:58 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies
(11-29-2017 03:58 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 03:53 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

What does it cost to conceal carry.

Depends on the state and ultimate jurisdiction.
11-29-2017 04:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.