Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Woodfin's Latest Comments on the Stadium
Bookmark and Share
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
Woodfin's Latest Comments on the Stadium
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index....iver_index

Woodfin said he supports a new downtown stadium, and he wants it to happen now through a public-private partnership.

"I don't want to spend the next four years talking about it," he said. "We have been talking about it for over 30 years. We need to either do it or not."

Woodfin said the city would be a partner in the stadium. "If we want to get this done, let's do it," he said.
11-28-2017 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
RE: Woodfin's Latest Comments on the Stadium
he want a free stadium
11-28-2017 02:02 PM
CourtsideBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BlazerBall !
(11-28-2017 02:02 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  he want a free stadium

No. He doesn't want the city to have to pay for all of it. I don't think that's ever been on the table, though. The county will be in on it as well as the city and I'm sure our corporate sponsors will want to continue backing a winning horse.
11-28-2017 02:46 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Randall, That dog won't hunt. Only entity that anyone is waiting on is the city no matter how many time or ways you spin it.

You are not getting a free facility. The City will have to commit the lodging tax that was purposed for a new facility in the first place that the city has been utilizing elsewhere. You can either **** or get off the toilet.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 03:58 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-28-2017 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(11-28-2017 02:46 PM)CourtsideBlazer Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 02:02 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  he want a free stadium

No. He doesn't want the city to have to pay for all of it. I don't think that's ever been on the table, though. The county will be in on it as well as the city and I'm sure our corporate sponsors will want to continue backing a winning horse.

The city isn't and never was. Everyone has ponied up but the City. County, Private, and UAB all though I have not been told what capacity that is on UAB's part but we are on board.
11-28-2017 03:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
As Woodfin is pointing out, talk is cheap. To actually build something, one must have real money offered, not just talk of money. So far, talk is all that is being offered while the parties seem to want B'ham to come up with the real money. As with UAB's offer to rent the new stadium once built, much has been said but little has been financially offered to get it done.

Some blanks that need to be filled (besides B'ham):
UAB $____
Hoover $_____
Jeffco $_____
Private $_____
Metro Suburbs $_____
State $_____
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 04:04 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
11-28-2017 03:52 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
It sounds like either he repeated what he said prior, or they just quoted his past comment.

From the article I'm assuming he was just inaugurated today. I guess the clock is ticking now. If Birmingham balks, could the donors pitch it to Homewood? If that's a potential threat, Birmingham might not appreciate losing all those potential out of town lodgers and diners and parking to across the mountain.
11-28-2017 03:52 PM

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

(11-28-2017 03:52 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  As Woodfin is pointing out, talk is cheap. To actually build something, one must have real money offered, not just talk of money. So far, talk is all that is being offered while the parties seem to want B'ham to come up with the real money. As with UAB's offer to rent the new stadium once built, much has been said but little has been financially offered to get it done.

Wrong. Everyone is at the table except birmingham. He is playing a game and he better hope it doesn’t backfire on him.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 04:01 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-28-2017 04:00 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(11-28-2017 04:00 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 03:52 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  As Woodfin is pointing out, talk is cheap. To actually build something, one must have real money offered, not just talk of money. So far, talk is all that is being offered while the parties seem to want B'ham to come up with the real money. As with UAB's offer to rent the new stadium once built, much has been said but little has been financially offered to get it done.

Wrong. Everyone is at the table except birmingham.

So what are the next steps to call him out on it?
11-28-2017 04:02 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: C-USA/UAB
BlazerTalk Award
(11-28-2017 03:52 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  So far, talk is all that is being offered while the parties seem to want B'ham to come up with the real money.

Where did you pull that assumption out of thin air?
11-28-2017 04:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.